Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Lounge

Old 03-12-2010, 01:45 PM   #1
Scorsese86
Likeable conservative

Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Your favorite movies from your year of birth

With the Oscars fresh in mind, and me being a movie buff, I was just wondering what everyone's favorite movie is... with a twist. What's your favorite movie from your year of birth? Or movies?

You can choose just one... oh, no, that's too difficult, right? I've decided to go for three, but it's up to you. Try limit yourself, but please, post some of the favorite movies that came out the same year as you yourself... erm, came out.

I was born in 1986, and I've decided to go for my three personal favorites from that year:

1) Platoon
A very powerful war drama about the war in Vietnam and the loss of innocence. Charlie Sheen has never been better, and Willem Dafoe and Tom Beregner are perfect as the two fathers fighting for the right of his soul.

2) Blue Velvet
David Lynch is quite the filmmaker. This suburb nightmare is yet another original from him, with a blue-eyed Kyle MacLachlan being mixed into a dark, strange world he can't understand. Dennis Hopper steals the show as one of the craziest movie villains of all time.

3) Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Every boy's dream! One day away from school, no rules (except those you make for yourself), just fun, fun, fun. Jeffrey Jones is such a creepy guy in this movie, (and it seems not all was acting), and mr. Broderick has never been more inspiring nor charming. Also, Jennifer Grey was HOT!
Old 03-12-2010, 02:20 PM   #2
MattB

MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!

Pretty easy for me...1974- The Godfather Part II!

Although...honourable mentions would have to go to The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and Benji!
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 02:57 PM   #3
Micara
Living and Learning

Micara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Micara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Micara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Micara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Micara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Micara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Micara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Micara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Micara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Micara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Micara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Ha, I don't know exactly what this says about me (other than I'm old) but one of my all-time favorite movies is from 1981- Body Heat. Love this movie so much. Actually, I think I'm going to go watch it again...

Also rounding out my top 3 would be The Evil Dead

and An American Werewolf in London

What can I say? I love my horror movies!
Old 03-12-2010, 03:00 PM   #4
Micara
Living and Learning

Micara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Micara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Micara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Micara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Micara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Micara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Micara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Micara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Micara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Micara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Micara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorsese86 View Post

3) Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Every boy's dream! One day away from school, no rules (except those you make for yourself), just fun, fun, fun. Jeffrey Jones is such a creepy guy in this movie, (and it seems not all was acting), and mr. Broderick has never been more inspiring nor charming. Also, Jennifer Grey was HOT!
Love Ferris Bueller's Day Off! Every time I go to the Art Institute, I always re-enact this scene.
Old 03-12-2010, 03:13 PM   #5
Scorsese86
Likeable conservative

Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micara View Post
Ha, I don't know exactly what this says about me (other than I'm old) but one of my all-time favorite movies is from 1981- Body Heat. Love this movie so much. Actually, I think I'm going to go watch it again...

Body Heat: where the brilliant Mickey Rourke for the first time get the chance to steal every scene he's in
Old 03-12-2010, 06:45 PM   #6
Aust99

Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!

OMG..... loved Sixteen candles, The Karate Kid, Ghost busters, Revenge of the Nerds and The Terminator.... 1984 represent!
Aust99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 06:49 PM   #7
Adamantoise
Adamantine Tortoise

Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aust99 View Post
OMG..... loved Sixteen candles, The Karate Kid, Ghost busters, Revenge of the Nerds and The Terminator.... 1984 represent!
I hear you there-The Terminator is such a cool film,even today. Arnold was this whole different kind of fear-an (almost) unstoppable killing machine.
Adamantoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 06:52 PM   #8
deanbpm

deanbpm carries a lot of weight on this boarddeanbpm carries a lot of weight on this boarddeanbpm carries a lot of weight on this boarddeanbpm carries a lot of weight on this boarddeanbpm carries a lot of weight on this boarddeanbpm carries a lot of weight on this board

I was born in 1983 so I would have to say...

deanbpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 07:39 PM   #9
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default 1968....I smell children.......

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

Keep your hands off of me you damn dirty ape.....

