Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > GLBTQ

Old 10-08-2008, 07:39 AM   #1
activistfatgirl
donuts at the finish line

activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default GLBTQ FA Thread

We've had several threads about different variants of the "gay" community recently - one from a man who likes the idea of a fat woman/thin woman combo and another asking where the gay male FAs are.

I thought it would be great if we had a place where Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgendered Questioning/Queer (this is what that long acronym stands for) FAs AND fatties of all stripes could chat about their issues. Obviously there's lots of spaces on the net for this, but fewer places that include discussions of both being queer AND being fat or being queer AND liking fat.

I can start with my first thought, and I suppose why I want to see a level for all thread. I have and want to continue spending time in the Dims community, but it can be hard to be in a space that is very hetero focused. It works for me as I do like boys, but I always feel like a part of me is not exactly closeted, but not really able to roam free if that makes sense. I can and do go to GLBTQ events, but the part of me that's been forever change by the fatty-lovin' world of Dims feels like its missing out of something!

I wonder if I should recruit my favorite gays to come on over.

Also, if this thread isn't supportive of gay men or transfolk, I will cry.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:56 PM   #2
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Supportive supportive supportive!!! I am not GLBTQ but I fully support a presence here as well as discussion. Just want to show my support and stand next to you AFG. I know that members of the community do exist here but this thread was laying here too long unnoticed for my liking.

*bump*

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:02 PM   #3
Weeze
Justin Bieber of Dims

Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

This thread totally wins.
Amazing idea.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:27 PM   #4
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyBBBW View Post
Supportive supportive supportive!!! I am not GLBTQ but I fully support a presence here as well as discussion.
Yah, what Lilly said! I'll totally be reading and commenting if/when it seems appropriate. I think this is a brilliant idea
Old 10-08-2008, 03:33 PM   #5
No-No-Badkitty
Purrrrrrrrr~

No-No-Badkitty is a member of the 500 clubNo-No-Badkitty is a member of the 500 clubNo-No-Badkitty is a member of the 500 clubNo-No-Badkitty is a member of the 500 clubNo-No-Badkitty is a member of the 500 clubNo-No-Badkitty is a member of the 500 club

I'm supportive of the Gay community. I think people should be with whomever makes them happy...gender aside.

:kiss2:The Man I Love :kiss2:
No-No-Badkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 04:12 PM   #6
bexy
is red again <3

bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!

Well thought I would throw it my 2 cents here.

I am a genuine, openly bisexual girl, who has been in relationships with women. In fact I've been with more women than with men.

I am mostly only attracted to fat girls. Always have been. So I guess I'm (half lol) queer and fat and like fat lol.
I also have someone very close to me who is Trans and and an FA.

I've been involved in the Rainbow Project for some time now...instead of me trying to explain what that is here is a link http://www.rainbow-project.org/dev/, and also work at Belfast Pride every year.

Its a topic very close to my heart and I can't wait to see where this thread goes

So yeah, I guess this is the thread for me Thanks AFG

With loves, and hates, and passions just like mine.
bexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 04:27 PM   #7
BigBeautifulMe
That was a heart.

BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.

What a great topic, AFG. I'm like Lilly - I'm boringly straight (well, mostly. lol), but I will always, always support GLBTQ folks. Subscribing.

"I just think your culinary choices could use more death of sentient creatures. Is that so wrong?" - Mini

-Rosebud- I am imagining how lovely it would be to see your golden hair rising up over my belly when you are between my thighs
-Rosebud- Like a cunnilingus sunrise
BigBeautifulMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:35 PM   #8
ashmamma84
Om Namah Shivayah

ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by activistfatgirl View Post
We've had several threads about different variants of the "gay" community recently - one from a man who likes the idea of a fat woman/thin woman combo and another asking where the gay male FAs are.

I thought it would be great if we had a place where Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgendered Questioning/Queer (this is what that long acronym stands for) FAs AND fatties of all stripes could chat about their issues. Obviously there's lots of spaces on the net for this, but fewer places that include discussions of both being queer AND being fat or being queer AND liking fat.

I can start with my first thought, and I suppose why I want to see a level for all thread. I have and want to continue spending time in the Dims community, but it can be hard to be in a space that is very hetero focused. It works for me as I do like boys, but I always feel like a part of me is not exactly closeted, but not really able to roam free if that makes sense. I can and do go to GLBTQ events, but the part of me that's been forever change by the fatty-lovin' world of Dims feels like its missing out of something!

I wonder if I should recruit my favorite gays to come on over.

Also, if this thread isn't supportive of gay men or transfolk, I will cry.
Hooray for this thread!

I pretty much live my life as an open book -- I'm fat, I'm black, I'm gay -- the diversity trifecta! I do think DIMS is hetero centered, but I don't blame that on the site in particular...I just think it's a sort of microcosm of how the rest of the world works.

