Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 09-09-2008, 02:37 PM   #51
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyGal View Post
I just found Dims yesterday (thanks to a great book I was reading - this site was listed as a reference) and I already feel better about myself. Knowing that I'm not alone as a BHM/FFA and being a BBW. It's great and I have been enjoying reading the many posts.
Just curious, what book was that?

And by the way, welcome
Old 09-09-2008, 07:38 PM   #52
IndyGal
more pasta, please

IndyGal can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesIndyGal can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by edx View Post
Just curious, what book was that?

And by the way, welcome
It was "Fat Chicks Rule!" by Lara Frater. It's a very good book - and a quick read for being nonfiction.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IndyGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 11:45 PM   #53
Morbid

Morbid can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMorbid can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMorbid can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default just a thought

well i was reading everyones answers and stuff and I have come to realize what Dimchat, forums and the bhm/ffa section means to me... at first i didnt like myself.. my size or anything but I have come to learn to like myself.. Hell i've even posted pics I thought I wouldnt ever post...

Im just glad there are women who like big guys... cause everyone needs to find love or just that special someone to just touch the heart and soul of a person...

Thank you ladies for letting me and my fellow big men know we are sexy and can be loved...

later,

Morbid
"Fat" is not a four-letter word. It is an adjective, like short, tall, thin, or blonde. While society has given it a derogatory meaning, we find that identifying ourselves as "fat" is an important step in casting off the shame we have been taught to feel about our bodies. * www.naafa.org * :D
Morbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 08:27 PM   #54
iheartsquishys

iheartsquishys can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesiheartsquishys can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

First, Squid and theguy, hilarious answers. Both made me laugh out loud.

For me, it means a place to express myself without the usual 20 minutes of explanation and mis belief. If I "see" a hot guy on here and give him a compliment he just thanks me. If I tell one of the other FFA's on here that I think so and so is cute, she agrees and says "yea, his belly is amazing." and not: "What the hell? He's fat!"

It is a place for me to find images and representations of my world. If I want to see a picture of a cute guy (probably how I found the boards in the first place ) and make up a little story in my head of us cuddling on the couch I can find that picture here. If I want to read a nice romantic story about can find it here. If I want to see a cute comic about a woman tripping over herself while staring at a guy, RV always has one. Not that I can't find that somewhere else but the boys look all wrong in mainstream media etc. The books describe feeling his hard chest instead of his moobs and the comics would have some icky abs instead of a big round belly.

I like the guys' perspective too. I'm not the most socially coordinated person so being able to talk about my awkward interactions with hotties and get feedback is great. It makes me more confident when I do approach guys. Or at least some comfort in knowing other girls get nervous around the fatties.
iheartsquishys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:08 PM   #55
Molly

Molly has said some nice things

Dims has meant that I can express what I love about men freely. I know I am not alone. I LOVE reading in the library (because honestly, where do girls like us get to read romantic stories that relate to men we actually adore?)
And the library gives me a place to be creative, even if I am really amateur.

*Hands up if Dims Library has ever made you hot!* (Just finished reading some of Undine's "In Her Chair" btw... So Hot!)

Its awesome here.

Dimensions has even helped me admit to my partner what I really like. And that is huge for me. It's nice to know you guys and gals exist.
Molly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 10:38 AM   #56
viracocha
Hot like sauce

viracocha does more than just post hot picsviracocha does more than just post hot picsviracocha does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Hands up if Dims Library has ever made you hot!* (Just finished reading some of Undine's "In Her Chair" btw... So Hot!)
So true, Molly. So true...

Dims is a terrific network of admirers and admirees alike that is unlike any other. It is an interactive and personal support for acceptance-- whether for your own body, another's body, or sexual preferences. This is the platform for discourse about size acceptance and tolerance. ;P
viracocha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:20 AM   #57
Masu

Masu has said some nice things

Sorry my bad english, but i have to try say these things and they are very difficult to make to words, but..

Dimension means to me, that i can enjoy my FFA-side. Well, i enjoy it because of my boyfriend too, but this forum makes me feel normal. Absolutely normal.

I dont know, what to else say.

Hmm.. My boyfriend is making wonderful meal now.. I just can`t wait !
Masu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 12:09 PM   #58
kinkykitten
FFA-Property of Von_Pudge

kinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging in

Not been here long, but really loving it so far

Obviously my love for bigger men brings me here and being a FFA and Feeder, but also it's a place where i don't feel in such a minority or my preferences are frowned upon.

