Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Lounge

Old 10-09-2014, 07:52 PM   #26
canadianbbw4u

canadianbbw4u is a member of the 500 clubcanadianbbw4u is a member of the 500 clubcanadianbbw4u is a member of the 500 clubcanadianbbw4u is a member of the 500 clubcanadianbbw4u is a member of the 500 clubcanadianbbw4u is a member of the 500 club

Here in Canada we have some great ones!!! Dildo,Nfld. Conception Bay,Tramping Lake,Keg River.... those are just some!
canadianbbw4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 04:07 PM   #27
CPProp
Clockwork - wind me up

CPProp has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CPProp has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CPProp has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CPProp has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CPProp has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CPProp has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CPProp has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CPProp has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CPProp has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CPProp has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CPProp has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

A few more UK Towns and villages.

Lower Peover - Cheshire
Little Ness – Shropshire
Great Ness - Shropshire
Knockin - Shropshire
Nanpantan - Leicestershire
Burton Overy - Leicestershire
Erewash - Derbyshire
Bolsover - Derbyshire
Bunny - Nottinghamshire
East Leake - Nottinghamshire
West Leake - Nottinghamshire
Horncastle – Nottinghamshire
Eggborough – Yorkshire
Old 10-11-2014, 04:41 PM   #28
supersizebbw
Who run the world..Girls!

supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I lived in Cockfosters, London for about year. Every single day on the tube there would be someone chuckling when it would be announced that "This train is headed to Cockfosters" lol!

I guess it didn't help much that Cockfosters used to be in Middlesex either lol
Old 10-12-2014, 02:00 PM   #29
wrenchboy

wrenchboy is a member of the 500 clubwrenchboy is a member of the 500 clubwrenchboy is a member of the 500 clubwrenchboy is a member of the 500 clubwrenchboy is a member of the 500 clubwrenchboy is a member of the 500 club

I was told a story that an Ihop restaurant was located on Cox st. The phone was answered
"Ihop on cox"!
wrenchboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 02:48 PM   #30
CPProp
Clockwork - wind me up

CPProp has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CPProp has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CPProp has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CPProp has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CPProp has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CPProp has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CPProp has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CPProp has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CPProp has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CPProp has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CPProp has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

A couple of place names in the UK, County Durham to be precise that always amused me as a kids are

Pity Me

No place
Old 10-12-2014, 09:31 PM   #31
TwilightStarr

TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

There is a town not too far from me called Pleasureville :P
TwilightStarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 03:32 PM   #32
CPProp
Clockwork - wind me up

I’ve just come across old Diesel Engine museum at a brilliantly named Prickwillow
Old 10-22-2014, 11:28 PM   #33
RabbitScorpion
vienna carrier-no venom

RabbitScorpion makes people happy simply by logging inRabbitScorpion makes people happy simply by logging inRabbitScorpion makes people happy simply by logging inRabbitScorpion makes people happy simply by logging inRabbitScorpion makes people happy simply by logging inRabbitScorpion makes people happy simply by logging inRabbitScorpion makes people happy simply by logging inRabbitScorpion makes people happy simply by logging inRabbitScorpion makes people happy simply by logging inRabbitScorpion makes people happy simply by logging in

Michigan has Hell and Paradise.

Most people in Michigan live south of Florida (a town in the Upper Peninsula).

For a town name that just sounds funny, there's Germfask (the eight families who settled it took the last name initials and arranged them into something that could be pronounced.)

But the winner is far from Michigan. It's a town in Austria. Its name rhymes with "Booking", but it's spelled F**king (You can figure that out).
Old 10-24-2014, 06:22 PM   #34
wrenchboy

wrenchboy is a member of the 500 clubwrenchboy is a member of the 500 clubwrenchboy is a member of the 500 clubwrenchboy is a member of the 500 clubwrenchboy is a member of the 500 clubwrenchboy is a member of the 500 club

Howie-in-the-Hills, Florida ok so what is Howie doing in the hills? Besides everybody knows that there are no hills in Florida. Only beaches and mickey mouse.
Zephyrhills, Florida. What is a zephyr?
Boinks, Louisiana. Hmmm, what could they be doing there?
And for those who care to participate in illegal activities there is Bong Recreation Area in Illinois near Chicago
Old 10-24-2014, 08:13 PM   #35
CleverBomb
On Space Out

CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.

California has a few odd ones with a connection to fuel.

Coalinga -- it was a refueling stop for coal-fired locomotives: Coaling A.

El Segundo -- (in Spanish, "The Second"). The home of Standard Oil's second refinery (they're now Chevron Oil) -- the first was in Richmond, CA.
CleverBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 07:51 AM   #36
Ruffie

Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!

