Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Library > Story Readers Forum

Old 07-13-2017, 07:55 AM   #1
lovelymars908
BHM Writer

lovelymars908 has said some nice things
Question Any opinions on platonic or non-romantic relationships in WG fiction?

Being honest here, I was never too much into the romance angle of weight gain fiction except a few things here and there. No doubt that's my bias of not liking or reading the romance genre in general. However, I'm more concerned about exploring other kinds of non-romantic, mutual relationships that remained largely untapped with huge potential. I'm talking about platonic, professional, familial, or student-teacher/master-apprentice relationships. Now those can provide many dynamics.

What are your opinions on this sort of topic?

Last edited by lovelymars908; 07-13-2017 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Forgot a few details.
lovelymars908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 08:58 AM   #2
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I think it would be great to see fiction exploring those!

Because weight gain is erotic to a lot of people, I think there is a natural tendency to put it in the context of an erotic or potentially erotic relationship. But it doesn't have to be that way, and I agree it would be nice to see different angles on it.
Old 07-13-2017, 01:31 PM   #3
lovelymars908
BHM Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tad View Post
i think it would be great to see fiction exploring those!

Because weight gain is erotic to a lot of people, i think there is a natural tendency to put it in the context of an erotic or potentially erotic relationship. But it doesn't have to be that way, and i agree it would be nice to see different angles on it.
so happy you agreed.
Old 07-13-2017, 02:10 PM   #4
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'm always in for a good non-romance story.

Personally, I care a lot about other things than romance and relationships going on in a story, so my approach is always to weave in a second, content driven plot. On starting my current - endless - story which has the original angle of workplace weight discrimination, I had toyed with leaving out the romance element. But early on a female side character was so insistent that her backstory was worth developing, especially in the given location, that I did follow that path again.

Since I am not into genres like Sci-Fi, Action, Fantasy, etc. where you can conjure a plot not so much focussing on the character relations - the main non-romance for me would be the developmental story. And that is where I collide with the underage rule, since writing something like, as a longer story, without some childhood elements is near impossible.

But I'm very interested to see who you would handle the issue, lovelymars, and look forward to reading something.
agouderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 02:27 PM   #5
lovelymars908
BHM Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by agouderia View Post
I'm always in for a good non-romance story.

Personally, I care a lot about other things than romance and relationships going on in a story, so my approach is always to weave in a second, content driven plot. On starting my current - endless - story which has the original angle of workplace weight discrimination, I had toyed with leaving out the romance element. But early on a female side character was so insistent that her backstory was worth developing, especially in the given location, that I did follow that path again.

Since I am not into genres like Sci-Fi, Action, Fantasy, etc. where you can conjure a plot not so much focussing on the character relations - the main non-romance for me would be the developmental story. And that is where I collide with the underage rule, since writing something like, as a longer story, without some childhood elements is near impossible.

But I'm very interested to see who you would handle the issue, lovelymars, and look forward to reading something.

Well, I should remind that I don't write romance either, the story would fall apart into an incorrect mess. But, really from all past experiences with reading or watching romances, they are mostly crappy or distracting. Or worse, being put there for the sake of it if the situation doesn't call for it. Hence, my dislike towards romance stemming from. I would ONLY approve it if it's actually genuine.

I would somewhat disagree with the plot-driven genres being just that, but I seriously think you can weave plot and character elements, it just depends on the story concept and the execution, but that's a talk for another day.