Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 12-14-2016, 01:38 PM   #1
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Seasonal Songs

It is only eleven days to Christmas, time for some seasonal cheer! Please link in some songs of the season (Christmas, Hannukah, New Years, Winter in general, .). All I ask is:

- One song per post
- No more than two posts per day per person
- Wait for someone else to post before you post anything else.

Hoping that will help bring more of a broad mix of songs will have to see how it works.
Old 12-14-2016, 01:39 PM   #2
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

To start things off, here is a seasonal song: First Snow of the Year by Hawksley Workman. We dig this CD out every year to celebrate the occasion

Old 12-14-2016, 02:12 PM   #3
socrates74

socrates74 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokessocrates74 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Winter solstice is a coming.
Your frozen toes maybe ah bummin'
Religion, family and tradition will raise its head
Be happy you made it to 2017 without being dead.
(The end).
socrates74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 07:53 PM   #4
Ho Ho Tai

Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Tad - Is poetry OK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
It is only eleven days to Christmas, time for some seasonal cheer! Please link in some songs of the season (Christmas, Hannukah, New Years, Winter in general, .). All I ask is:

- One song per post
- No more than two posts per day per person
- Wait for someone else to post before you post anything else.

Hoping that will help bring more of a broad mix of songs will have to see how it works.
Is poetry OK?

"The greatest wisdom: Love and Laughter, Inter-twined."
Ho Ho Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 05:28 AM   #5
Tad
mostly harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho Ho Tai View Post
Is poetry OK?
Sure why not?
Old 12-15-2016, 02:38 PM   #6
Tad
mostly harmless

This was my idea of a Christmas song in my teenage years

Anybody else?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bueller.jpg (46.7 KB, 73 views)
Old 12-15-2016, 02:48 PM   #7
Rojodi

Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!

Old 12-15-2016, 03:29 PM   #8
Tad
mostly harmless

Thanks Rojodi -- I've always loved that one!
Old 12-15-2016, 07:21 PM   #9
Ho Ho Tai

Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Winter is icummen in . . . Ezra Pound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
Sure why not?
Thirty to fourty (I ALWAYS spell it that way - so there!) years ago, I loved bitterly cold Decembers and Januarys. It was the best time to take an axe to my wood pile and slash away. When it hit -20 F to -30F, I'd pull on a sweater, grab my axe and a glass of brandy, and make the chips fly for an hour.

Then I'd go back in the house and eat breakfast.

No more! At 79, my old bones are more brittle than that frozen wood. No amount of hacking and slashing will keep me warm. Instead of looking forward to winter, I find myself more in tune with Ezra Pound.

We drove from our home in the T.C. to our condo in Duluth - from cold and snow to colder and snowier. Crazy? Did I hear 'crazy'? Well, you're right!

Ancient Music - Poem by Ezra Pound

Winter is icummen in,
Lhude sing Goddamm.
Raineth drop and staineth slop,
And how the wind doth ramm!
Sing: Goddamm.

Skiddeth bus and sloppeth us,
An ague hath my ham.
Freezeth river, turneth liver,
Damn you, sing: Goddamm.

Goddamm, Goddamm, 'tis why I am, Goddamm,
So 'gainst the winter's balm.

Sing goddamm, damm, sing Goddamm.
Sing goddamm, sing goddamm, DAMM.

Ezra Pound

"The greatest wisdom: Love and Laughter, Inter-twined."
Ho Ho Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 12:18 PM   #10
Tad
mostly harmless

More Hawksley Workman .... kind of melancholy sounding, but when you pay attention it is actually very romantic and sentimental. Might be an acquired taste, though.

Old 12-17-2016, 10:25 PM   #11
LumpySmile

LumpySmile is a member of the 500 clubLumpySmile is a member of the 500 clubLumpySmile is a member of the 500 clubLumpySmile is a member of the 500 clubLumpySmile is a member of the 500 clubLumpySmile is a member of the 500 club

This is currently my favorite Christmas song:

LumpySmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 01:10 PM   #12
Tad
mostly harmless

I like this cover of Christmas Eve/Sarajevo 12/24 (aka Carol of the Bells / God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen). The song was written by the Transiberian Orchestra, inspired by stories based on Vedran Smailovic (the Cellist of Sarajevo)

Old 12-19-2016, 04:23 PM   #13
Cheri

Cheri can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesCheri can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I believe in Father Christmas - Greg Lake - Ian Anderson

Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 06:00 PM   #14
Angel
no apologies for being me

Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!

All I Want For Christmas Is You
- by Mariah Carey

Make my wish come true
Baby all I want for Christmas is you
Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 09:19 PM   #15
LumpySmile

LumpySmile is a member of the 500 clubLumpySmile is a member of the 500 clubLumpySmile is a member of the 500 clubLumpySmile is a member of the 500 clubLumpySmile is a member of the 500 clubLumpySmile is a member of the 500 club

If you haven't seen this yet, (And it's been copied a LOT) it's really cute:

LumpySmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 10:22 PM   #16
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

TSO, Wizards in Winter.

Old 12-23-2016, 05:04 PM   #17
Angel

Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!

Santa Baby
- by Kellie Pickler

I've been an angel all year, Santa Baby,
So hurry down the chimney tonight.

Santa, honey, there's one thing I really do need ......
Old 12-24-2016, 07:00 AM   #18
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

More TSO: Siberian Sleigh Ride.

Old 12-24-2016, 09:34 AM   #19
Kristal

Kristal never has a post go unnoticedKristal never has a post go unnoticedKristal never has a post go unnoticedKristal never has a post go unnoticedKristal never has a post go unnoticedKristal never has a post go unnoticedKristal never has a post go unnoticed

Lindsey Stirling CMA Country Christmas 2015, Celtic Carol, Silent Night

Kristal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 08:15 PM   #20
Tad
mostly harmless

Old 12-24-2016, 10:11 PM   #21
Cheri

Cheri can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesCheri can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Jethro Tull - A Christmas Song

Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 01:59 AM   #22
Angel

Mary Did You Know
- by Kathy Mattea