We all live in a.....

Hello Dave....

Great thread idea *thumbs up*

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 08:01 PM   #10
cinnamitch
nope

cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!

Well hell representing the geriatric set- 1962 Top Films

Yeah yeah I'm old, move along , nothing to see here
cinnamitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 08:02 PM   #11
Shosh
Susannah

Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.

"Love Story" with Ali McGraw and Ryan O' Neal. I was born in 1970.
Shosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 08:05 PM   #12
Shosh
Susannah

Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Love story.jpg

I especially love the score to the movie. A really beautiful musical peice.
Shosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 08:06 PM   #13
pdgujer148
Breakfast Messiah

pdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Two personal favorites from 1969:

pdgujer148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 08:32 PM   #14
JMCGB

JMCGB is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJMCGB is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJMCGB is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJMCGB is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJMCGB is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJMCGB is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJMCGB is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJMCGB is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJMCGB is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJMCGB is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJMCGB is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Some of my faves from 1977!

JMCGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 08:46 PM   #15
littlefairywren
Chi Chi

littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!

1968 was a very good year....Franco Zeffirelli's Romeo and Juliet would be my fav.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled-2 copy.jpg (84.5 KB, 157 views)
Old 03-12-2010, 08:58 PM   #16
DeniseW
Fat don't crack!!

DeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions community

That's in my top 5 list, might even be my favorite of all time, I could watch it over and over again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shosh View Post
"Love Story" with Ali McGraw and Ryan O' Neal. I was born in 1970.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:00 PM   #17
DeniseW
Fat don't crack!!

DeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I dont' think they made movies back when I was born....

ok, the year is 1959(I'm old as hell)

1) A Nun's Story
2) Some Like It Hot
3) It's a tie for 3rd place between "Imitaion of Life" and Gidget....lol
Old 03-12-2010, 09:54 PM   #18
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!

Good Morning Vietnam
Lethal Weapon
Full Metal Jacket
La Bamba
RoboCop
1987? Not bad.

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal
Jon Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 10:03 PM   #19
bmann0413
PLAYER ONE READY! START!

bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!

1989:

Back to the Future Part II
Batman
Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
Ghostbusters II
Honey, I Shrunk the Kids
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Kiki's Delivery Service
Look Who's Talking
Old 03-12-2010, 11:57 PM   #20
1300 Class
Pam Poovey's Stunt Double

1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

'86 was a good year.
1300 Class is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 12:03 AM   #21
LovelyLiz

LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCGB View Post
Some of my faves from 1977!
Hey, I'm also 1977! Good year.

I'm going to go with...

Last edited by LovelyLiz; 05-10-2011 at 01:16 PM.
LovelyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 08:13 AM   #22
Blackjack
Fupa Troopa

Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Blaze View Post
Good Morning Vietnam
Lethal Weapon
Full Metal Jacket
La Bamba
RoboCop
1987? Not bad.
All these, but you forgot Predator and The Princess Bride.
Old 03-13-2010, 08:29 AM   #23
spiritangel
AmandaClause

spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!

have to say mame or Herbie rides again out of the list for 1974
spiritangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 04:11 PM   #24
Still a Skye fan
Normalcy is overrated

Still a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging in

What a neat topic idea!

I was born in 1966 and my favorite movie for that year has to be:

BILLY THE KID VS DRACULA!

Hahhaha! Just kidding, although I have seen this doozie of a bad movie.

My birth year saw:

OUR MAN FLINT

THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING!

THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLY

THE GHOST AND MR CHICKEN

THE NAVY VS THE NIGHT MONSTERS (With Mamie van Doren! )

Great stuff!

Dennis

Michelle (Read or Dream)
Still a Skye fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 04:27 PM   #25
GTAFA

GTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticed

Birth of a Nation.

Okay, i guess that's a bit of an exaggeration. I'd pick a James Dean film, since his short life ended in 1955 (the year of my birth). Both East of Eden and Rebel Without a Cause are listed as 1955, while Giant is listed for 1956 even though JD's work was already in the can long before.