THe province I live in(Saskatchewan Canada) has several funny names
Moose Jaw
Climax
Love
Biggar
Carrot River
Big Beaver
Cut Knife
Elbow
Semens
Porcupine Plain
Knee Lake
Candle Lake
Eyebrow
Old 11-01-2014, 05:37 PM   #37
TwilightStarr

TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitScorpion View Post

But the winner is far from Michigan. It's a town in Austria. Its name rhymes with "Booking", but it's spelled F**king (You can figure that out).

Oh, I so want to live there!!
TwilightStarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 06:33 PM   #38
wrenchboy

Sheboygan Michigan maybe named after a transvestite that changed her mind?

Chicken Fight road Atoka Oklahoma maybe because Michael Vick took dogfight road?

Effingham Illinois used to be called F**kingham but people wanted it less offensive.

I don't know these are guesses but all real places.

There is an Ofallon in Illinois and an Ofallon in Missouri about 50 miles apart.

I went through Mexico today. I thought it was south of Texas but it is in Missouri.
Old 11-02-2014, 01:28 AM   #39
RabbitScorpion
vienna carrier-no venom

RabbitScorpion makes people happy simply by logging inRabbitScorpion makes people happy simply by logging inRabbitScorpion makes people happy simply by logging inRabbitScorpion makes people happy simply by logging inRabbitScorpion makes people happy simply by logging inRabbitScorpion makes people happy simply by logging inRabbitScorpion makes people happy simply by logging inRabbitScorpion makes people happy simply by logging inRabbitScorpion makes people happy simply by logging inRabbitScorpion makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffie View Post
THe province I live in(Saskatchewan Canada) has several funny names
Moose Jaw
Climax
Love
Biggar
Carrot River
Big Beaver
Cut Knife
Elbow
Semens
Porcupine Plain
Knee Lake
Candle Lake
Eyebrow
Yeah, but Saskatchewan also has what I always thought was the cutest name for a town - Willow Bunch.
Old 11-21-2014, 09:55 AM   #40
wrenchboy

The other day I passed Suitland Parkway in Maryland near DC. I haven't had a chance to Google it, but is there an amusement park on that road?
"Hey kids this summer we are going to Suitland! "
For the wild and crazy rides for their safety each rider will be issued a replica of Donald Trumps helmet hair.
For the romantic couple we invite you to take a trip on loafers lane.
"Who wants to take a ride on Daddys Zipper! "
At Suitland we are always hiring. In no time at all you will be fully vested.
Everybody has a good time at Suitland! Anyone who complains leaves with a free Columbian necktie.
Old 11-21-2014, 11:01 AM   #41
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

Bucksnort, TN
ScreamingChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 12:21 PM   #42
FreeThinker

FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Ahrrr, ye dirty dog: Get to Pugwash, Nova Scotia!
FreeThinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 03:02 PM   #43
Pixelpops
Oh, The Hazards of Love.

Pixelpops carries a lot of weight on this boardPixelpops carries a lot of weight on this boardPixelpops carries a lot of weight on this boardPixelpops carries a lot of weight on this boardPixelpops carries a lot of weight on this board

Drove through a village called Great Bottom last weekend. It felt right
Pixelpops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 05:30 PM   #44
MattB

MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!

Welcome to Vulcan, Alberta!
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 07:33 PM   #45
Forgotten_Futures
The *other* Holy Trinity

Forgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging in

Two of my favorites have to be, "Blue Ball," and "Cheesequake."
Old 12-09-2014, 03:32 PM   #46
wrenchboy

If you go south on US 54 in Oklahoma to get to Beaver you have to go through Hooker.
Old 03-12-2015, 01:21 PM   #47
wrenchboy

Big Butt mountain in Virginia
Pleasant Valley State Prison in California -do they have ranch dressing in the cafeteria?
There is a turn off in Nevada named Deeth Star Valley
No Name, Colorado
In Missouri some roads are named by a letter. Near St Louis there is a Church road Z.
In west Virginia to get to Jesus in the Hills retreat you have to take Limerick lane.
Old 03-24-2015, 06:31 PM   #48
wrenchboy

In Sour Lake. Texas there is a Vaglica rd. Don't believe me look it up.
Old 03-25-2015, 05:38 AM   #49
youareneverready

youareneverready can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesyouareneverready can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesyouareneverready can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

There's a village called Lower Swell in The Costwolds. Always makes me chuckle. Also The Slaughters (Upper and Lower Slaughter, respectively), not so much funny-sounding as...well, a bit murder-y?

Some friends of mine once went to visit the town of Broom in Warwickshire, and tried to buy a broom to take a picture with by the sign. Astoundingly enough they couldn't find one. I also know a guy who lived on Crotch Crescent, in Oxford, while at Uni.
youareneverready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 05:46 AM   #50
OneFAsView
Jimmy

OneFAsView can now change their title

Truth or Consequences, NM
OneFAsView is offline   Reply With Quote