I also believe in giving credit where it is due and making the not so confident guys amongst us feel more comfortable with what they have and that there are women out there that find them desirable!
kinkykitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 01:23 AM   #59
orinoco
the porcine peter pan

orinoco can now change their title

it means somewhere for me to be an exhibitionist without ppl going "ewwwww"

oh and it breaks up the boring monotony of existence

ooo ooo plus there r gorgeous ladies with smarts too
Old 10-27-2008, 02:59 AM   #60
FaxMachine1234
you know it

FaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I like Dims because it's a great understanding community, and as for this board...y'know, I don't know why I don't post on this board more often. I think I just thrive on survey-based threads, and they aren't many here. Still, I like that this place is around.
FaxMachine1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 02:46 PM   #61
Cane

Cane has said some nice things

I'm not really sure what Dims really means to me. Despite being a BHM I still feel kind of out of place here and find it difficult to make any friends in the FA community. **shrug**
Old 10-31-2008, 05:45 PM   #62
BLUEeyedBanshee
Ministry of Truth

BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cane View Post
I'm not really sure what Dims really means to me. Despite being a BHM I still feel kind of out of place here and find it difficult to make any friends in the FA community. **shrug**
Stick around, post on the boards and get to know the folks around here. Most won't bite...well unless you ask nicely.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:52 AM   #63
ezra1129

ezra1129 has said some nice things

I just like finding out that there is at least one place where a straight BHM may find a place where women may find us attractive.
ezra1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 07:40 PM   #64
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I wish it meant more, but I find it disappointing.

I feel marginalized because i'm a BBW that is attracted to BHM and it never feels like that's a cool flavour anywhere on this site, even here.

I was really hoping that it would be at least in this area of the board, but it's not and it never has been.
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 07:50 PM   #65
William
On Timeout

William makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging in

Hi Surly

Lots of BHM here have expressed attraction and/or a fellowship with BBWs to the point where skinnier FFAs have sometimes felt left out.

William

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surlysomething View Post
I wish it meant more, but I find it disappointing.

I feel marginalized because i'm a BBW that is attracted to BHM and it never feels like that's a cool flavour anywhere on this site, even here.

I was really hoping that it would be at least in this area of the board, but it's not and it never has been.
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 07:51 PM   #66
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
Hi Surly

Lots of BHM here have expressed attraction and/or a fellowship with BBWs to the point where skinnier FFAs have sometimes felt left out.

William

Haha. Really, William? I don't see it.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:54 PM   #67
William
On Timeout

William makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging in

Well lately we are in a phase, but it was the strong BBW presence that attracted me here in the first place and some of the ladies are still here. I guess it is all cyclical.

William

Quote:
Haha. Really, William? I don't see it.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:59 PM   #68
Surlysomething

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
Well lately we are in a phase, but it was the strong BBW presence that attracted me here in the first place and some of the ladies are still here. I guess it is all cyclical.

William

Could be. I still find it disappointing that I feel out of place.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:07 PM   #69
William
On Timeout

You are right

I looked back through the older pages and there aren't many BBWs around here. I think that the old old pages got lost when the Sever crashed.

William

Quote:
Could be. I still find it disappointing that I feel out of place.
Old 11-11-2008, 01:27 PM   #70
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I also think that maybe a lot of other FA/BHM and FA/BBW have, like Surly, just kind of given up waving that flag. I can think of a few factors:

- Obviously, it always seems that most members of the other gender don't match up, and any minority can find itself lost amongst louder voices. This was part of what led to the creation of the BHM/FFA board, and over the yeras it really has helped to grow this community, bit by bit.

- Fat FA know well how it feels to be snubbed, so I think maybe are a little more likely to try to be considerate of people who are not their own cup of tea.

- Fat FA are apt to be pulled towards more than one board: one board where people tend to admire those of their size, and another where people the size they admire hang out. Which reduces their presence at any one place, maybe making them seem even less present.

- You know all those stereotypes about fat people dating fat people? Maybe sometimes, away from the computer, that leads fat FA to have a little easier time finding a partner, compared say with a fat person who is only interested in a thin partner? (I'm purely speculating on this one).

- Sometimes I think what is key is hitting some critical mass. Look at how the bashes around New Jersey and Boston have just exploded in popularity, judging from the postings here. I think when there are not many people in your area, sharing your preference, or whatever, it tends to be discouraging and people are less inclined to really put themselves out there, because it feels like 'what is the point?' I don't think we have ever demonstrated that Dimensions has a critical mass of fat FA....it might be there, but the reasons above have kept it from being obvious.

Just my quick thoughts.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:13 AM   #71
viracocha
Hot like sauce

viracocha does more than just post hot picsviracocha does more than just post hot picsviracocha does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by edx View Post
- Obviously, it always seems that most members of the other gender don't match up, and any minority can find itself lost amongst louder voices. This was part of what led to the creation of the BHM/FFA board, and over the yeras it really has helped to grow this community, bit by bit.

