Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Lounge

Old 11-28-2016, 04:48 PM   #3776
fat hiker

fat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. 8/10. Eddie Redmayne is a little rubber-faced as Newt Scamander, but the rest of the cast is good; the plot is good, and flows well, but depends heavily on the naivete of Newt Scamander. The winter scenes, and the setting of MACUSA's headquarters in the Woolworth's building are clever. There are some eerie reflections of 2016 America in the fears of a persecution of the Magical community of 1926.

Overall, well worth seeing.

One note, the AVX 3-D I saw it in keeps going in and out of focus - the regular big screen edition is apparently much better that way.
Old 01-26-2017, 11:16 PM   #3777
LumpySmile

LumpySmile never has a post go unnoticedLumpySmile never has a post go unnoticedLumpySmile never has a post go unnoticedLumpySmile never has a post go unnoticedLumpySmile never has a post go unnoticedLumpySmile never has a post go unnoticedLumpySmile never has a post go unnoticedLumpySmile never has a post go unnoticed

Invictus - Just stumbled upon it, had never even heard of it before, but it was AMAZING

9/10
LumpySmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 09:09 PM   #3778
wrenchboy

wrenchboy is a member of the 500 clubwrenchboy is a member of the 500 clubwrenchboy is a member of the 500 clubwrenchboy is a member of the 500 clubwrenchboy is a member of the 500 clubwrenchboy is a member of the 500 club

Purge Election Year
2 out of 10
One and two were 8s . This was a complete dud. I love post apocalyptic movies and although this is not one the whole idea of no law and everyone is forgiven after the purge is over is a fantastic idea.
The first 2 movies did a good job playing withthe desperation of trying to survive a deadly night while keeping an audience entertained with murderous characters.
Number 3 was a political bore of illuminati/arayan rich idiots vs the mixed race of the poor struggling to beat the powerful at their own game. Oh yeah...we still have murderous cartoonish characters.
wrenchboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 08:04 PM   #3779
ElyBiggs
The agony of delete.

ElyBiggs can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesElyBiggs can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesElyBiggs can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I believe the last movie I saw from beginning to end credits was Moana. I'd give it a good 9/10.
ElyBiggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 09:50 AM   #3780
fat hiker

fat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Hidden Figures - 9.5/10 - if you haven't seen this, you MUST!

Great storytelling, good character development, great sense of place and time - and three feisty, intelligent, female leads.
Old 02-02-2017, 11:15 AM   #3781
Fat Molly
hufflepuff hobbit

Fat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticed

watched Rope the other day (Hitchcock) and it was, as always, fantastic. I'd rate it 8/10 only because it has a limited appeal. it's a very tense film, very suspenseful, and i definitely enjoy it, but it lacks the lushness that comes with other movies, even of the same era. it doesn't make me want to sink into the world of the movie - it has a similar feel to it that 12 Angry Men does, or Rashomon, or To Kill a Mockingbird. There's a point to it.
Old 02-02-2017, 11:17 AM   #3782
Fat Molly
hufflepuff hobbit

Fat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat hiker View Post
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. 8/10. Eddie Redmayne is a little rubber-faced as Newt Scamander, but the rest of the cast is good; the plot is good, and flows well, but depends heavily on the naivete of Newt Scamander. The winter scenes, and the setting of MACUSA's headquarters in the Woolworth's building are clever. There are some eerie reflections of 2016 America in the fears of a persecution of the Magical community of 1926.

Overall, well worth seeing.

One note, the AVX 3-D I saw it in keeps going in and out of focus - the regular big screen edition is apparently much better that way.
also i fucking loved the almost-overt feedee relationship in FB.

it was nice to have that represented fucking FINALLY in the harry potter world - a fat person who is a genuinely and sincerely nice person, and who also gets the privilege of being in love with someone who appreciates them and their appetites.
Old 02-24-2017, 09:43 AM   #3783
Maddog

Maddog has said some nice things

Fifthy Shades 7.5/10 - not as bad as many say
Maddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 02:22 AM   #3784
Am Jim

Am Jim has super-sized repAm Jim has super-sized repAm Jim has super-sized repAm Jim has super-sized rep

Mama Mia. Seriously, rented it the other day it was the first time I saw it. I'd give it 9.5/10.
Am Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 11:13 AM   #3785
Still a Skye fan
Normalcy is overrated

Still a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging in

The last movie I saw? Well, I took a chance and gave the new GHOST IN THE SHELL movie a try.

I'm a big fan of the manga and the anime.

The movie was better than I thought it would be...it wasn't outstanding but I managed to find it entertaining.

I still prefer the anime but I'd give this a respectable 7/10.

Michelle (Read or Dream)
Still a Skye fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 03:53 PM   #3786
Deacone
For Azeroth!

Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!

Watched Wonder Woman on Friday for my birthday night out. 10/10 would be empowered again
Old 06-04-2017, 05:26 PM   #3787
Iannathedriveress
Random Heroine

Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Sing

8 out of 10
Iannathedriveress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 08:18 PM   #3788
TwoSwords

TwoSwords knows EXACTLY what's going onTwoSwords knows EXACTLY what's going onTwoSwords knows EXACTLY what's going onTwoSwords knows EXACTLY what's going onTwoSwords knows EXACTLY what's going onTwoSwords knows EXACTLY what's going onTwoSwords knows EXACTLY what's going on

Tonight I watched the MST3K version of The Loves of Hercules with my brother. Awful, awful movie. 2 out of 10.
TwoSwords is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
movies, rate