Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 08-20-2011, 11:13 PM   #1
Voyager

Voyager can now change their title
Default BHM Online Dating?

Hey guys,

Was wondering if anyone could give me advice on which online dating sites I should give a try? I played around a bit with online dating in the past and had some pretty good success but the site I used to use is gone now. I feel skeptical about trying any of the mainstream sites because I figure there's tons of skinny horny trolls running around those sites that will wash me out and I've noticed BBW/BHM oriented dating sites don't seem to have enough activity to be worth anything. So I'd like some advice on where you guys have had success.

Thank you.
Voyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 03:39 AM   #2
escapist
Belt Buster!

escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
Hey guys,

Was wondering if anyone could give me advice on which online dating sites I should give a try? I played around a bit with online dating in the past and had some pretty good success but the site I used to use is gone now. I feel skeptical about trying any of the mainstream sites because I figure there's tons of skinny horny trolls running around those sites that will wash me out and I've noticed BBW/BHM oriented dating sites don't seem to have enough activity to be worth anything. So I'd like some advice on where you guys have had success.

Thank you.
We really need a folder to keep dumping this re-occurring topic into. That said, personally....skip it. Meeting someone online is just an ice breaker anyways and might give you some insight to somebody. Instead just go out and find real connections in the real world because even if you meet someone online, you still have to go though most those awkward moments in real life if you ever actually meet. There are FFA's around you and great women who just aren't even concerned with how much you weigh as long as you're the right guy for them.

That said, dims itself is a breading ground of all sorts of naughtiness and real love connections. Sometimes it can really suck though when you find someone amazing and you just can't be near them when you want to be. You think about them, miss them, write secret messages to them and sit by your PM box waiting for them to reply .

Good luck with whatever you try.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:12 AM   #3
SlightlyMorbid
Darth Cuddles

SlightlyMorbid carries a lot of weight on this boardSlightlyMorbid carries a lot of weight on this boardSlightlyMorbid carries a lot of weight on this boardSlightlyMorbid carries a lot of weight on this boardSlightlyMorbid carries a lot of weight on this board

Excuse for long, possible post ahead =P

Dating sites, I'm sceptical of. Ironically enough, I met ron through a dating site and it was just such a crazy coincidence that he lived about a fifteen minute drive away from my house in another small town.

At the time I was having a big crush on another big guy, but he started acting weird and stopped talking to me because he thought I was out for his money and couldn't possibly like a fat guy like him -annoyed eyeroll-

ron and I started talking more and I really begun to like him. It was hard for me to go out and meet him because I'm shy, but I just kicked myself in the ass and went for it. We met at a local café and we talked from about 8pm till 4am about Star Wars, Star Trek (Though he knows WAY more about it than me as I've not seen all the episodes, just a few), retro gaming, movies and other stuff.

From that point on I spent time with him a lot and when he got sick, I took care of him and fell in love with him. Since August 15th, we've been officially together for 2 years.

So, yes, dating sites CAN work, but there's simply no guarantee because of the fake profiles, the long distances between people sometimes. And most often, what you hope to find is closer than you think, you just have to open your eyes, know what you want and go for it.

d=_=b Moozik
SlightlyMorbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 11:01 AM   #4
Voyager

Hmm...

It's weird how much a mind fuck BHM dating is.
Old 08-21-2011, 12:11 PM   #5
Rathkhan

Rathkhan has super-sized repRathkhan has super-sized repRathkhan has super-sized repRathkhan has super-sized repRathkhan has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlightlyMorbid View Post
Excuse for long, possible post ahead =P

Dating sites, I'm sceptical of. Ironically enough, I met ron through a dating site and it was just such a crazy coincidence that he lived about a fifteen minute drive away from my house in another small town.

At the time I was having a big crush on another big guy, but he started acting weird and stopped talking to me because he thought I was out for his money and couldn't possibly like a fat guy like him -annoyed eyeroll-

ron and I started talking more and I really begun to like him. It was hard for me to go out and meet him because I'm shy, but I just kicked myself in the ass and went for it. We met at a local café and we talked from about 8pm till 4am about Star Wars, Star Trek (Though he knows WAY more about it than me as I've not seen all the episodes, just a few), retro gaming, movies and other stuff.

From that point on I spent time with him a lot and when he got sick, I took care of him and fell in love with him. Since August 15th, we've been officially together for 2 years.

So, yes, dating sites CAN work, but there's simply no guarantee because of the fake profiles, the long distances between people sometimes. And most often, what you hope to find is closer than you think, you just have to open your eyes, know what you want and go for it.
Awesome! I'm on the various dating sites but strangely, as badass and sweet as I am... I've gotten no hits yet hehe. I get TONS of "So and so wants to meet you!" emails though, only to realize they are actually just trying to match make people who checked a few of the same boxes!
Rathkhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 12:23 PM   #6
SlightlyMorbid
Darth Cuddles

SlightlyMorbid carries a lot of weight on this boardSlightlyMorbid carries a lot of weight on this boardSlightlyMorbid carries a lot of weight on this boardSlightlyMorbid carries a lot of weight on this boardSlightlyMorbid carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathkhan View Post
Awesome! I'm on the various dating sites but strangely, as badass and sweet as I am... I've gotten no hits yet hehe. I get TONS of "So and so wants to meet you!" emails though, only to realize they are actually just trying to match make people who checked a few of the same boxes!
Yeah, I really hated being on a dating site. Made me feel like a piece of meat.

