Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Lounge

Old 08-19-2008, 08:34 AM   #26
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happenstance View Post
13. big, bad, sauce
Apple?

These are fun! I now find myself dreaming up new ones, I hope you don't mind, Pensta.

18. on, fair, boy

19. hoe, ground, up

(I hope there is only one solution to these, I've only come up with one but I could have missed something)
Old 08-19-2008, 08:45 AM   #27
PamelaLois
ILL-INI

PamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions community

My guess for #18 is Play
Play on, Fair Play, Playboy

Can I add a #20?

Break, Match, Petit

Last edited by PamelaLois; 08-19-2008 at 08:48 AM.
PamelaLois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 08:53 AM   #28
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaLois View Post
My guess for #18 is Play
Play on, Fair Play, Playboy
Not what I was thinking of, but that looks like a valid answer. I knew I'd be better at coming up with *a* combination than thinking of *all* combinations.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:37 AM   #29
Happenstance
Cautious Pessimist

Happenstance knows EXACTLY what's going onHappenstance knows EXACTLY what's going onHappenstance knows EXACTLY what's going onHappenstance knows EXACTLY what's going onHappenstance knows EXACTLY what's going onHappenstance knows EXACTLY what's going onHappenstance knows EXACTLY what's going on

Of course I don't mind if other people come up with these. In fact, I encourage it!

10 is wash, 13 is apple. 8 is not room.

We still have out:

8. green, tea, city (me)
13. rain, body, milk (me)
18. on, fair, boy (edx)
19. hoe, ground, up (edx)
20. break, match, petit (pamela)

and I will add:

21. operation, poison, league
22. out, folk, show
Old 08-19-2008, 11:42 AM   #30
alison.victoria

alison.victoria can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesalison.victoria can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesalison.victoria can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Of course I don't mind if other people come up with these. In fact, I encourage it!

10 is wash, 13 is apple. 8 is not room.

We still have out:

8. green, tea, city (me)
18. on, fair, boy (edx)

and I will add:

21. operation, poison, league
22. out, folk, show
Let's see... Is 21 ivy (I.V.)?

Is 19 dirty? Hahaha.
alison.victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 11:46 AM   #31
FreeThinker

FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:

8. green, tea, city
Light.

Quote:
22. out, folk, show
Tune (tune out, folk tune, show tune)

Cool game!
FreeThinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 11:47 AM   #32
Tad
mostly harmless

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by alison.victoria View Post
Let's see... Is 21 ivy (I.V.)?

Is 19 dirty? Hahaha.
Dirty-hoe? Heh, I suppose if you used synonyms.....but dirty-ground or ground-dirty just don't scan for me. So nope, keep trying!
Old 08-19-2008, 11:48 AM   #33
vardon_grip
Consistently smarmy

vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/

it does work
Old 08-19-2008, 11:49 AM   #34
alison.victoria

alison.victoria can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesalison.victoria can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesalison.victoria can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by edx View Post
Dirty-hoe? Heh, I suppose if you used synonyms.....but dirty-ground or ground-dirty just don't scan for me. So nope, keep trying!
LOL, I know. I did it mostly for dirty hoe. :P
alison.victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 11:50 AM   #35
FreeThinker

FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happenstance, but this one is from EdX View Post
Back.

*more words--post too short (this never happens to me!)*
Old 08-19-2008, 11:57 AM   #36
Tad
mostly harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeThinker View Post
Back.

*more words--post too short (this never happens to me!)*
Yep! (hey I need more words too...ditto on never needing this normally!)
Old 08-19-2008, 03:09 PM   #37
Happenstance
Cautious Pessimist

Happenstance knows EXACTLY what's going onHappenstance knows EXACTLY what's going onHappenstance knows EXACTLY what's going onHappenstance knows EXACTLY what's going onHappenstance knows EXACTLY what's going onHappenstance knows EXACTLY what's going onHappenstance knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Light. (green light, tea light, city light)

Tune (tune out, folk tune, show tune)
Oh no!
These are both good answers but neither is the one I had in mind!

I'll take light for #8 because I think it's a better answer, and concede that the word I had in mind was 'party' - Green Party, tea party, and Party City is the name of a party supply store that I made sure wasn't unique to my part of the world. Vardon, I see that 'city room' exists, but it looks like a very regional thing that people outside NYC wouldn't know about. Oh well, my fault, that was a bad one.

I'm leaving #22 because there is a better answer.

#21 is www.hotfattygirl.com. Erm, I mean Ivy.

Is #20 'point'?

18. on, fair, boy (edx)
22. out, folk, show (me)

We're running out... I promise to have more of these tomorrow morning.
Old 08-19-2008, 05:24 PM   #38
Happenstance
Cautious Pessimist

About #8 - what I should have written was 'green, tea, third', which would have removed a lot of ambiguity.

