Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Lounge

Old 10-20-2016, 10:50 PM   #5076
x0emnem0x

x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artaidan View Post
My anxiety... social anxiety... it completely ruins my life and I start be a forums rat...
Story of my life. You're not alone!
x0emnem0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 01:40 PM   #5077
DianaSSBBW

DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Sad and angry at the same time!

What is wrong with my country! When being bilingual is wrong! Heck, when I lived in Holland I was embarrassed to only speak two languages. Everyone that I met spoke 5 and 6 different languages.

http://www.leadertelegram.com/Opinio...n-America.html
DianaSSBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 08:59 PM   #5078
socrates74

socrates74 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokessocrates74 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Trying to figure out this place. I still haven't looked up FFA.
socrates74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 05:41 AM   #5079
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

FFA=Female fat admirer
Old 12-06-2016, 10:42 PM   #5080
LumpySmile

LumpySmile never has a post go unnoticedLumpySmile never has a post go unnoticedLumpySmile never has a post go unnoticedLumpySmile never has a post go unnoticedLumpySmile never has a post go unnoticedLumpySmile never has a post go unnoticedLumpySmile never has a post go unnoticedLumpySmile never has a post go unnoticed

Cold... Dark.... I hate winter.

And heating just the one room I'm in to save money makes me feel like I'm in a prison cell
LumpySmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 11:23 AM   #5081
Raindancer

Raindancer has said some nice things

Some home service...
Old 12-07-2016, 07:18 PM   #5082
Leem
Leem

Leem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions community

My grandma passed away this evening. She was a wonderful caring person who helped me through some dark days and loved me unconditionally.
Leem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 05:54 AM   #5083
LumpySmile

LumpySmile never has a post go unnoticedLumpySmile never has a post go unnoticedLumpySmile never has a post go unnoticedLumpySmile never has a post go unnoticedLumpySmile never has a post go unnoticedLumpySmile never has a post go unnoticedLumpySmile never has a post go unnoticedLumpySmile never has a post go unnoticed

So sorry for your loss, Leem.
Old 12-08-2016, 02:39 PM   #5084
Adamantoise
Tom and his Brain

Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leem View Post
My grandma passed away this evening. She was a wonderful caring person who helped me through some dark days and loved me unconditionally.
You have my condolences. I'm sorry to hear this.
Adamantoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 10:41 PM   #5085
Leem
Leem

Leem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Thank you both.
Leem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 09:43 PM   #5086
DianaSSBBW

DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

My heart broke today...
A guy was remarking to a another gentleman that he had to go to his inlaws tomorrow to celebrate Christmas. That they never went on Christmas, but for the last # (can't exact number) of years they always have to go the Saturday before, never the day of or after, always the Saturday before and always the same thing.
A lady walked up the gentlemen, stopped and said: "I just wish I had someplace to go" and went on walking out of the store.
Silence overcame the store, you could have heard a pin drop.
Old 12-23-2016, 09:50 PM   #5087
Angel
no apologies for being me

Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!

I heard a man yelling. Then more men yelling. And a roaring sound (like a train; or from a foundry or blast furnace). I remember thinking, why won't that sound stop?

I just learned why the men were yelling and what the noise was.

If you (or if anyone in your family, your friends, or your neighbors) don't have smoke detectors in your (their ) home, please invest in a couple per home.
Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 08:12 AM   #5088
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Oh my goodness!! This was your place?
Old 12-24-2016, 01:44 PM   #5089
Angel
no apologies for being me

Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
Oh my goodness!! This was your place?
No, but I would have it rather been my home than a neighbor's.
Material possessions can be replaced; the life of a child can't be.
Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 11:49 AM   #5090
rellis10
tuh-maw-tow

rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!

The notion of being single over another Christmas. That's pretty saddening right now.

This year was a big one for rebuilding my confidence where it had been pretty much obliterated. It's a long path, though, and spending another Christmas being a third wheel around other couples hasn't done me any favors. Basically everyone else in my life is with someone in some way so it's hard not to feel like I've done something wrong at some point to be the only one left.
Old 12-28-2016, 10:31 AM   #5091
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

General holiday sadness.

When I was young, Christmas and Easter were huge deals in my family. Christmas especially, as it was a three day celebration. Christmas eve-eve was our immediate family celebration, Christmas eve we were with my paternal extended family, and Christmas day with my maternal extended family. There were loads of traditions and everyone got along so it was drama free and stress free.

Now all of that is over. My parents are gone, my brother, my grandparents, all the aunts and uncles I was closest to. And the surviving aunts, uncles and cousins aren't close and aren't interested in getting together or even keeping in touch. It got to where the only time we saw each other was during funerals, so I stopped going to them, because it got to be too depressing.

