Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Lounge

Old 06-30-2009, 11:46 PM   #26
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMellie View Post
Twilight - 4/10

About what I expected.
mmmm Twilight (7/10 for me)
thatgirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:37 AM   #27
StarWitness
part square, part drape

StarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Helvetica: The story of a typeface, and a wider exploration of typography-- and design in general.

I love documentaries about random shit like this. This one was incredibly well done-- it was certainly one of the better-styled documentaries I've seen, appropriately enough-- but it didn't hold me rapt the way similar docs have. I found some of the interviewees to be off-putting. Still very interesting, and worth watching-- and now I'm looking for Helvetica everywhere. 7/10

I've always been a guy with a sweet tooth, and that girl's just like a king-size candy bar...
--Sleater-Kinney
StarWitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:45 PM   #28
Fallenangel2904
Fat Fashionista

Fallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging in

Some movies I've seen within the last few months that I've enjoyed...

My sister's keeper- 8/10 The acting was great. Cameron Diaz did a great job. Its a tear jerker for sure. I went with a friend who read the book and she didn't like it because she read the book and said they changed it too much. I suppose if you didn't read the book you would enjoy it more (I didn't read the book either) If you did read the book, you may have a completely different reaction.

The Reader- 10/10 This is one hell of a movie! The acting is amazing- Kate did outstanding! A bit slow at times, but it fits the movie. Just an amazing movie- deserved all the hype it got.

The other end of the line- 8.5/10 I thought this movie was really cute. Romantic, funny and sweet. Jesse Metcalf (Used to be on Desperate Housewives) was in this and I thought what the heck. It was cute if you like sappy romantic comedies (My fav lol)

Revolutionary Road- 9.5/10 The acting was marvelous by all. Leo and Kate have amazing chemistry together.

Eternal Sunshine of the spotless mind- 10/10 Did I mention I love Kate Winslet? lol Totally and utterly blown away by this movie! Jim Carey and Kate Winslet did an outstanding job!! This is a MUST watch! Seriously!
Fallenangel2904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 04:07 PM   #29
thejuicyone
Juicy Juice

thejuicyone makes people happy simply by logging inthejuicyone makes people happy simply by logging inthejuicyone makes people happy simply by logging inthejuicyone makes people happy simply by logging inthejuicyone makes people happy simply by logging inthejuicyone makes people happy simply by logging inthejuicyone makes people happy simply by logging inthejuicyone makes people happy simply by logging in

Valkyrie - 5/10

I just couldn't get into it. I kept looking at the clock wondering when it was going to end.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~Brandi

Last edited by thejuicyone; 07-01-2009 at 04:10 PM.
thejuicyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 05:50 PM   #30
Fatgirlfan

Fatgirlfan does more than just post hot picsFatgirlfan does more than just post hot picsFatgirlfan does more than just post hot pics

Year 1--7/10 cute, had some good jokes and some foolish ones. Jack Black is great. Crappy ending with a stupid speech to the crowd.

The Taking of Pelham 123---5/10 very implausable in many parts of the movie. Not even an all star cast can rescue this dog.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:06 PM   #31
CAMellie
Gabriel Spencer

CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Juno - 10/10

Charming
CAMellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 06:20 PM   #32
Hathor
stolen child

Hathor does more than just post hot picsHathor does more than just post hot picsHathor does more than just post hot pics

"The Jane Austen Book Club"..... 7/10

It was a nice movie revolving about a group of women who were spending one month on each Jane Austen book before discussing it. Their lives paralleled the book they all happened to be reading. Emily Blunt ("My Summer Of Love" and "The Devil Wears Prada") was in it and she did an outstanding job.
Hathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 06:23 PM   #33
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarWitness View Post
Helvetica: The story of a typeface, and a wider exploration of typography-- and design in general.

I love documentaries about random shit like this. This one was incredibly well done-- it was certainly one of the better-styled documentaries I've seen, appropriately enough-- but it didn't hold me rapt the way similar docs have. I found some of the interviewees to be off-putting. Still very interesting, and worth watching-- and now I'm looking for Helvetica everywhere. 7/10
I had the same reaction after seeing it. I started looking for the font everywhere. I agree, there were some moments where it kind of lagged, but it was very interesting nonetheless. I'd also give it a 7/10.

The last few movies I've seen were:

Diabolique, the version from 1955. It was quite suspenseful and I didn't see the ending coming at all. I was literally on the edge of my seat. 9/10.

The Hangover - funny as hell. I laughed so hard I had a headache afterwards. I didn't think it would be that funny, so I'm glad I went to see it. Plus the closing credits are . If anyone goes to see it, stay thru the credits. 9/10.

North by Northwest - I've seen this movie before, but it had been a while, and I found myself laughing at the jokes and really enjoying the witty banter between Cary Grant and Eva Marie Saint. This movie holds up really really well. 9/10.
olwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 07:10 PM   #34
mel
This is My year!..again:)

mel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

The devils rejects by rob zombie

I give it a 9.5..I love this kinda stuff

"Do I see sheets of plastic in your future?"
mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:50 PM   #35
CAMellie
Gabriel Spencer

CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!