That, and I had to endure guys hitting on me even though my profile made it quite clear I wasn't looking for them if you know what I'm saying.

-shakes head-

d=_=b Moozik
Old 08-21-2011, 10:27 PM   #7
Fat_Cat

Fat_Cat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesFat_Cat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
That, and I had to endure guys hitting on me even though my profile made it quite clear I wasn't looking for them if you know what I'm saying.

-shakes head-
Well that's because most people don't read the profiles.

A couple of the sites I saw you couldn't even read the profile unless you were a paying member, you'd think they'd at least let people read the profiles and then try to make them subscribe, let them get a bit further hooked than just looking at pictures.

I will say, geography seems to play a part in online dating. When I lived in another part of the country, I had a much better time getting at least basic communications going with local ladies, since I've moved to my current location (Las Vegas), it's been harder to get responses from those who claim to be local and are willing to talk to a big guy. A whole lot more scammers here though, lots of people on the dating sites who are there just for extracting money from hopeful guys.

One thing I always find odd, there seems to be a much bigger acceptance of BBWs on dating sites, they will get groups and discussion forums dedicated to them, but BHM seem to be just ignored.
Fat_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 06:26 AM   #8
RedheadinNJ
found Mr. Treats-me-Right

RedheadinNJ can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesRedheadinNJ can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I found Matt right here, off the rack. www.bbpeoplemeet.com I always put the "what I'm looking for" part first in my profile instead of stuff about me and it's obvious and to the point. I figure if you can be bothered to read the first couple sentences you can figure out what I'm looking for and whether you'll fit the mold or not. I messaged him first and he decided that I was describing him in what I was looking for. We emailed for a couple weeks, exchanged numbers and decided to meet. We have a lot in common and he lives about an hour and a half away from me. We usually only see each other on weekends, between our jobs (we both drive tractor trailers) and him being in college we have to make time. The way I see it if you want someone in your life you will find a way, if not; you'll find an excuse.
With dating of any kind you need to be honest with yourself and potential partners about what you really want and what you're looking for and don't be shy about it. I have a list of "must haves" and "can't stands". If there's anything at all on the "can't stand" list, it's over. Every time you date someone with an issue that you have to work to ignore, you're settling. I won't settle and I don't believe that anyone else should have to either.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:31 PM   #9
Voyager

Thanks Red

I don't know why I'm having a lot of trouble at this. I've had a lot of good relationships in the past and been told I'm good looking (for a big guy) and I have a lot going for me but I'm having trouble getting things started.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:33 PM   #10
SlightlyMorbid
Darth Cuddles

Quote:
I'm having trouble getting things started.
That, in my opinion at least, is a matter of self-confidence.

My boyfriend looks great, but sometimes he doesn't give himself the credit for being an awesome and sweet guy.

d=_=b Moozik
Old 08-22-2011, 12:40 PM   #11
Voyager

Trust me, I got confidence for days. It's just a matter of navigating through all the bullshit out there.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:47 PM   #12
SlightlyMorbid
Darth Cuddles

Quote:
Trust me, I got confidence for days. It's just a matter of navigating through all the bullshit out there.
I don't back down from anything. Especially not from bullshit

d=_=b Moozik

Last edited by SlightlyMorbid; 08-22-2011 at 12:51 PM.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:55 PM   #13
Voyager

Quote:
I don't back down from anything. Especially not from bullshit
You'll go far in life and believe me I do detect a fiery side to you.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:08 PM   #14
SlightlyMorbid
Darth Cuddles

Quote:
You'll go far in life and believe me I do detect a fiery side to you.
That's just the chili xD

d=_=b Moozik
Old 08-22-2011, 01:58 PM   #15
RedheadinNJ
found Mr. Treats-me-Right

RedheadinNJ can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesRedheadinNJ can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Sometimes you have to wade through quite a lot of BS to find what you really want. Take a good, honest look at yourself, your wants and needs. Decided what you really are expecting from the online dating sights and write your profile to reflect that. I wouldn't worry too much about insulting or offending anyone. This is about you, not them. If they don't like what they see or read they have the option of moving on to the next profile. Speaking as someone who has read plenty of profiles I would be more interested in the one that has something original to say. Everyone likes walks on the beach and dinner and a movie. You need to have something to say about yourself that's different from the others.
Old 08-22-2011, 03:00 PM   #16
FishCharming
derailer extraordinaire!

FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
That, in my opinion at least, is a matter of self-confidence.

