Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 03-22-2008, 02:40 PM   #1
Brandi
The Emotional Cook

Brandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging in
Default 10 lbs of salty cashew/almond mixture

I recently "won" this as a prize. I don't want to just sit down and eat them. I want to cook with them...anyone have any favourite recipes?
Brandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 03:24 PM   #2
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Maybe use some to make a brittle?

And others to grind up for a cashew/almond butter?

And the rest for a snack while watching tv

p.s. how'd you win them??
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 03:46 PM   #3
knottyknicky
Hips like Cinderella

knottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticed

My favorite is when you make clusters with nuts but instead of just chocolate, you mix butterscotch in with the chocolate as well...

holeemolee.
knottyknicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 03:48 PM   #4
D_A_Bunny
www.peaceoneday.org

D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!

You can also grind some up and use as a coating for fish or meat. What a great prize!
Old 03-22-2008, 04:09 PM   #5
sugar and spice

sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Wow you are so lucky congratulations thats my kind of prize. If it was me I probably would eat it all right from the bag LOL I have no self control.. I was thinking, how about a home made granola, I love granola bars and it can be eaten as a cereal or over yogurt or just as a snack. I found this recipe online I hope you like it, let us know what you decide to do with all those yummy nuts.

HOME MADE GRANOLA

2 cups rolled oats (not instant)
1 cup peanuts or toasted almonds
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1/2 cup toasted sunflower seeds
1/2 cup coconut (I always use unsweetened, but you can go for the sweetened kind if you'd like)
1/4 cup toasted wheat germ (I often omit this ingredient, as I tend to forget to buy it)
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup dried fruit (dried apricots, craisins and dried apple are all delicious choices)
scant 1/4 cup cooking oil (not olive)
1/2 cup honey

Mix the oat, nuts and grains in a large bowl. Measure oil into the measuring cup and swirl it around before pouring into bowl. Then measure out the honey in the same, unwashed cup. The oil will help the honey exit the cup. Toss everything together until evenly coated and then pour out into a baking pan. I use a large roasting pan, as it keeps everything contained. A cookie sheet with a lip also works, but you have to stir it slightly more carefully if you use that. Bake at 300 degrees for 30 minutes, turning it with a spatula every ten minutes or so. You want everything to be an even golden brown. When it is finished cooking, returned the baked granola to the mixing bowl, add the raisins and fruit and stir to combine. Stir gently several times as it cooks, so that it doesn't clump together too much. Enjoy!
Old 03-23-2008, 07:45 AM   #6
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I was looking through a vegan cookbook and there was a recipe for a vegan pate using walnuts. Perhaps you can do something similar with your mixture. Maybe also substitute pinenuts and make a pesto of sorts. Have fun and don't od on it!
MissToodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 04:03 PM   #7
Brandi
The Emotional Cook

Brandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging in

Great ideas guys!!

I should have also mentioned, I get this same prize for 12 months...10lbs of cashews/almonds each month. lol ggeeezzz, my dad paid five bucks to enter my name lmao
Old 03-24-2008, 04:07 PM   #8
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandi View Post
Great ideas guys!!

I should have also mentioned, I get this same prize for 12 months...10lbs of cashews/almonds each month. lol ggeeezzz, my dad paid five bucks to enter my name lmao
OK, now I no longer envy you. Holy moly. LOL...That's...um...NUTS!
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
Old 03-24-2008, 04:15 PM   #9
Brandi
The Emotional Cook

Well SVS everyone in my family is getting brittle and cashew or almond butter for presents lmao!
Old 03-24-2008, 04:53 PM   #10
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandi View Post
Well SVS everyone in my family is getting brittle and cashew or almond butter for presents lmao!
Excellent ideas
Old 03-24-2008, 05:07 PM   #11
Leesa

Leesa is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeesa is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeesa is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeesa is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeesa is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeesa is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeesa is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeesa is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeesa is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeesa is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeesa is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Talking presents?

Adopt me!