Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board > Weight Gain

Old 08-31-2008, 10:53 PM   #26
Observer
Editor/Writer/Commentator

Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

A community is generally considered to be an entity too small to be a state or nation and usually a subset of one of those two. All nations, states, and communities are defined as such by having four elements, or so we were taught in college:

1) Territory
2) Population
3) Laws
4) Rulers

Beyond this basic framework there can be a variety of activities, interests, etc. This is reflected by the diversity of forums and topics.

We have territory (this website), registered members, laws and rulers. We are, therefore, a community, Feederism to me seems like an activity which is present but very selectively engaged in by members of this community.
Observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 11:54 PM   #27
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!

(All personal opinions)

Yes. I think feederism is it's own separate entity that sometimes walks with the other movements. It's complex though.

Firstly: It depends on how you define it first. There's the "Food and other activities as aphrodisiacs," and there's "The practice of activities to incite weight gain of a partner of xyz amount."

(The second thing in quotes )

In this case, I would consider them separate. The concept behind the two don't counter each other, but they're different. A feeder I once spoke to used the analogy of a group dedicated to women with large breasts, and them getting bigger. My response was that the group is going to have members that like big breasts without any interest in them getting bigger, as well as others that like the idea, advocate it, and even practice it. Both communties and terms are way too broad for one to be a subset or concept behind another.

So to me in that case there would be four people: One that has no interest (Like me*), one that has interest in their mind but not enough to take direct action (i.e. an FA/FFA that enjoys gaining, but doesn't advocate/incite it), one that advocates the idea, and one that will/wants to take action. I consider the first two types something that can be grouped, and the other two their own group.

(The first quote)
I think it depends on what degree it goes. I think if the goal isn't the gain in the case of those activities such as actual feeding, that has no barring on what it belongs to. Enjoyment out of the gain if it comes might belong to fat admiration, but that would be just like the second person I talked about above: It doesn't matter if there's no action or advocation.

As for Size/Fat Acceptance? It's a really though issue now. The majority of reactions i've seen are negative at just the use of the term. Most consider them polar opposites. One has a pattern, and another does not if you will.

I kind of flip flop with it. It's mutual so many times more than it isn't (And I tell that to so many people that don't fucking understand..even on sites that supposedly support fat admiration... ), and most of the time when I speak about it in that way, I'm using my first quote where the gain isn't the direct goal, but it might be admired if it happens. In this case, my response would be like the first quote: It isn't about numbers or how you appear. Body acceptance (And that's if you don't separate rights activism from body acceptance) is present. The two in that case don't counter each other.

The other one? I really don't know. If "I love my body, but I want to lose xyz" counters Fat/Size Acceptance por ejemple, then why wouldn't the opposite be true? Size shouldn't be a factor in that at all. It would be about actions taken, and feederism to me here would be something along the lines of a "Mutual/personal Reason" for someone to want to change. But to counter that: It's sexual, so again: I don't knowwwww.....

But either way, it's personal choice. If personal choices don't conflict with movements minus some exceptions in your eyes, then do whatever the piss you want. They can coincide.

(When feederism is mutual, I do not care whether it belongs/can coincide with any movement. It's not my thing, but regardless of this conversation and others, it's fine as its own concept. Just didn't want anyone to get the impression that I hate it or something. I'm just big on the other two.)

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal
Jon Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 02:31 PM   #28
missy_blue_eyez

missy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Awwww my Mr Blaze! You are a well spoken clever boy hehe

All I can say is I do think that their should definately be a community dedicated solely to feederism. So many times on these boards (and yes I myself am guilty of it) feeders and feedee's have been kind of looked down upon, frowned upon, all just for having a personal choice in what they get their kicks from.

I think we forget sometimes that the majority of us use Dimensions as a place to kick back from all the people on the outside of it whom look down on or frown upon us just for chosing or just being the size/sizes/or having a preference to a size that we are/have/do. Now if we relate this back to feederism then, we should in a sense look at it with some kind of empathy, as id say 90% of this community could definately understand what its like to be outcast due to a preference.

Yes the Fat community is inevitabley going to encourage the presence of feeders/feedee's as like Mr Blaze said, the 2 concepts in a sense do overlap but so many people on here get dubious (myself included) about the prospect of being linked to such a concept like feederism. Again, not every FA is a feeder, not every BBW/SSBBW is a feedee, the two just dont go as hand in hand as many would like to assume, for better or for worse.

Granted the paysite boards are going to be a hotspot for feeder/feedee traffic due to their nature and the antics of which some of the models use to corner a niche market (for obvious reasons) but all in all apart from that I do think Dimensions is a bit of a risque' domain for feeders/feedee's.

I have used Fantasy Feeder but didnt participate within that community long due to the fact that it is prodominantly a feeder/feedee community, there are people whom use it not for those reasons but, they are greatly out-numbered.

Im not trying to say Dimensions is an un-welcoming place at all, just that, a preference such as feederism I feel deserves to have the same kind of haven that we have here at Dimensions.

Anyway, thats just my 2 cents!
Old 09-01-2008, 02:38 PM   #29
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by missy_blue_eyez View Post
Awwww my Mr Blaze! You are a well spoken clever boy hehe

All I can say is I do think that their should definately be a community dedicated solely to feederism. So many times on these boards (and yes I myself am guilty of it) feeders and feedee's have been kind of looked down upon, frowned upon, all just for having a personal choice in what they get their kicks from.

I think we forget sometimes that the majority of us use Dimensions as a place to kick back from all the people on the outside of it whom look down on or frown upon us just for chosing or just being the size/sizes/or having a preference to a size that we are/have/do. Now if we relate this back to feederism then, we should in a sense look at it with some kind of empathy, as id say 90% of this community could definately understand what its like to be outcast due to a preference.