Through my lens, someone is always going to have a problem with who I am - but I can't live for them. I am making my way in the world, and that's the only thing that matters. Now sure, it would be great if people could be open minded...and strangely enough, I've never had any negativity from people, whether its because I was gay or anything else. I think most times, people are just curious and that's fine with me. I love getting questions and answering them as long as people are respectful.

That said, I'm one half of a lesbian BBW/FFA duo -- my partner likes the thick chicks; I think its the contrast that really does it for her. She loves how soft and warm I am...and just the same, I'm drawn to how tall/athletic she is. I think it's a great balance that we each bring to our lil unit. As far as being involved in the LGBTQ community -- Chicago is a fantastic place to be for us! There are tons of ways for anyone to get involved here. Boystown is only one part of the hub for gays/lesbians/bi/etc...there is even the Center on Halsted which caters to us http://www.centeronhalsted.org/home.cfm and lots of other organizations. In this city, its just a matter of getting out and about and figuring out what speaks to you.

I am also a member of a black lesbian group on the southside -- I don't get to attend meetings regularly since its a trek from the northside where I reside, but its still nice to feel a kindred with other lesbians that look like me.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:38 PM   #9
CleverBomb
On Space Out

CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No-No-Badkitty View Post
I'm supportive of the Gay community. I think people should be with whomever makes them happy...gender aside.
Agreed.
Not enough love in the world as it is...

-Rusty
(Straight, but not narrrow).
CleverBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:41 PM   #10
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

Awesome Idea for a thread...even better as a board. I think it's overdue.
olwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 08:00 PM   #11
activistfatgirl

activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olwen View Post
Awesome Idea for a thread...even better as a board. I think it's overdue.
Yeah, I've been hesitant to trumpet this hope for fear that it would do more harm than good, or because we're such small group here that it would be mostly supporters (though if you build it they will come). Also wasn't sure if others would want it. Good god, I'd be so down. I'm really lusting for ways to connect these worlds of mine.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:11 PM   #12
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

groovy......
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 08:13 PM   #13
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Yeah, I've been hesitant to trumpet this hope for fear that it would do more harm than good, or because we're such small group here that it would be mostly supporters (though if you build it they will come). Also wasn't sure if others would want it. Good god, I'd be so down. I'm really lusting for ways to connect these worlds of mine.
Small or no, clearly, there is a need and there is room for growth. I don't think it would be a bad thing at all.
olwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 08:21 PM   #14
Haunted
Bi-Coastal!!!

Haunted knows EXACTLY what's going onHaunted knows EXACTLY what's going onHaunted knows EXACTLY what's going onHaunted knows EXACTLY what's going onHaunted knows EXACTLY what's going onHaunted knows EXACTLY what's going onHaunted knows EXACTLY what's going on

I'm A Lesbian FA Trapped in this Big Hairy Biker Body !!!

SUPPORT FOR ALL FA's

My Sig is so detrimental to my post!

:wubu::wubu::wubu:www.bigfatlovestory.com :wubu::wubu::wubu:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergirl View Post
this place..its like an onion wrapped in an inigma wrapped in a conundrum wrapped in a mumu!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergirl View Post
Oh the life of an Fa.. its like a rollercoaster on a bouncy castle in a haunted mansion sometimes!
Haunted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 08:23 PM   #15
Fascinita
Jeez, we're blessed!

Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.

So what should we talk about?

Great thread, by the way, AFG.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:37 PM   #16
activistfatgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fascinita View Post
So what should we talk about?

Great thread, by the way, AFG.
I don't know, I'm nervous now. I'm not good at playing host, so someone else has to figure that out. I can call the meeting, but I ain't facilitating.

I'm way down with talking about finding and using strap ons while bbw or super size, but maybe we should ease our feet in a bit?

How about how fat-embodied folks deal with finding queer partners? Where do you meet people? Do people care about the fat? Like it? Are you invisible like a fat person often is, or is it easier? Do you find people that like fat like FAs in the traditional sense that we have on dims for the het relationships?

Ok, that's a lot.

GO!
Old 10-08-2008, 09:08 PM   #17
bexy
is red again <3

bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!

I can remember someone in a club once asking me if I was gay...I replied that I was Bi.
He said "I knew it, all dykes are fat.."

So that was a nice attitude to be met with.
Not the first time its happened though

Although, according to a this report from the American Journal of Public Health, he may be right (yeah right lol)

Quote:
LESBIANS are twice as likely as heterosexual women to be overweight or obese, which puts them at greater risk for obesity-related health problems and death, US researchers said.

The report, published in the American Journal of Public Health, is one of the first large studies to look at obesity among lesbians.

Ulrike Boehmer of the Boston University School of Public Health and colleagues looked at a 2002 national survey of almost 6000 women, and found that lesbians were 2.69 times more likely to be overweight and 2.47 times more likely to be obese.

“Lesbians have more than twice the odds of (being) overweight,” the authors wrote.

This would put them at a higher risk for diabetes and heart disease, among other ailments.