My boyfriend looks great, but sometimes he doesn't give himself the credit for being an awesome and sweet guy.
any chance that might stem from his girlfriend wanting to bone other dudes?
Old 08-22-2011, 04:12 PM   #17
KotR

KotR has said some nice things

Just gonna mirror the sentiment that where you live plays a big role in the success of dating sites. Being in Eastern Ohio, most blips I get are from people 50 miles or greater away from me. I consider that the general curse of a semi-rural area and a mix of the region often being a few years behind big city tech and trends.

Overall, I've had two dates over maybe 9 years of having profiles floating around. First flaked on me during some snuggle groping because she was simply way too Christian and I'm not at all religious. Second wound up being borderline nympho to the point she mis-texted me one night saying "boyfriend has dibs, but we'll hook up if he's not in the mood" and I pretty much broke it off there.

My profiles are probably way too verbose, but in the absence of being some mega hottie, flexing the mental muscle comes next. If they don't have the patience to read, I wouldn't want them. Those that do read would get a better grasp of who I am and what I'm looking for. I'll admit, though, if I can't find a girl's face attractive, it'll be hard to take anything beyond friendship. Actual body type is of lesser importance for sexual appeal, but some traits get me going more easily.

Just don't jump into something expecting to find your ideal with a few clicks. If anything, you'll probably be repulsed far more often than intrigued. Even worse when that one girl who does seem interesting hasn't logged on for 6+ months. Financially, all dating sites are giant money pits for how little they actually do for people. When it comes to blocking features like profiles or personal messaging, it's interesting to see how some try to skirt around feeding contact info through their profiles.
KotR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 04:28 PM   #18
Broadside

Broadside has super-sized repBroadside has super-sized repBroadside has super-sized repBroadside has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishCharming View Post
any chance that might stem from his girlfriend wanting to bone other dudes?
Any chance you might not totally understand how those two choose to happily conduct themselves in their relationship?
Old 08-22-2011, 04:39 PM   #19
FishCharming
derailer extraordinaire!

FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadside View Post
Any chance you might not totally understand how those two choose to happily conduct themselves in their relationship?

not only do i not totally understand, but i dont even remotely understand. open relationships aren't my area of expertise and in my experience it's usually one person's happiness driving that ship. but if her boyfriend has self esteem issues couldn't a logical reason be her wandering pants?
Old 08-22-2011, 05:08 PM   #20
Broadside

Broadside has super-sized repBroadside has super-sized repBroadside has super-sized repBroadside has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishCharming View Post
not only do i not totally understand, but i dont even remotely understand. open relationships aren't my area of expertise and in my experience it's usually one person's happiness driving that ship. but if her boyfriend has self esteem issues couldn't a logical reason be her wandering pants?
Perhaps you should ask them about their private life in a series of PM's, and educate yourself on the situation you're making a seemingly venomous post about.

That said, logic is derived from knowledge. The less you know about a situation, the more potential you gain for coming to false logical conclusions.

Sorry, but this is a pet peeve with me. It's like looking at a fat person and simply assuming they're lazy because they're fat. When people make harsh judgements about others without first trying to understand them, it just rubs me the wrong way. People usually deserve more understanding than alot of people are willing to give at first glance. Hence my signature.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:16 PM   #21
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

She posted on a public forum that it was an open relationship so I see the question as valid, albeit maybe not posed as sensitively as you would have liked. Logic IS based on knowledge. Correct, which is why we ask questions here, of points made and information posted on a message board and FTR personal stuff that many of us have posted have been questioned out of curiosity on the forums.

'Venomous' is also an assumption, no?

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.

Last edited by CastingPearls; 08-22-2011 at 05:19 PM.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 05:19 PM   #22
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I seriously think he was posing it as a question.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:20 PM   #23
FishCharming
derailer extraordinaire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadside View Post
Perhaps you should ask them about their private life in a series of PM's, and educate yourself on the situation you're making a seemingly venomous post about.

That said, logic is derived from knowledge. The less you know about a situation, the more potential you gain for coming to false logical conclusions.

Sorry, but this is a pet peeve with me. It's like looking at a fat person and simply assuming they're lazy because they're fat. When people make harsh judgements about others without first trying to understand them, it just rubs me the wrong way. People usually deserve more understanding than alot of people are willing to give at first glance. Hence my signature.
calm the white-knighting, sir broadside. i was just making an observation based the information publicly given. i have no interest in their private life but if they post about on an internet forum then it's open for conversation.

but i understand your concern. teh internetz is serious business
Old 08-22-2011, 05:52 PM   #24
Voyager

Who honestly cares if she's sleeping around? This is an internet forum, not a sex addict class.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:06 PM   #25
Goreki
Fairy tales and Woe

Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Who honestly cares if she's sleeping around? This is an internet forum, not a sex addict class.
Like a "how to become a sex addict" or a "stop it, you have no friends anymore and you've destroyed all the fruit and vegetables in your house using your genitals" kind of class?