Yes the Fat community is inevitabley going to encourage the presence of feeders/feedee's as like Mr Blaze said, the 2 concepts in a sense do overlap but so many people on here get dubious (myself included) about the prospect of being linked to such a concept like feederism. Again, not every FA is a feeder, not every BBW/SSBBW is a feedee, the two just dont go as hand in hand as many would like to assume, for better or for worse.

Granted the paysite boards are going to be a hotspot for feeder/feedee traffic due to their nature and the antics of which some of the models use to corner a niche market (for obvious reasons) but all in all apart from that I do think Dimensions is a bit of a risque' domain for feeders/feedee's.

I have used Fantasy Feeder but didnt participate within that community long due to the fact that it is prodominantly a feeder/feedee community, there are people whom use it not for those reasons but, they are greatly out-numbered.

Im not trying to say Dimensions is an un-welcoming place at all, just that, a preference such as feederism I feel deserves to have the same kind of haven that we have here at Dimensions.

Anyway, thats just my 2 cents!
You don't want to go to Fantasy Feeder if you're on the bubble so to speak of the concept of feederism. A lot of those guys are downright rude, socially inept and downright creepy.....I would know.

Dimensions is so much better because a lot of people around here are much more socially acceptable, which sends the message that not all feeders are creeps.

I don't speak for everyone obviously, but for the most part we good ones don't bite....after all, we encourage others to take the bites lol
Old 09-09-2008, 05:02 PM   #30
Gomai

Gomai has said some nice things

I've talked with a fair number of people in the local fetish/alternative lifestyle group out here, but feeder/feedee interests aren't exactly common. I've actually become good friends with someone who's into the voluntary anorexia lifestyle. Not something I personally like, but we've actually got a lot in common due to the shared interests in how someone's body can change.

The problem really is that while almost all the people I've spoken to about wg issues are more then willing to listen, its simply not a "common" kink or fetish. I say common, in regards to things like bondage, spanking, or other relatively common kinks within the fetish community. Ah well, at least its a far more accepting group then many might be.
Gomai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 06:35 PM   #31
chocolatebluesdiva
Diva/Member/Student

chocolatebluesdiva can now change their title
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHayes666 View Post
A lot of those guys are downright rude, socially inept and downright creepy.....I would know.
I don't think you're a creep Kevin! (or socially inept or rude for that matter).
:kiss2:"According to a new survey, women say they feel more comfortable undressing in front of men than they do undressing in front of other women. They say that women are too judgmental, where, of course, men are just grateful.
Robert De Niro :p
chocolatebluesdiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 06:46 PM   #32
exile in thighville
groups/347570880589/

exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Blaze View Post
If "I love my body, but I want to lose xyz" counters Fat/Size Acceptance por ejemple, then why wouldn't the opposite be true? Size shouldn't be a factor in that at all. It would be about actions taken, and feederism to me here would be something along the lines of a "Mutual/personal Reason" for someone to want to change. But to counter that: It's sexual, so again: I don't knowwwww.....
JONNY BLAZE!

Great thread, great arguments, and just to snip this piece here and turn it a little, I'd like to point out that the wg community's need for weightgain is removed from society, whereas the weightloss community is concerned primarily with not being outcasted socially and feels dependent on their looks for happiness or success.

Weightgain is a byproduct of sexual motivation...I don't think even the most hardcore of feedees here will get depressed at the thought of staying their size and not being able to gain the way someone outside of the fat community fears not being able to lose. One is the intrinsic desire to fit into the echelon of conventional attractiveness as a means to success, and the other is to reach orgasm.
exile in thighville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:43 AM   #33
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolatebluesdiva View Post
I don't think you're a creep Kevin! (or socially inept or rude for that matter).
I wasn't saying I personally was a creep, I'm saying I've been to those sites and chatrooms and saw all the creeps that were there.

I guess that's really a blessing in disguise. If a really cute girl walks/waddles into the chatroom then its up to the good guys to prove themselves worthy of her time and not look like the other 7 guys that run up to her and say "how much do you weigh"
Old 09-10-2008, 09:49 AM   #34
BothGunsBlazing
Back...ish

BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!

Oh okay! Can some one do me a favor and please explain to me what the perimeters for being socially inept are? Because if certain people don't consider themselves or aren't considered socially retarded .. well .. frankly ..

My mind has just been blown
BothGunsBlazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:56 AM   #35
KHayes666
Go away

Quote:
Originally Posted by BothGunsBlazing View Post
Oh okay! Can some one do me a favor and please explain to me what the perimeters for being socially inept are? Because if certain people don't consider themselves or aren't considered socially retarded .. well .. frankly ..

My mind has just been blown
Do you walk into a chatroom and say to the first girl you see "Hi, nice to meet you, what's your name?" or do you say "How much do you weigh?"

If someone in a forum or a chatroom says "I'm new here" do you come out in the open and say "Nice to meet you, hope you like it here." or do you PM her and say "I want to feed you"

If you want to PM someone who's really shy do you say "Hi, my name is (insert here) and I'd like to chat" do you say "Hi, i really want you, i want to feed you, i want to keep you as a fat little piggy"

There are a lot of factors in determining socially ineptness, but I'm way too lazy to go on plus the gist of it is right there.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:16 PM   #36
lysh
learn me something

lysh can now change their title
Default Thank you

Thank you all for sharing these ideas on "community". If there are any more ideas/comments that'd be great too. I find it all very interesting.

Thanks again!
Lysh
lysh is offline   Reply With Quote