“Our findings indicate that lesbian sexual identity is linked to a greater prevalence of overweight and obesity,” the authors wrote in the study, released this week.

They reviewed smaller studies that have suggested a higher prevalence of obesity among lesbians and the possible reasons why.

“The results of these studies indicate that lesbian women have a better body image than do heterosexual women,” they wrote.

But the authors said they placed little confidence in the idea that lesbians were more muscular than straight women, and thus were more likely to have a high body mass index, or BMI, while having little body fat.

High muscle mass is “unlikely to lead to classification as obese,” the researchers said.

“We reported greater odds of both overweight and obesity in lesbians and we feel confident in asserting that these differences are a result of increased adiposity,” the researchers wrote.
Source : http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...012769,00.html

Ooooh, also, I just found this cool site http://www.nolose.org/

Last edited by bexy; 10-08-2008 at 09:09 PM. Reason: added stuff.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:53 AM   #18
Shosh
Susannah

Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My 10 year old twin nephews have two fathers now, as my sister's ex husband now has a male partner who he has had a commitment ceremony with.

Subscribed.
Shosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 07:30 AM   #19
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I don't really know what to call myself. I suppose bisexual would be the best term..although I truly believe sexuality is more complicated and fluid, and can't be described in a single word or phrase. At times in my life, I lean more strongly towards either girls or guys, but overall, I feel myself attracted to both.

I've messed around with girls & guys, but I've only dated guys, although I have pursued a relationship with more than one girl, but nothing ever came of any of it.

I'm not out to everyone in my life, only a few close friends but I am very openly supportive and passionate about gay rights, and everyone is quite aware of that. I wish I could be more out, but, I just haven't gotten to that point in my life yet.

I've been involved in the past quite a big with my high school's gay-straight alliance [helping to first get the club approved, then becoming vice president & then president.] I have also been pretty active in a local gay alliance in my city and GLSEN, helping to organize the Day of Silence and other events.

I'm totally excited for this thread! <3.
thatgirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 08:15 AM   #20
mouse

mouse has said some nice things

Finally!

Gay FA.
Lovin' the rhymes.
Female, btw.

Bexi, there are more overweight lesbians in my community, but what a rude way to be greeted by him. Gah!

Last edited by mouse; 10-09-2008 at 08:26 AM. Reason: clarity!
mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 08:18 AM   #21
bexy
is red again &lt;3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouse View Post
Finally!

Gay FA.
Lovin' the rhymes.
Female, btw.

Bexi, there are more overweight lesbians in my community, but what a rude way to be greeted. Gah!
You mean the guy in the club? Or something I wrote

Old 10-09-2008, 08:25 AM   #22
mouse

mouse has said some nice things

oh definitely the guy in the club.

sorry if that came out wrong i'm in a bit of a rush on the way out!
mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 08:42 AM   #23
bexy
is red again &lt;3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouse View Post
oh definitely the guy in the club.

sorry if that came out wrong i'm in a bit of a rush on the way out!
ooh phew!! thought I had offended lol!! Yeah, he was a prick alright...

Old 10-09-2008, 08:54 AM   #24
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
I don't know, I'm nervous now. I'm not good at playing host, so someone else has to figure that out. I can call the meeting, but I ain't facilitating.

I'm way down with talking about finding and using strap ons while bbw or super size, but maybe we should ease our feet in a bit?

How about how fat-embodied folks deal with finding queer partners? Where do you meet people? Do people care about the fat? Like it? Are you invisible like a fat person often is, or is it easier? Do you find people that like fat like FAs in the traditional sense that we have on dims for the het relationships?

Ok, that's a lot.

GO!
oh whooat!? weird.. actually (jumps waaaay in at deep end).. I said to my GF the other day that i would find out about plus size strap ons. Some might find it strange cause i have been "activly" queer lol for half my life and never used a strap on!!?? whats with me?? Anyway, recently this is something me n my gf have wanted to buy. I have a friend in the U.S who knows a guy who makes fatty-strappy onners but i was wondering if there was anything in the uk?! i ment to PM bexylicious (cause she said she works in a sex shop) but now we have this Fab Gay post (*cough* Forum would be better btw! lol) i thought i would ask here..
A size 28ish would be great! And not the crappy rubber ones that snap (never used one but wore my friends to a dinner party once) the nice harnessy leather ones.
cheers

cockless mer xx
mergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 08:56 AM   #25
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bexylicious View Post
I can remember someone in a club once asking me if I was gay...I replied that I was Bi.
He said "I knew it, all dykes are fat.."

So that was a nice attitude to be met with.
Not the first time its happened though

Although, according to a this report from the American Journal of Public Health, he may be right (yeah right lol)

Source : http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...012769,00.html

Ooooh, also, I just found this cool site http://www.nolose.org/
weird! i was just talking about that today.. i think somewhere here!?
mergirl is offline   Reply With Quote