Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 06-27-2010, 02:36 PM   #26
Zowie
Zowie-Zilla

Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenFromOC View Post
Why do trolls have to be so obvious? At least try to slip in unnoticed...
...But then they'd be regular members, not trolls, no?
Old 06-27-2010, 03:04 PM   #27
Fat Brian
retarded disfigured clown

Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Trolls by their very nature are incapable of subtlety. Therefore their postings will inevitably give them away if given time. The worst are the "I say shocking things to pop my boner" trolls, they almost always give themselves away on their first post due to their need for attention.
Old 06-27-2010, 03:20 PM   #28
JenFromOC
Awesome.

JenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionic_eggplant View Post
...But then they'd be regular members, not trolls, no?
No, a true troll that wanted to make fun of us or get off on us would try to be more subtle so they could get more info. That's what I would do at least LOL

Jen Rocks!!

I wanna get in trouble, I wanna start a fight!

And it's a great day to be alive- Travis Tritt
JenFromOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 03:26 PM   #29
Zowie
Zowie-Zilla

Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
No, a true troll that wanted to make fun of us or get off on us would try to be more subtle so they could get more info. That's what I would do at least LOL
*suspicious glare*
Old 06-27-2010, 10:00 PM   #30
GiantGil
On Timeout

GiantGil has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delineator View Post
Given obvious confounding variables, I think such an approach would be justified.

I would disagree that exceptional height(which is what I'm talking about) is a strong predictor with respect to the general non-BHM population(for both logical and evolutionary reasons).

I don't get it.

If you are saying that height is more of a predictor for BHMs, then that would mean that tall BHMs do better than their thin counterparts.

Sorry, but that doesn't sound very plausible to me.

Quote:
But, I still maintain that if BHM populations are being 'culled' in such a way that is more sensetive to extraneous variables, then what we are really observing in such a dynamic are those extraneous variables.

You may not appreciate this subjectively, but I'm sure you can appreciate it both logically and scientifically.

And as a self-interested BHM of science, I would be remiss to ignore this, lol.

Yes, where this is in fact the case.

I would say there exists a continuum of opportunities(given that they do not distribute equally), but preferences with high selective value are directional(but bounded by some mean neighbourhood indicated in koinophilia).

This has some elements of both a strawman(since that's not what I said, and far from what I meant) and an appeal to consequence.

Obviously, no one is here to solicit my approval, but then I'm not here to validate anyone's preferences either.

I am simply conveying some valid observations.
GiantGil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 10:18 PM   #31
Delineator
On Timeout

Delineator has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantGil View Post
I don't get it.

If you are saying that height is more of a predictor for BHMs, then that would mean that tall BHMs do better than their thin counterparts.

Sorry, but that doesn't sound very plausible to me.

I am saying that upward deviations from average are more predictive of a dominant weighting when observing a BHM population.

So, it seems that BHM prospects are more sensetive to height(sorry for the confusion).

It is interesting to consider that height contributes to an optical illusion that detracts from an endomorphic appearance.

Why do you think we have specially shaped columns to compensate for the optical effect?

http://www.answers.com/topic/entasis
Delineator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 10:21 PM   #32
Delineator
On Timeout

Quote:
Why do trolls have to be so obvious? At least try to slip in unnoticed...
Offense is always taken, never given.
Old 06-27-2010, 10:22 PM   #33
Delineator
On Timeout

Quote:
It then occurs, that any such hypothetical person failing to meet this condition is no troll.
Old 06-27-2010, 10:26 PM   #34
Paquito
don't July to me

Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Most trolls I see tend to blitzkrieg, get in as many offensive comments as possible, and then get banned.
Paquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 10:37 PM   #35
Delineator
On Timeout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esther View Post
Is this the same troll from months ago?
Troll speculations are the height of internet forum boorishness(or just a very poorly concealed ad-hominem attack).
Old 06-27-2010, 10:42 PM   #36
JenFromOC
Awesome.

JenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I'm still all like, huh? Anyhoo, I like tall guys.

Jen Rocks!!

Old 06-27-2010, 10:42 PM   #37
Paquito
don't July to me

Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!

Using words like "boorishness" is the height of internet forum boorishness.
Paquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 10:45 PM   #38
JenFromOC
Awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paquito View Post
And ad hominem....We should avoid ad hominem arguments that question his motives.

Jen Rocks!!

Old 06-27-2010, 10:49 PM   #39
GiantGil
On Timeout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paquito View Post
True.

But it all depends on your audience.
Old 06-27-2010, 10:51 PM   #40
GiantGil
On Timeout

Quote:
Hey, great!

How tall do they have to be(or how tall is too tall)?
Old 06-27-2010, 10:54 PM   #41
JenFromOC
Awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantGil View Post
Hey, great!

How tall do they have to be(or how tall is too tall).
I'm 5'2 so for some reason, I like to start around 6'0. The tallest guy I've dated was 6'7 and that was pretty fucking hot. IDK, I have learned that I shouldn't be so rigid on my preference for certain things. Also, my taller friends say it's not fair for me to date the taller guys cuz even someone 5'7 is tall to me. LOL

Jen Rocks!!

Old 06-27-2010, 10:55 PM   #42
GiantGil
On Timeout

Quote:
And ad hominem....We should avoid ad hominem arguments that question his motives.
I couldn't care less about his motives.

I'm more concerned with the motives of cute FFA.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:57 AM   #43
johniav

johniav can now change their title
Default An interesting, and very common delimma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eroica86 View Post
Obviously as FFAs we are admirerers, we don't always end up dating BHMs - no one on here is shallow and we all know our preferences don't play in so much in the dating world when someone we really get along with comes along. (maybe I'm wrong and that's some of us?) - I wanted to ask how you other FFAs have delt with your preference for a tummy on your man while dating he non BHM variety- how do you let them know without fear of them being hurt or pressured? Have any of you gone through this situation? Thoughts would be appreciated- as I am currently in that situation myself.
It isn't easy to determine if the person you are dating will be pleasantly receptive to your ideas. He may at first feel that your ideas are strange. But in my experience, the woman I was dating thought I was a bit strange (she wasn't FFA thus my preference for being a large size seemed a little wierd to her). It hasn't effected our relation ship.The strange part is that I'm 5'8 and 135. Go figure. My advice is to test the waters in a respectable way....whatever that means.
johniav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 11:51 AM   #44
escapist
Belt Buster!

escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
I'm 5'2 so for some reason, I like to start around 6'0.
OMG I forgot how tiny you are! Granted at 6'3" everybody seems pretty small to me.
Old 07-04-2010, 02:08 PM   #45
djudex
I'm out

djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
The tallest guy I've dated was 6'7 and that was pretty fucking hot.

Woooo guess that makes me hot!

Wait...

Yeah no, I'm hot. It's all good.

"Quia Sic Dico"
djudex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 02:19 PM   #46
taobear

taobear can now change their title

Quote:
Will 5'9" do?
taobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 12:06 AM   #47
JenFromOC
Awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djudex View Post
Woooo guess that makes me hot!

Wait...

Yeah no, I'm hot. It's all good.
Mmmm hmmmm

Jen Rocks!!

Old 07-05-2010, 12:07 AM   #48
JenFromOC
Awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taobear View Post
Will 5'9" do?
Yeah, you will pretty much tower over me LOL

Jen Rocks!!

Old 07-05-2010, 04:18 AM   #49
taobear

taobear can now change their title

Quote:
YeeeeeHaaaaa You don't know what that does to me.
taobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:03 AM   #50
escapist
Belt Buster!

escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Heheheh Jen is still knee high to a tadpole If she ever comes to visit I'm going to put a jingly bracelet or something on her so don't step on her.