- Fat FA know well how it feels to be snubbed, so I think maybe are a little more likely to try to be considerate of people who are not their own cup of tea.

- Fat FA are apt to be pulled towards more than one board: one board where people tend to admire those of their size, and another where people the size they admire hang out. Which reduces their presence at any one place, maybe making them seem even less present.

- You know all those stereotypes about fat people dating fat people? Maybe sometimes, away from the computer, that leads fat FA to have a little easier time finding a partner, compared say with a fat person who is only interested in a thin partner? (I'm purely speculating on this one).

- Sometimes I think what is key is hitting some critical mass. Look at how the bashes around New Jersey and Boston have just exploded in popularity, judging from the postings here. I think when there are not many people in your area, sharing your preference, or whatever, it tends to be discouraging and people are less inclined to really put themselves out there, because it feels like 'what is the point?' I don't think we have ever demonstrated that Dimensions has a critical mass of fat FA....it might be there, but the reasons above have kept it from being obvious.

Just my quick thoughts.
I think you nailed it, Ed. While Dims certainly has a emotional magnitude for each person here, it's most effective as a framework for grassroots membership. Dims is something of a rallying point around which all parties can participate, albeit on different levels with differing ideas of activism. By having many members that belong in many categories, I think we tend to split and exclude rather than gather. But given enough people, similarities within subgroups can inspire realization of the similarities between subgroups.

The challenge seems to be getting past the "what's the point?" threshold and reaching critical mass (great pun, mass and Dims... )

However, I see Dims occuring at broad spatial scales, so why are the most active groups on Dims all geographically clustered? I'd venture that it's through physical application of similar socialization that Dims offers, but only on a community level. Being around other Dimmers provides the opportunity not only to speak out on behalf of everyone here, but to bring that to family, friends, and the world. It's putting a face on a cause.

Anyway, my digression is based in what Dims means to me and why it's important, so I hope maybe a few more people will try to expand the reach of Dims. Sorry if I'm getting too excited, but I really want to incorporate some of these behaviors in my area and I'm kind of a GIS geek... Wee!

Oh yeah, I also agree w/Ed on the likelihood of fat FAs more often finding partners than others with one seeking a preferred, mandatory body type. I think it seems a little bit ironic that Dims is about size acceptance (granted I understand that sometimes preference can be fairly absolute in sex) and there are limits in the definitions of preferences. But if you enlarge the group for potential partners, statistically speaking you should have a better chance of nabbing one. Thanks for putting up with my long-winded spiels!

--Katy
viracocha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 07:24 PM   #72
nickoftyme

nickoftyme has said some nice things
Default chat

i just wish more FFA would use the chatroom... and worship me too

http://www.myspace.com/burkehaha
Old 02-24-2009, 09:09 AM   #73
berlin-girl

berlin-girl has said some nice things
Thumbs up "new" reply to an old topic ;o)

well... on one hand this board doesnt seem to do much for me (or vice versa ) - im not THAT much of an internet-person, never ever visited a chatroom e.g., too shy to write personal messages to people just because they share my sexual interests. AND im from that little country farfaraway of most of the guys & gals round here, so that actually MEETING anybody "off the board" is quite unlikely. not to mention my BIG beautiful boyfriend, because of whom i gotta refrain from any encounter with the slightest erotical background .

on the other hand, especially on days like this (when my boyfriend is working 150 miles away, and everything sucks so much that i cant go to work myself etc pp) DIMs is one, if not THE thing that keeps me alive!
sounds quite dramatic, naja, but to put it in plain words: sex is one major force that pulls me through live. and my sex is -whatasurprise- centered around well-build BHM. i find a lot of them here -> THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! youre awesome!

though im mostly into stories (STORIES, STORIES! give me something to read!!!! [ow, what an oral fixation ;] ), i like the "real live" touch this board provides.

thanxxxx again, keep on rockin! b.g.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:02 AM   #74
Smite
Here Comes Your Man

Smite has super-sized repSmite has super-sized repSmite has super-sized repSmite has super-sized rep

Dim's is my new home, again, I think that makes sense. :O
Old 03-01-2009, 06:31 AM   #75
William
On Timeout

Thumbs up

Hi

I see Dims as a Fat Friendly place and the BHM/FFA as a special place where Fat Men, FFA & FFFA (FFFA= Fat Female Fat Admirer) can all feel comfortable.

Historically this has included FFA who were not necessarily looking for Fat Men. I look back at the start of this board and I am proud that BBW were treated as part of the community from the very start as were Skinny FFA.

William