Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 10-23-2005, 04:48 PM   #26
bigsexy920
Ok I'll be good.

bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Yes

I like both and sometimes I like them at the same time. Like popcorn with butter and M&M's. I think thats why I like movies so much
bigsexy920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 07:46 PM   #27
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Tonite I had an urge for something salty. I opened a can of olives (the really big ones - and I finally found a brand that isn't mushy!)

I munched away, even sipping the brine. I do LOVE black olives.

I stopped myself from finishing them all (thought that might be a bit much this late at night) but then I wanted something sweet.

So I softened a pint of Green Tea Gelato, and ate all the melty parts. mmmMMmm

Did you snack tonite? Salty? Sweet? Both??
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 08:21 PM   #28
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft
Did you snack tonite? Salty? Sweet? Both??

Skor bar after dinner, as dessert. I love those damned things b/c of the mix of textures.
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 09:12 PM   #29
Jeannie
Connect the dots

Jeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 club

Mission tortilla chips and Pace piquante sauce. Finished up with a couple homemade Magic cookie bars. Those things are delish cold!
Jeannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 06:08 AM   #30
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I had celery filled with cream cheese and green olives. What brand is the green tea gelato? Sound fab!
Old 10-25-2005, 10:10 AM   #31
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissToodles
I had celery filled with cream cheese and green olives. What brand is the green tea gelato? Sound fab!
The gelato was from Trader Joe's and the brand is "Gelato Classico" What I didn't mention was...it isn't great. I thought the flavor was too mild, altho it is sweet and creamy, so I ate it anyhow. I also bought "fresh ginger" gelato, but haven't tried that one yet.

And I bought coconut sorbet. That I know I like!

I should start a Trader Joe's thread tonight. So many yummy things there.

By the way - I LOVE cream cheese on celery. Never thought to add olives! Sounds great! I remember back in second grade at a birthday party, the gal's mom served celery stuffed with cream cheese, and sprinkled paprika on it. To this day I credit "Mrs. Marshall" with my passion for it. (What I didn't know then, but do know now, is that I would love pretty much anything stuffed with cream cheese )
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne

Last edited by SoVerySoft; 10-25-2005 at 03:31 PM.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:12 AM   #32
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeannie
Mission tortilla chips and Pace piquante sauce. Finished up with a couple homemade Magic cookie bars. Those things are delish cold!
OK, do tell...what are "Magic cookie bars"??
Old 10-25-2005, 10:13 AM   #33
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes
Skor bar after dinner, as dessert. I love those damned things b/c of the mix of textures.
Oooh Skor bars! I love those and Heath bars..it isn't the texture for me..it's the...dare I say?...sweet and salty taste of the toffee!!
Old 10-25-2005, 10:26 AM   #34
Jeannie
Connect the dots

Jeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 club
Thumbs up

SoVerySoft, these are super easy to make and taste so yummy! Good at room temp but even better kept in the frig.

Quote:
This is THE EAGLE BRAND® best-loved classic - a favorite of kids and adults alike! EAGLE BRAND® is the magic ingredient in this easy cookie bar recipe.

Servings: Makes 24 to 36 bars
Serving Size: not available
Nutrition: not available
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
1 (14-ounce) can EAGLE BRAND®® Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
2 cups (12 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
1 cup chopped nuts
Instructions
Preheat oven to 350°F (325°F for glass dish). In small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and butter; mix well. Press crumb mixture firmly on bottom of 13X9-inch baking pan.
Pour EAGLE BRAND evenly over crumb mixture. Layer evenly with remaining ingredients; press down firmly with fork.
Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool. Chill if desired. Cut into bars or diamonds. Store covered at room temperature.

Notes: Recipe Variations: Substitute chocolate chips or nuts with: candy coated pieces, dried cranberries, raisins, mini marshmallows or butterscotch chips.
Lots of good and really easy recipes...

http://www.eaglebrand.com/
Jeannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 11:31 AM   #35
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Nutrition:not available
Serving Size: not available.

probably b/c there's none of EITHER!

A few years ago, my friend sent me a recipe card with the recipe for her famous lemon bars (too laborious for me to make, I sadly admit).

Anyway, I'm reading along, and the steps are the usual:

1. sift flour and other dry ingredients
8. grease baking pan
11. bake for X minutes at Y temperature
12. (and I quote) Eat entire goddamned pan while watching ER on television.

That cracked me up. Well, I HAD asked her to tell me EXACTLY how she made them.
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 12:05 PM   #36
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

I have been craving anchovies and ginger snaps all week... NOT AT THE SAME TIME... but I get weird out of the blue desires for things I don't normally eat..eat them for a few days and then it is gone again...This week, I would say I am running more salty than sweet..
Old 10-25-2005, 12:19 PM   #37
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft

I should start a Trader Joe's thread tonight. So many yummy things there.

. )
Yes cream cheese (and bacon too!) can make anything taste better.

start the trader joe's thread, I've recently discovered it and I can find so many things, at decent prices too
Old 10-25-2005, 03:33 PM   #38
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissToodles
Yes cream cheese (and bacon too!) can make anything taste better.

start the trader joe's thread, I've recently discovered it and I can find so many things, at decent prices too
Starting it right now. And btw, BACON is the food of the gods!!