And #21 - Alison, I see you wrote Ivy (I.V.) which now I see is because I.V. would have gone with operation, sort of. However, just as an informative note to anyone browsing these, Operation Ivy was a set of nuclear bomb tests done by the U.S. which included the first hydrogen bomb, and also is the name of an influential ska-punk band named after the tests.

To go further with this, technically speaking, Operation should have been capitalized when I wrote out the puzzle to begin with. However, capitalization can sometimes give away the answer. So from here forward, I'm going to capitalize all the words, and suggest others do the same.

Now, gifts for everyone!

23. Soul, Band, Tree
24. Major, Scales, Knowledge
25. Family, Pain, We
26. Red, Robber, Davis
27. By, In, Ty
28. Story, Big, Fry
29. Home, Music, Monte
30. Uncle, Red, Puppets
Old 08-19-2008, 11:48 PM   #39
sprint45_45

sprint45_45 can now change their title

26. is barron

Lets go BILLS
sprint45_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 04:37 PM   #40
Happenstance
Cautious Pessimist

Baron is correct!

Come now, don't give up, fellow citizens!

13. rain, body, milk
18. on, fair, boy
20. break, match, petit
22. out, folk, show
23. Soul, Band, Tree
25. Family, Pain, We
27. By, In, Ty
28. Story, Big, Fry
29. Home, Music, Monte
30. Uncle, Red, Puppets
Old 08-20-2008, 04:45 PM   #41
FreeThinker

Quote:
18. on, fair, boy

25. Family, Pain, We

28. Story, Big, Fry
18. Game. Game on, fair game, Game Boy.

25. Royal. Royal family, royal pain, royal 'we'.

28. Fish. Fish story, big fish, fish fry.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:55 PM   #42
sprint45_45

20 is point break point, match point, petit point

Lets go BILLS
Old 08-20-2008, 09:10 PM   #43
PamelaLois
ILL-INI

PamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprint45_45 View Post
20 is point break point, match point, petit point
Point is correct. Give that man a lady in the balcony!
Old 08-20-2008, 09:22 PM   #44
sprint45_45

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaLois View Post
Point is correct. Give that man a lady in the balcony!
I doubled checked the last one using google, sorry. first two just made to much sense for last one not to be right.

Lets go BILLS
Old 08-20-2008, 09:49 PM   #45
Buffie
KittyBuffieKat

Location: Kansas City, MO (Most of KC is in Missouri and not Kansas, just FYI.)
Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
23. Soul, Band, Tree
I'm pretty sure it's rubber.
Sorry about not getting back to you on #7, but skin was the correct answer.

#31 - basket, upper, job

Hear the Twitter Patter of Little Tweets.
http://bit.ly/BuffieTweets
Buffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 04:11 AM   #46
BBW Betty
Made My Saving Throw

BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

22. out, folk, show tune?

"Be the change you want to see in the world." --Mahatma Gandhi
BBW Betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 05:54 AM   #47
Happenstance
Cautious Pessimist

Betty - Tune was guessed already, and isn't what I'm looking for. I don't like how 'folk tune' is too easily replaced with other words. Any other genre of music could be a tune, and any other synonym for song could be in the folk genre. But here you go, I changed one. Try again.

22. super, folk, show

Sprint, Pamela - hey, I guessed 'point' first, last page!

FreeThinker - 25 is royal, 28 is fish.

Buffie - 23 is rubber. Is 31 hand?

13. Rain, Body, Milk
22. Super, Folk, Show
27. By, In, Ty
29. Home, Music, Monte
30. Uncle, Red, Puppets
31. Basket, Upper, Job

...and a couple new ones from me!

32. Baby, Slave, Donald
33. Time, Head, Captain
Old 08-21-2008, 06:30 AM   #48
Tad
mostly harmless

Quote:
18. Game. Game on, fair game, Game Boy.
Ding-ding-ding!

I wonder if "game on!" is a Canadian term? (given that it is a fellow canuck who cracked this one)
Old 08-21-2008, 07:41 AM   #49
FreeThinker

Quote:

FreeThinker - 25 is royal, 28 is fish.
Woo-hoo!

Quote:
Ding-ding-ding!

I wonder if "game on!" is a Canadian term? (given that it is a fellow canuck who cracked this one)
I'm on FIRE!

(I kind of wondered about the possible Canadian-ness of that one too, Ed)

New Ones:

34. Good, Old, Socks

35. Man, Base, Minor
Old 08-21-2008, 08:19 AM   #50
Tad
mostly harmless

Quote:
Quote:
Woo-hoo!

(I kind of wondered about the possible Canadian-ness of that one too, Ed)
I _think_ they used it in Wayne's World, so I figured even if it was mostly Canadian it wouldn't be totally inaccessible to others.