Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Lounge

Old 04-08-2009, 07:45 AM   #1
Uriel
Nacho Ninja

Uriel never has a post go unnoticedUriel never has a post go unnoticedUriel never has a post go unnoticedUriel never has a post go unnoticedUriel never has a post go unnoticedUriel never has a post go unnoticedUriel never has a post go unnoticedUriel never has a post go unnoticed
Default What is making you SAD right now...

I'm not sure if there is a Sad thread, but I just looked through 5 pages, with no result.

Me: I just saw (On the news) that they found that 8-year old girl Sandra Cantu, stuffed in a suitcase and thrown in a pond. I didn't know her, and Tracey (Her home) is just one of those places along the Highway here you stop for gas, and never consider those who live there. I've been hoping and praying (And I'm not Religious, but what the heck) that, for once, they would find the child, not dead, not raped...just once a kid just got lost, you know?

I'm sitting here, crying my eyes out for this beautiful little girl who will never have the chance to know the thrill of a first kiss, or the pride of her first paycheck, or graduating from College, or having a baby of her own.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=7275611&page=1

Fuck, as I am sitting here, with the Today Show on, that poor girl in New York who was raped a few years ago, where the conductor in a train, and the attendant saw, but didn't rush to her aid...just came on the show, telling
her story.

Anyways, yeah, I'm sad, it'll pass for me, and I can rest a little easier, knowing that when they find the sick fuck who snuffed out this child's just-lit flame of life, that this is California, and we have the Death Penalty for shit like this. Although, with what happens when a Prison Population finds out about child molesters/murderers...maybe he/she/they will just get Life, though I think it will be a short one.

Fuck, I'm crying again.

Rest In Peace Sandra

Reborn in Fire and Pain... (shrug) It builds Character.
Uriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:25 AM   #2
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

gah.. thats just horrible and so sad.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:30 AM   #3
steely

steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

For the soldier who survived an ambush in Iraq,the only survivor.Two non-humans killed his dog.I can't call them people,young men.They had also been killing random dogs in the neighborhood"just for fun".

Now this soldier has lost his best friend and his service animal.

The heavens should weep for the loss of innocent life,human or animal.
steely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:34 AM   #4
cinnamitch
nope

cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!

yep just makes you stop and think about all the whining going on about petty things in life, when this is a child who will not even get that chance to complain about petty things.

Sometimes no matter how much you don't want to admit it, the world can be a totally sucking place and there are just some really evil people who just make you rethink humanity, and i hate that.

Last edited by cinnamitch; 04-08-2009 at 08:36 AM. Reason: i cut myself off mid sentence
cinnamitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 04:40 PM   #5
BigBawdyDame

BigBawdyDame can now change their title

I'm sad and distrubed that I can't seem to get over a man I've been dating for only two months. We got along incredibly, physically and mentally. But we wanted different things emotionally. I ended it this past Wednesday, but I feel like I'm drowning. I know I'm mourning, but I absolutely hate feeling like this. I wish I could either not think about him or think of him and not feel soul wrenching pain. My friends have all told me they never liked him. Not helping! lol I feel alone and so very, very sad. It doesn't help that he's already back on the web site which we met through looking for my replacement. Do men really move on that quickly?
Old 04-11-2009, 05:15 PM   #6
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Today is the anniversary of my Mom's death. Sad, mixed with remembering what I loved about her.
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 05:26 PM   #7
Violet_Beauregard

Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'm sorry you're feeling sad... may your mother rest in peace. It's good to remember what you loved about her. Thank goodness for those great memories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossystate View Post
Today is the anniversary of my Mom's death. Sad, mixed with remembering what I loved about her.
Violet_Beauregard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 05:29 PM   #8
TraciJo67
On Timeout

TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossystate View Post
Hugs to you ((((((( Mossy ))))))))
TraciJo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 05:37 PM   #9
Twilley

Twilley is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTwilley is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTwilley is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTwilley is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTwilley is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTwilley is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTwilley is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTwilley is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTwilley is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTwilley is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTwilley is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Coming home to a cold and empty room...
Twilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 05:43 PM   #10
Uriel
Nacho Ninja

Uriel never has a post go unnoticedUriel never has a post go unnoticedUriel never has a post go unnoticedUriel never has a post go unnoticedUriel never has a post go unnoticedUriel never has a post go unnoticedUriel never has a post go unnoticedUriel never has a post go unnoticed

A couple of things, but I'm probably better off as things stand.

Oh, and at least they caught someone in that murder or little Sandra, although folks are stunned that it is a woman, and a Sunday School teacher... and not some pervo child predator. Strange fucking World we live in...

Reborn in Fire and Pain... (shrug) It builds Character.
Uriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 06:32 PM   #11
Zoom
Rogue

Zoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dim Board
Hello Zoom it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?
This is saddening. I don't have anything important to say here that hasn't already been said by someone else, and even the board auto-knows it.

Do you REALLY want to hear what actually makes me sad? I somehow doubt that.
Zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 02:13 PM   #12
luscious_lulu
Boobzilla

luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

He is running away from me again. He's to afraid to take the chance and is not even going to try.

Breaks my heart...
Old 04-14-2009, 02:35 PM   #13
runningman

runningman is a member of the 500 clubrunningman is a member of the 500 clubrunningman is a member of the 500 clubrunningman is a member of the 500 clubrunningman is a member of the 500 clubrunningman is a member of the 500 club

Being made redundant and worrying about money is making me sad.

It also makes me sad that I should get sad over such trivial things in relation to some of the other horrible things mentioned on this thread.