My husband's family are scattered around the country. East coast, Gulf coast, and West coast. We live near his parents, but they don't really celebrate. There are a few extended inlaws nearby, but they're awfully cliqueish and will be polite, but treat us like guests instead of family.

I didn't decorate, the budget was too tight to go on a weekend trip or do anything local. So we just stayed in, watched movies, and cooked a slightly fancier than normal dinner on Sunday. Oh, and it was 80+ degrees . It didn't feel like Christmas at all.

And last night and earlier this morning I had a massive anxiety attack, which hasn't happened since September.
Old 12-28-2016, 11:10 AM   #5092
Kristal

Kristal makes people happy simply by logging inKristal makes people happy simply by logging inKristal makes people happy simply by logging inKristal makes people happy simply by logging inKristal makes people happy simply by logging inKristal makes people happy simply by logging inKristal makes people happy simply by logging inKristal makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracyarts View Post
General holiday sadness.

When I was young, Christmas and Easter were huge deals in my family. Christmas especially, as it was a three day celebration. Christmas eve-eve was our immediate family celebration, Christmas eve we were with my paternal extended family, and Christmas day with my maternal extended family. There were loads of traditions and everyone got along so it was drama free and stress free.

Now all of that is over. My parents are gone, my brother, my grandparents, all the aunts and uncles I was closest to. And the surviving aunts, uncles and cousins aren't close and aren't interested in getting together or even keeping in touch. It got to where the only time we saw each other was during funerals, so I stopped going to them, because it got to be too depressing.

My husband's family are scattered around the country. East coast, Gulf coast, and West coast. We live near his parents, but they don't really celebrate. There are a few extended inlaws nearby, but they're awfully cliqueish and will be polite, but treat us like guests instead of family.

I didn't decorate, the budget was too tight to go on a weekend trip or do anything local. So we just stayed in, watched movies, and cooked a slightly fancier than normal dinner on Sunday. Oh, and it was 80+ degrees . It didn't feel like Christmas at all.

And last night and earlier this morning I had a massive anxiety attack, which hasn't happened since September.
My way of dealing with a situation not unlike your own was to find friend(s) who may someday become 'like family' to you.
Kristal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 12:27 AM   #5093
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'm hoping to find new social outlets after we move and hopefully make some more close friends. Mine all moved on in one way or another over the years, and the area we live in right now isn't very inclusive for people who don't fit in, and we really don't fit in. The only social activity I enjoyed was a knit and crochet group, but the library stopped hosting it, and the women who wanted to keep meeting decided to meet at the local senior citizens center, and I'm 9 years too young to attend. I'm going to a few meetups this month, maybe I'll at least find an activity group again.
Old 01-27-2017, 12:32 AM   #5094
LumpySmile

It's 15 miles to the store, after midnight, and 2 degrees out there. I have no sweets at all in the house, so of course I'm craving cookies....
Old 03-14-2017, 06:43 PM   #5095
DianaSSBBW

I really don't like snow, but today I was wishing for lots of snow, like in Philadelphia (State of Emergency) so where I work would not open.
I was really counting on an adult "Snow Day"
They called for most of the snow overnight, but the snow started early morning and all day!
So now the nightmare is driving in the snow to get home!
Old 03-14-2017, 10:16 PM   #5096
moore2me
Lions don't need to spank

moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Mom . . .

My brother and I had to put mom in Hospice during the weekend. She is still in a nursing home. Hospice is taking over her final care while there. Altho I am sad, mom would have wanted it this way. Lord knows she told me that enough times when we could talk like we used to.

If anyone is not familiar with how Hospice works - here is a brief intro. . . Hospice is a group of professionals and volunteers that take over the care of person who is near death. Their objective is to assure their client can die a natural death with dignity and humanity. No heroic life saving means are taken to keep the person from a natural death.

The client is kept as pain free and comfortable as possible. A team of nurses, a social worker, minister, doctors and family counselors work with the dying person and their family. I my opinion, mom is so frail and ready to die, that it would be obscene to give her CPR (cracking her ribs) and keeping her from where her spirit wants to go.

About three years ago when she had a major surgery and she was lucid and in charge - had them code her as a DNR (do not resuscitate) is she died during the surgery or afterward. However, at that time. her mind was still clear. If she fell at home or outside her house, she willingly would call the fire dept to pick her up and take her back inside & get her mobile again.
moore2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 10:38 PM   #5097
LumpySmile

I'm so sorry to hear that Moore2me.... I'm sorry for your loss and the pain you're going through right now... Bless you and yours in this time of sorrow

Tags
sad, unhappy