Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Health Forum

Old 07-13-2017, 10:32 PM   #1
plushkitty

plushkitty does more than just post hot picsplushkitty does more than just post hot picsplushkitty does more than just post hot picsplushkitty does more than just post hot pics
Default Tubal ligation in larger women

I've been seriously considering getting a tubal ligation while insurance still covers permanent birth control. But I weigh ~330 pounds. I carry more weight in my hips, thighs and butt than in my belly, but the surgeon is still going to have to cut through a fair amount of fat. Will OBGYNs perform a tubal on a woman my size? Are there going to be any complications that a thin woman would not have? I'm okay with scars if they have to make a bigger incision, it'll be worth it to not worry about pregnancy. I already have surgical scars in much more visible places and they don't bother me. Anesthesia went fine too in both previous surgeries.
plushkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 06:37 PM   #2
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I had one done when I weighed around 300 pounds.
First doctor I saw was a real ass about it all, telling me she could only stick springs in my fallopian tubes instead of cutting them due to my weight (WTF?) I assume she was getting a nice cut from the company peddling those springs.

Next doctor I went to? No issues...I even asked her if she would have a problem due to my weight (I am an apple shape btw). She said maybe but it really wasn't a thing for her. She did it, I healed easily and ain't got knocked up again yet.

Point of this story is that it's worth it to get a second opinion if you find yourself in the presence of a fat phobe.

**It was all done with a laser- couple of tiny holes near my belly button. Actual pregnancy and childbirth did much worse to me than the surgery.

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 11:18 PM   #3
plushkitty

plushkitty does more than just post hot picsplushkitty does more than just post hot picsplushkitty does more than just post hot picsplushkitty does more than just post hot pics

Thanks, Fairy! It's reassuring to know that there's at least one doctor out there willing to perform a tubal on a person my size.
plushkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 04:16 PM   #4
Tracii

Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Yeah get several opinions.
Tracii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 06:08 AM   #5
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

I was never able to get one done. But my husband found a doctor willing to do a vasectomy when he was only 24. So it worked out okay. Still, hate that I wanted to exercise that choice but couldn't find a doctor willing to perform the procedure unless I got below 250 lbs. And then when I had to have my right fallopian tube and ovary removed due to a cyst, the surgeon wouldn't sterilize me. Fucker...