The Reaping - 6/10
Old 07-08-2009, 09:09 PM   #36
mejix
meh

mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

public enemies- 4.0 /10

a huuuuuuuuuge disappointment. some good sequences but for the most part awful.
mejix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:32 PM   #37
CAMellie
Gabriel Spencer

Night At The Museum - 6/10

Very cute
Old 07-09-2009, 06:43 PM   #38
PamelaLois
ILL-INI

PamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by mejix View Post
public enemies- 4.0 /10

a huuuuuuuuuge disappointment. some good sequences but for the most part awful.
I just saw this the other day, and I can't disagree more. I really liked it, would probably give it a 7/10. I think Johnny Depp is so versatile.

Also, saw The Proposal today, 6.5/10. Funny, enjoyable, got in for free so it was worth the money I paid for it.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:47 PM   #39
Hathor
stolen child

Hathor does more than just post hot picsHathor does more than just post hot picsHathor does more than just post hot pics

Bridget Jones: The Edge Of Reason

10/10!!!!!

I love Bridget Jones! haha She's my fave modern heroine.
Hathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 08:07 PM   #40
comaseason
Housewares

comaseason makes people happy simply by logging incomaseason makes people happy simply by logging incomaseason makes people happy simply by logging incomaseason makes people happy simply by logging incomaseason makes people happy simply by logging incomaseason makes people happy simply by logging incomaseason makes people happy simply by logging incomaseason makes people happy simply by logging incomaseason makes people happy simply by logging incomaseason makes people happy simply by logging in

Very Young Girls 9/10

Very horrifying documentary about underage (12yo-16yo) prostitution in NYC.

http://comaseason.deviantart.com/
comaseason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 08:31 PM   #41
thejuicyone
Juicy Juice

thejuicyone makes people happy simply by logging inthejuicyone makes people happy simply by logging inthejuicyone makes people happy simply by logging inthejuicyone makes people happy simply by logging inthejuicyone makes people happy simply by logging inthejuicyone makes people happy simply by logging inthejuicyone makes people happy simply by logging inthejuicyone makes people happy simply by logging in

American Gangster - 8/10

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~Brandi
thejuicyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:17 PM   #42
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

Red Hot American Summer - 5/10 I was disappointed.
olwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:22 PM   #43
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Arranged

It was a very good movie that looked at the lives of two young women and their lives as their parents are setting about to arrange their marriages. The movie made a point of the unlikelihood of their friendship being that one is an Orthodox Jewish woman and the other is Muslim. They become friends through work and talking about their problems with the arranged marriage process. It was a really good movie.
I'd give this 8/10 stars.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:26 AM   #44
pjbbwlvr

pjbbwlvr has super-sized reppjbbwlvr has super-sized reppjbbwlvr has super-sized reppjbbwlvr has super-sized reppjbbwlvr has super-sized rep
Thumbs up

Miracle at St. Anna
I give it a 7 out of 10
It was a bit too long but worth seeing!
Old 07-10-2009, 03:40 PM   #45
steve-aka

steve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarWitness View Post

I saw this doc about a year of so ago and I agree with your assessment of it. It was interesting in parts but on a whole it didn't have the lasting power of, say, Spellbound or The King of Kong.
steve-aka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 03:49 PM   #46
george83
DADDY IN A DRESS

george83 makes people happy simply by logging ingeorge83 makes people happy simply by logging ingeorge83 makes people happy simply by logging ingeorge83 makes people happy simply by logging ingeorge83 makes people happy simply by logging ingeorge83 makes people happy simply by logging ingeorge83 makes people happy simply by logging ingeorge83 makes people happy simply by logging ingeorge83 makes people happy simply by logging ingeorge83 makes people happy simply by logging in

Bruno - I'd say it was even better than the fantastic Borat, so many laugh out loud moments, which you know you should not be laughing at cos its so so wrong.

If your a fan of Borat you will love this movie.

8/10
Old 07-10-2009, 03:57 PM   #47
steve-aka

steve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going on
Default Get Carter!

Just saw Get Carter last night (the original) and I must say I was fairly blown away. Michael Caine was in top form in an elliptically drawn study of revenge in the underworld of 1960s Britain. The film is deliberately Delphic in its delivery as well as unapologetically brutal, which is especially daring for its time. In fact, I felt that Scorsese may have been influenced a bit by its tone, carrying it over to Mean Streets and Taxi Driver. And it also seems to have been an influential flick for Tarantino as well. (But what movie of this ilk hasn't been an influence on him?) My wife also said it reminded her of the writings of Patricia Highsmith.

So, if you're in the mood for a dark, brutal story with excellent acting that doesn't hold your hand nor insult your intelligence then I highly recommend this fine film. I rate it 9.5/10.
steve-aka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 03:58 PM   #48
BeastofBurden.

BeastofBurden. can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesBeastofBurden. can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Jarhead -9/10 just saw it for the first time last night

Appaloosa - 8/10 pretty good movie...has its slow parts but overall good

Gran Torino - 8.5/10 just like every other Clint Eastwood movie lol
BeastofBurden. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 04:00 PM   #49
steely

steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Taken 7/10 Lots of good pounding.
steely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 04:02 PM   #50
tootsmendozer

tootsmendozer can now change their title

nick and noras infinite playlist 8/10
i really like mike cera and kat dennings is a beauty! such lovely pale skin and red lips! the movie is great, sweet funny charming and very well put together with a great sound track heh made me smile inside

Tags
movies, rate