Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 08-22-2006, 09:45 AM   #1
46blueeyed

46blueeyed has said some nice things
Smile Crab Cakes

Hi I am new to this site, I found it on BBW Network.

I need a recipe for crab cakes that is simple. Can you help me?

Happy Eating !!!!

Have a Great Day !!!! ;) ;)
46blueeyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 09:59 AM   #2
CuteyChubb
Queen of Hearts

CuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging in

http://web.foodnetwork.com/food/web/...rchType=Recipe

I love crab cakes. Welcome to the site.
CuteyChubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 10:06 AM   #3
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Hi! Welcome to the site!

I love crab cakes when they are gooood! So often I order them and I am disappointed.

I know you said easy recipes, so I dug around on the Food Network site and found the following which were labeled "easy".

Crab Cakes by Wolfgang Puck - The recipe sounds good (how can anything with heavy cream be bad? )

Here's a Paul Deen recipe which has fewer and more basic ingredients. It really does seem easy. I clicked on the pic to enlarge it and I just might need to get me some crab cakes SOON!.

Here is a "Baltimore Orioles Maryland Crabcakes" recipe if you like your crab with old bay spicing. These sound terrific, and again, very easy.

Anyhow, I hope these help. I have found the Food Network recipes to be pretty reliable. Sorry I don't have a personal recipe of my own, but when I want crab cakes I go out and buy them. I admire your ambition!

Edited to add: I just saw Cutey's post! LOL. I guess the Food Network really IS the best resource. hehe
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 10:19 AM   #4
Fyreflyintheskye
☯tae kwan donut champ☯

Fyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions community

ohhh, my goodness. My uncle, Cappy (nickname, of course ), used to make the most incredible crab cakes. I don't have the recipe and he's no longer with us... but thanks for the memory
Old 08-22-2006, 11:11 AM   #5
BBWMoon
Kisses

BBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I just had the best Crab Cakes last week in Manhattan at Croton Reservoir Tavern. (40th St. Between 6th Ave & Broadway.)

This is the same place Goddess' Dance parties have been held at a few times.

Apparently during the day, they have a MASSIVE Business HAPPY HOUR... full to the brim with Suits & Ties.

A great time to nosh there is between Lunch & Happy Hour.

Watch Out: It's a bit pricey. But their Crab Cake Appetizer is $13.00
and soooo crispy on the outside, yummy on the inside & has a butt kicking dipping sauce on the side!

If anyone wants to go during the week after work, to try them... I'd be happy to join you!

Croton Reservoir Tavern
108 W. 40th St., New York, NY 10018
between Sixth Ave. and Broadway
212-997-6836
BBWMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 11:33 AM   #6
CuteyChubb
Queen of Hearts

CuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging in

BBWMoon, I'd love to join you but *sigh* much distance seperates us. FYI, I envy you who live in and near NY city/Manhattan b/c of your vast food choices. If I were there right now, I'd grab me a street hot dog and a slice of pizza as an appetizer! hee
CuteyChubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 01:45 AM   #7
BBWMoon
Kisses

BBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteyChubb
BBWMoon, I'd love to join you but *sigh* much distance seperates us. FYI, I envy you who live in and near NY city/Manhattan b/c of your vast food choices. If I were there right now, I'd grab me a street hot dog and a slice of pizza as an appetizer! hee
New York certainly is a "Good Restaurant" Mecca! It's all individual experience as well. I've heard other Dimmer's comment highly on certain Restaurants here that I haven't visited yet.

Funny thing, I used to love Street Vendors in NY as a tourist. Now that I live here, I pass them by. (Not sticking my nose up... it just happened, don't know quite why...)) The candied nuts don't even make me turn my head... lol.
BBWMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 06:57 AM   #8
jcas50
Liberal Scum

jcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot pics
Default Crab Cakes

Crab cakes are delicious. Good crab cakes are wonderful patties of goodness. Truly great crab cakes are the devine things that, when remembered, can get you through anything.

My favorite crab cakes were near Baltimore at the Bayou Blues Cafe in White Marsh

http://www.bayoubluescafe.com/

These are pricey, but you have to understand is what you are getting is large mounds of pure crabmeat with Old Bay, some other spices, and a little mayo to bind it. This is nothing like those tired pre frozen breaded hockey pucks you will find everywhere. These are the things of devine insperation. I have of course no recipe, but the chef, a really nice BHM, for those who would appreciate that, told me it was an old Maryland Eastern Shore recipe.

If you check the food tv website for Maryland eastern Shore Crabcake recipes you might be able to replicate the taste of heaven. But remember, no breadcrumbs at all, with Old Bay and mayo.

Bon appetit.
Old 09-10-2006, 11:26 AM   #9
Weejee

Weejee can now change their title
Talking Great Crab Cakes in MD!

I had great crab cakes in the Ott House in Emmetsburg MD. Since moving to the west coast, I really miss those, and also soft shell crabs.

Weejee
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fMs. Midriff.jpg (94.2 KB, 121 views)
Weejee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 11:40 AM   #10
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I confess that the only crab cakes I've ever had.. was at a Red Lobster.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:03 PM   #11
sugar and spice

sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

My Grand Mother was from the eastern shore Chincoteague Va. She made the best crab cakes I ever had and the recipe is very simple.
1 lb. crab meat ( be sure to go through and pick all shells out of meat)
2 TBS. mayonaise
1 TBS mustard
1 sleeve of crushed saltine crackers
hot sauce ( amount to your preference for spiciness)
vegetable oil for frying
1 egg, beaten

Directions: combine all ingredients, form into patties, refrigerate for about 20 minutes, then fry
until golden brown on each side, drain on paper towels.

It is really easy but its really tasty too, I hope you enjoy them. My regret in life is my husband is allergic to shell fish, so I never make them at home, I really crave them sometimes too.

Last edited by SoVerySoft; 01-30-2008 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Added the missing egg to make the recipe complete.
sugar and spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 05:20 PM   #12
sugar and spice

sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Oh yeah I forgot there is also one egg, beaten, in the recipe I just posted,So just add one beaten egg to all other ingredients. sorry bout that.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:35 PM   #13
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugar and spice View Post
Oh yeah I forgot there is also one egg, beaten, in the recipe I just posted,So just add one beaten egg to all other ingredients. sorry bout that.
I added it to the recipe so that if someone prints it they will have it in one place
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 12:09 PM   #14
sugar and spice

Thank you for fixing that for me.
Old 02-03-2008, 04:02 PM   #15
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.

You can not have good crab cakes without Old Bay, sorry, can't be done.

Speaking of Old Bay, add it to your tuna fish-I can't eat mine without it.
butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 03:15 PM   #16
moore2me
Lions don't need to spank

moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by butch View Post
You can not have good crab cakes without Old Bay, sorry, can't be done.

Speaking of Old Bay, add it to your tuna fish-I can't eat mine without it.
Old Bay has a package mix to make crab cakes and a mix to make salmon patties. I ususally buy a dozen or so a couple of times a year from the OldBay online store. The salmon pattie mix is great & very easy -I prefer my salmon patties broiled & this mix stands up well for broiling..
http://www.marylanddelivered.com/oldbay.htm
moore2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 04:40 PM   #17
JMCGB
Let me feed you

JMCGB is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJMCGB is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJMCGB is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJMCGB is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJMCGB is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJMCGB is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJMCGB is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJMCGB is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJMCGB is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJMCGB is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJMCGB is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Best crabcakes I have had are from G&M which is about 5 minutes from BWI airport. They are about the size of a softball and are simply divine.