Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board > Weight Gain

Old 02-15-2008, 02:34 PM   #1
anders_steen

anders_steen has said some nice things
Default The Spark, weight gaining project

Does any one remember "the spark, weight gaining project"? I wonder if there is something like that on the web these days.... It was great to see those contestants plump up day by day.
anders_steen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 04:16 PM   #2
Still a Skye fan
Normalcy is overrated

Still a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging in

Yeah, I remember that.

Strange idea but I thought it was neat.

Dennis
Still a Skye fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 10:14 PM   #3
Chubbyadmirer86

Chubbyadmirer86 can now change their title

There was a competition called the beer belly challenge that focused on one woman gaining weight over five weeks. Here's the link: http://www.studio15direct.com/bbcintro.htm. She doesn't really get fat or even chubby though. Btw what was the spark, I've never heard of it.
Chubbyadmirer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 05:45 AM   #4
Artflsoul

Artflsoul can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyadmirer86 View Post
There was a competition called the beer belly challenge that focused on one woman gaining weight over five weeks. Here's the link: http://www.studio15direct.com/bbcintro.htm. She doesn't really get fat or even chubby though. Btw what was the spark, I've never heard of it.
I may be wrong but I think those were the origins of what is now "stuffer31."
Artflsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 10:55 PM   #5
Nameless88888888

Nameless88888888 has said some nice things

I totally remember that. It was thespark.com, which eventually turned into Sparknotes.com. The original site was a bunch of personality quizes and stuff, and occasionally they'd have a "science project". Another one they did besides the weight gain one was where they left meat out in the sun for like...a month...just to see what would happen.

I think it was called "The Fat Project" though, if I remember correctly. It was a guy and a girl, and the object was to gain 30 pounds in 30 days. The winner got some cash prize (they ended up splitting it, though, I think). They had some pretty nice pictures of the girl on there, too. I remember being disapointed when they did a follow up on it 6 months later and she had lost the weight, hehe.

I remember seeing that thing waaay back when. Like, back when I wouldn't have known what BBW stood for. That thing on The Spark might've even been a catalyst for me liking big girls, it was kind of when I was starting to figure all of that out.
Nameless88888888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 11:15 PM   #6
wolffeeder

wolffeeder has said some nice things

Spark...

Freshman 15 Challenge... and Beer Belly Challenge...

Stuffed Online...

I remember them...
wolffeeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 06:29 AM   #7
fatgirl33
Just doodlin'

fatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 club

I was fascinated by the Fat Challenge, but it was only a curiosity. I found nothing about it very sexy, especially in the way they presented it.

I preferred the Freshman 15 challenge that it inspired. Some of the growth pics of the girls were quite nice, if I recall correctly. 15 lbs isn't much, though. I would have like to see the the Freshman 50!

Brenda
fatgirl33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 06:46 AM   #8
Crumbling
Distilled Evil

Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anders_steen View Post
Does any one remember "the spark, weight gaining project"? I wonder if there is something like that on the web these days.... It was great to see those contestants plump up day by day.
'The Spark' as was is what has become 'OKCupid'

The spark weight gaining project... and a couple of the other experiments are still archived in the humour section there...

http://www.okcupid.com/humor/fat-project-home.html

S.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:54 AM   #9
bigirlover

bigirlover can now change their title
Talking I'd like to know...

if we could set something up like this??? But let's do it 50lbs. in 2 or 3 months for $5000. I'd especially like to see the smaller BBWs to participate so we can really see the growth. This is just a brain storm from me, but let's get this thing rolling! Let me hear your feedback.
bigirlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 08:13 AM   #10
Chubbyadmirer86

Chubbyadmirer86 can now change their title

I'd love to see that! Who'd pay out the $5000?

Edit: I just checked out that OkCupid link. All I have to say is damn both those people needed the extra weight. And they still didn't get fat.

Last edited by Chubbyadmirer86; 02-18-2008 at 08:16 AM.
Chubbyadmirer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 09:48 AM   #11
IwannabeVERYfat
ready to be fattened up!!

IwannabeVERYfat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesIwannabeVERYfat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

damn, I'd do it !!

PROUD FAN OF BigCutieQTPie!!
She is My dream lady!!
IwannabeVERYfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 09:19 AM   #12
infinity57401

infinity57401 has said some nice things

I remember this test, it's funny that some of us came upon thespark.com before people now know it as sparknotes.
infinity57401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 02:02 PM   #13
CuriousKitten
Absolutely Adorable

CuriousKitten can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesCuriousKitten can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I loved that project on the Spark! Plus I met my first BHM through Sparkmatch - the incredibly short lived spark related dating site. Ha. Good days. Too bad they gave it up.
CuriousKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 03:02 AM   #14
S-Mac

S-Mac has said some nice things

does anyone have any links to anything at all involving major weight gain?
S-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote