Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Lounge

Old 10-10-2016, 01:07 PM   #8501
Sculptor

Sculptor carries a lot of weight on this boardSculptor carries a lot of weight on this boardSculptor carries a lot of weight on this boardSculptor carries a lot of weight on this boardSculptor carries a lot of weight on this boardSculptor carries a lot of weight on this board

I turned the tables on a phone call from my mom and actually won a rousing game of "Guess Who Died." If you've never been sucked into this game, it's because you're not yet 30 yrs old.
Sculptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 07:43 PM   #8502
Sculptor

Sculptor carries a lot of weight on this boardSculptor carries a lot of weight on this boardSculptor carries a lot of weight on this boardSculptor carries a lot of weight on this boardSculptor carries a lot of weight on this boardSculptor carries a lot of weight on this board

Helped one of my staff members plan a party for her hub's bday the rest of the day was all nose to the stone
Sculptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 07:59 AM   #8503
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I’ve been making some changes to my morning routine, and so far I seem to be successful on two out of three goals: getting more consistent about doing a few exercises in the morning and eating my breakfast just a little bit later so that I’m that little bit less hungry by lunch time.

So far I've not actually succeeded at getting out of the door the five to ten minutes earlier that I wanted to achieve, but that may take either a little more preparation the evening before, or more desire to go to my job.
Old 11-18-2016, 05:03 PM   #8504
Pattie Vincent

Pattie Vincent can now change their title

Happy and excited that it will snow tomorrow!!!!
Pattie Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 06:15 AM   #8505
ODFFA
Ainsi sera...

ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!

A little cryptic, but.... I'm happy to see that people have spoken up. Even though it took some time and (perhaps because) I didn't feel I had the strength to myself.
Old 11-26-2016, 11:29 PM   #8506
DianaSSBBW

DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

After having to set my alarm for 4 AM on Friday and 6 AM on Saturday, really HAPPY that my alarm will be set for 9 AM for Sunday.
DianaSSBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 09:16 PM   #8507
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My wife is an amazing Mom to our son, but after he was born she seemed to lose some of the whimsy that had been part of her character. Now that he is in University and hanging in there OK, it feels like she's rediscovering some of those less focused, more silly, sides to herself. So that is a general happy ....

.... leading to the specific. On an impulse she ordered this skirt. It came in today, she was eager to show it to me, and is making plans to wear it to a couple of Christmas season events. I can see that she has a bit of an internal war still between 'I shouldn't have spent the money on something so silly for myself' versus 'I'm really glad I did this, it is just so silly and fun!" But overall, the happy side is winning.

And yes the skirt is silly, but honestly it looks kind of cool on her -- I think it works better in 2X than on the thinner model on the web site. And that is another happy, not so long ago she might have gotten turned off of it after taking measurements and realizing she'd have to order a 2X, but she doesn't seem to have been bothered at all, so maybe gaining a little more peace with her body too?

So all sorts of happys for me, all linked together
Old 12-06-2016, 03:47 PM   #8508
Raindancer

Raindancer has said some nice things

I've read a big and very useful article about healthy eating
Old 12-06-2016, 06:12 PM   #8509
socrates74

socrates74 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokessocrates74 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Moments ago I stopped being unhappy.
socrates74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 08:03 AM   #8510
Tad
mostly harmless

My company had a kind of meh Christmas party this year, lunch at a restaurant and a few drink ticket – but at least we got the afternoon off. Anyway the happy is following up on my post a few up the thread; wife wore the light up star skirt, and people loved it – a couple took pictures as one of the highlights of the party. Also interesting to me, in terms of her feelings about her body, is that when people asked her about batteries, a few times she pulled up her top and pulled down the skirt enough to show the battery pack, incidentally showing a fair slice of belly & hip.

By the time we left it was getting dark outside and she had kept it on, and we just missed a bus so were hanging around downtown for an extra fifteen minutes and she got several comments from complete strangers who loved it – and this really doesn’t happen much in Ottawa which tends to be a pretty reserved city. One lady even asked if she could take a picture as she wanted to work on making something like that herself (we told her where Wife bought it, but I guess this lady is the crafty type). It was a lot of fun!

She also realized that, given that it is just pull on with an elastic waist, and not too long, come better weather again she could pull it on over shorts when biking at night to really make sure she was seen!
Old 12-13-2016, 01:05 PM   #8511
BigCutieFleur

BigCutieFleur makes people happy simply by logging inBigCutieFleur makes people happy simply by logging inBigCutieFleur makes people happy simply by logging inBigCutieFleur makes people happy simply by logging inBigCutieFleur makes people happy simply by logging inBigCutieFleur makes people happy simply by logging inBigCutieFleur makes people happy simply by logging inBigCutieFleur makes people happy simply by logging inBigCutieFleur makes people happy simply by logging in

My guinea pig is relaxed when she sleeps on me.
She's so cute!
BigCutieFleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 02:43 PM   #8512
Tad
mostly harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
My company had a kind of meh Christmas party this year, lunch at a restaurant and a few drink ticket – but at least we got the afternoon off. Anyway the happy is following up on my post a few up the thread; wife wore the light up star skirt, and people loved it – a couple took pictures as one of the highlights of the party. Also interesting to me, in terms of her feelings about her body, is that when people asked her about batteries, a few times she pulled up her top and pulled down the skirt enough to show the battery pack, incidentally showing a fair slice of belly & hip.

By the time we left it was getting dark outside and she had kept it on, and we just missed a bus so were hanging around downtown for an extra fifteen minutes and she got several comments from complete strangers who loved it – and this really doesn’t happen much in Ottawa which tends to be a pretty reserved city. One lady even asked if she could take a picture as she wanted to work on making something like that herself (we told her where Wife bought it, but I guess this lady is the crafty type). It was a lot of fun!

She also realized that, given that it is just pull on with an elastic waist, and not too long, come better weather again she could pull it on over shorts when biking at night to really make sure she was seen!
I didn't think to get any pictures, but a co-worker got one of her with the one guy who found a very Christmasy outfit, so briefly here it is.
Old 12-25-2016, 09:49 PM   #8513
Ho Ho Tai

Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default I'm happy . . .

. . . about so many things I can't begin to relate them in one post, but that won't keep me from posting other tear-jerkers later.

Tonight, my local son and his family (including four of my grandchildren) came over to celebrate Christmas. I had explained earlier that this year would be somewhat different. Rather than showering the kids with expensive presents, we used the money to buy a substantial quantity of soup mixes from North Bay Trading (a N.A. company originally set u to market wild rice, picked by local indigenous people) and had it sent to the local Dorothy Day shelter and kitchen. We prepared the same soups for the family. The kids understood, and accepted, the message. I told them that they were contributors too, and because of that, quite a few people would be sheltered and would have a warm meal to sustain them.

Of course, our soup meal was augmented with such things as apple pie and ice cream, so the kids didn't suffer too much.

I mentioned to them that, in addition to i-phones and i-pads, there are also i-gifts, given from the heart with an understanding of the needs of the recipient. Such gifts work both ways. A gift from your heart doesn't empty your heart, but fills it even fuller.

"Well, in Whoville they say – that the Grinch’s small heart grew three sizes that day. And then – the true meaning of Christmas came through, and the Grinch found the strength of*ten Grinches, plus two!"

I leave you with this quote from The Christmas Carol:

"“There are many things from which I might have derived good, by which I have not profited, I dare say,' returned the nephew. 'Christmas among the rest. But I am sure I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round—apart from the veneration due to its sacred name and origin, if anything belonging to it can be apart from that—as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable, pleasant time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow-passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys. And therefore, uncle, though it has never put a scrap of gold or silver in my pocket, I believe that it has done me good, and will do me good; and I say, God bless it!”
Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

"The greatest wisdom: Love and Laughter, Inter-twined."
Ho Ho Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 09:32 AM   #8514
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

My husband brought home an extra wide, extra sturdy swiveling office chair on wheels (his office is being remodeled, employees could scavenge the outdated stuff from storage). This morning I figured out that if I have it in the kitchen, I can sit on it, and push off from the corner of the cabinets with my feet and spin myself around super fast. So. Much. Fun!
Old 12-31-2016, 05:59 PM   #8515
CPProp
Clockwork - wind me up

CPProp has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CPProp has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CPProp has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CPProp has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CPProp has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CPProp has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CPProp has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CPProp has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CPProp has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CPProp has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CPProp has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

It's the first day of a brand new year with all new shiney aims and desires
Old 02-03-2017, 01:54 PM   #8516
Iannathedriveress
Random Heroine

Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I just got my name legally changed.
Iannathedriveress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 02:24 PM   #8517
AmyJo1976
Corpulently Content

AmyJo1976 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmyJo1976 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmyJo1976 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmyJo1976 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmyJo1976 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmyJo1976 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmyJo1976 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmyJo1976 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmyJo1976 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmyJo1976 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmyJo1976 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iannathedriveress View Post
Good for you!
AmyJo1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 03:36 PM   #8518
Leem
Leem

Leem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iannathedriveress View Post
Happy for you.
Leem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 09:59 PM   #8519
Pattie Vincent

Pattie Vincent can now change their title

That my family are here with me... both happy and healthy.
Pattie Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 07:33 AM   #8520
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

I found my set of china while cleaning out the garage, in preparation for moving later this year. I thought that it, like everything else of value, had "disappeared" from my parents' house before my mom's siblings gave me the keys after I inherited it. But for whatever reason, it was still there and got brought over here and stored when I sold the house and had to empty the remaining items. I guess since it was wrapped up in ratty old newspaper, inside a dirty old box, it got overlooked during the looting and pillaging. This weekend, I'll unbox it, see what's there, clean it, and pack it back up properly.

It's not really valuable, but when I was a baby, the bank my parents used had a promotion, where you got a piece of china every time you made a deposit into a savings account. So she collected a set for me to have when I grew up. It's pretty though, the pattern is "teahouse rose". And replacement pieces are plentiful and affordable online. So I can complete my set.
Old 03-02-2017, 04:47 PM   #8521
LumpySmile

LumpySmile never has a post go unnoticedLumpySmile never has a post go unnoticedLumpySmile never has a post go unnoticedLumpySmile never has a post go unnoticedLumpySmile never has a post go unnoticedLumpySmile never has a post go unnoticedLumpySmile never has a post go unnoticedLumpySmile never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracyarts View Post
replacement pieces are plentiful and affordable online. So I can complete my set.
That alone is worth being happy about!
LumpySmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 09:20 PM   #8522
LumpySmile

LumpySmile never has a post go unnoticedLumpySmile never has a post go unnoticedLumpySmile never has a post go unnoticedLumpySmile never has a post go unnoticedLumpySmile never has a post go unnoticedLumpySmile never has a post go unnoticedLumpySmile never has a post go unnoticedLumpySmile never has a post go unnoticed

Cheap mistint paint color I like with real true ONE coat coverage!!!
Old 03-06-2017, 08:48 AM   #8523
Tad
mostly harmless

At the university my son is attending the union covering the contract lecturers and teaching assistants was set to go on strike today. They had the picket lines set up at the entrances to the university, all the warnings about traffic and transit disruptions were on the radio -- then in the 7am news it was announced that they'd just come to agreement on a new contract, the strike was off, the picket lines were going away, etc.

I'm glad my son isn't going to have to put up with that disruption! (and I hope that those poor people got a somewhat better deal. Under the old contract a contract lecturer -- that generally means they have a PhD -- with a full teaching load was apparently only making something like $30k a year).
Old 03-07-2017, 02:28 PM   #8524
LumpySmile

Education is the craziest industry... Requires master's/phd's to earn half what a plumber earns a year.
Old 03-07-2017, 02:49 PM   #8525
Tad
mostly harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by LumpySmile View Post
Education is the craziest industry... Requires master's/phd's to earn half what a plumber earns a year.
Supply and demand in part, I think. And of course if you actually manage to become a tenured professor you will be quite comfortable, and if you can bring in extra research funding or license some of your research, etc, some of them do very well for themselves indeed. But for sure below the tenured professor level it is a pure mill, where they grind them down and see who keeps coming back for more (or sure seems that way)

Also a couple of overdue happies:

Despite all three of us being sick in varying degrees and ways and son have a mid-term that evening, we got off to see a concert on Friday that we'd bought son tickets for as a Christmas present. And it was good and we all had an excellent time. So glad that we pulled ourselves together to go!

There is a two-week long music festival in town each Summer, and this year there was a fair number of acts that various of the family want to go see (Muse, Melissa Etheridge, 50 Cent, A Tribe Called Red, Death From Above 1979, July Talk, Tegan & Sarah, Pink, Sam Roberts....), and wife pulled off her usual on-line magic and managed to snag the cheapest passes for all of us (they sell so many at the lowest price, then some more at a higher price, then more at a higher price, etc). Still adds up to enough, but worth it for how many shows I think we'll be going to

Tags
happy