"I'm a fatty so i love food" Fat and Proud

"Papa Johns should deliver ice cream as well as pizza. I would order pizza just for some Ben & Jerry's" Ashley
runningman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 02:37 PM   #14
JoyJoy

JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

One of our most prominent faculty members was taken off life support this afternoon and died shortly after. He had fallen and hit his head a little over a week ago and neglected to seek medical care right away, and had a bleed two days later, never to recover after surgery.

I've worked here for almost 4 years, and for the first 3 1/2 years, this man never gave me the time of day. He would stand in my office area, on the other side of a partition and make comments about how unattractive fat people were. At the Division holiday party this year, he struck up a conversation with me and we talked for a good 20 minutes. After that, he would make a point to inquire about me with other staff members, and would stop and say hello before morning rounds as he was getting his coffee and 2 or 3 gumdrops from the jar that one of my office mates would put out for him. His greeting was always "Good morning, Joy...are you making any money for us today?" and we'd joke for a minute or two before he went on his way. I felt a small triumph in the fact that this man, who was known for being gruff and a little surly, and who was obviously size-prejudiced, chose to respect me and seemingly overlook my size once he got to know me a bit. He will be missed.

JoyJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:23 PM   #15
1300 Class
Pam Poovey's Stunt Double

1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Rapidly coming to the realisation that I'm a totally incompetant hopeless prat whose wasted four years of their life at uni and can't get a job.
1300 Class is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 05:58 AM   #16
TraciJo67
On Timeout

TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Joy, I remember you talking about him, and I remember thinking that my response to his size-prejudice would have been to come down on him, hard, when he made a remark. You dealt with it in your own way, with dignity, and probably made a lot of headway in actually changing his thinking process. I'm sorry for the loss that your department now faces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyJoy View Post
One of our most prominent faculty members was taken off life support this afternoon and died shortly after. He had fallen and hit his head a little over a week ago and neglected to seek medical care right away, and had a bleed two days later, never to recover after surgery.

I've worked here for almost 4 years, and for the first 3 1/2 years, this man never gave me the time of day. He would stand in my office area, on the other side of a partition and make comments about how unattractive fat people were. At the Division holiday party this year, he struck up a conversation with me and we talked for a good 20 minutes. After that, he would make a point to inquire about me with other staff members, and would stop and say hello before morning rounds as he was getting his coffee and 2 or 3 gumdrops from the jar that one of my office mates would put out for him. His greeting was always "Good morning, Joy...are you making any money for us today?" and we'd joke for a minute or two before he went on his way. I felt a small triumph in the fact that this man, who was known for being gruff and a little surly, and who was obviously size-prejudiced, chose to respect me and seemingly overlook my size once he got to know me a bit. He will be missed.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:13 AM   #17
Wayne_Zitkus
Proud FA Since 1962

Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I haven't said anything about this yet here on Dims, but here goes.

Out of the blue, I was laid off last Tuesday. I'm 56 years old, and job hunting again. I had hoped to retire from that company in another decade or so....
Old 04-15-2009, 06:38 AM   #18
1300 Class

1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Don't you get at least notice Wayne? Are entitlements/pensions and stuff secure? I mean thats fucken' rough.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:36 AM   #19
TraciJo67
On Timeout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne_Zitkus View Post

Out of the blue, I was laid off last Tuesday. I'm 56 years old, and job hunting again. I had hoped to retire from that company in another decade or so....
I'm sorry to hear that, Wayne. I hope that you got a decent severance package, and that you find another job soon.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:42 AM   #20
HDANGEL15
GREATFUL

HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australian Lord View Post
Rapidly coming to the realisation that I'm a totally incompetant hopeless prat whose wasted four years of their life at uni and can't get a job.
AL..if you were at uni for four years, I highly doubt that you are INCOMPETENT!! I have no idea what the job market is like in AU, but I waited over 8 months to settle for jobs paying less then 1/2 of what I was earlier...I am working 2 jobs paying an embarrassing hourly rate (for my years of experience) but I am very grateful to at last have not 1, but 2 jobs to get up in the morning for, and thirdly I house sit / dog walk also, which is MUCH more fun!!!
Old 04-15-2009, 07:45 AM   #21
SamanthaNY
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne_Zitkus View Post

I'm sorry to hear it, truly. It's scary for over-40s (is it more so for over-50s?) to job search in the current climate, but hopefully other employers in your field will recognize your experience and offer some good options.
SamanthaNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:45 PM   #22
steely

steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

The people who own the property next to mine have sold it and they're cutting down the forest
steely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 06:51 PM   #23
Wayne_Zitkus
Proud FA Since 1962

Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australian Lord View Post
Don't you get at least notice Wayne? Are entitlements/pensions and stuff secure? I mean thats fucken' rough.
No notice at all. About an hour after I got into work, my manager called me into his office and gave me the bad news. They wouldn'e even let me take any of my personal items with me - instead, my mamager escorted me down to HR and our admin packed everything up in my office. Everyone who was laid off had to come back on Friday afternoon to pick up our stuff.

I got one week's pay for every year I had been with the company. That ammounts to two weeks' pay, which they will mail to me next week. No word yet on what's happening with my pension.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:33 PM   #24
furious styles
goodbye halcyon days

furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!

http://dimensionsmagazine.com/forums...ad.php?t=57076

I wish there was a board called: Let's Just All Be Fucking Honest With Each Other For Five Minutes.
furious styles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:42 PM   #25
1300 Class

Quote:
No notice at all. About an hour after I got into work, my manager called me into his office and gave me the bad news. They wouldn'e even let me take any of my personal items with me - instead, my mamager escorted me down to HR and our admin packed everything up in my office. Everyone who was laid off had to come back on Friday afternoon to pick up our stuff.

I got one week's pay for every year I had been with the company. That ammounts to two weeks' pay, which they will mail to me next week. No word yet on what's happening with my pension.
Theres not much justice left in the world.

Tags
sad, unhappy