Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Lounge

Old 07-10-2009, 04:10 PM   #51
Fatgirlfan

Fatgirlfan does more than just post hot picsFatgirlfan does more than just post hot picsFatgirlfan does more than just post hot pics

Star Trek---9/10 A fun movie with good special effects and action. I was surprised at how good the movie was.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:11 PM   #52
tootsmendozer

tootsmendozer can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatgirlfan View Post
Star Trek---9/10 A fun movie with good special effects and action. I was surprised at how good the movie was.
this

the move really created its own different yet familiar universe was great
Old 07-11-2009, 10:57 PM   #53
pdgujer148
Breakfast Messiah

pdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Bruno |8/10|

Simple: If you hated "Borat" you are going to hate this as well; don't bother.

Everyone else is in for some wicked social satire.
pdgujer148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 11:51 PM   #54
scorpioinco
What's meant to be, will

scorpioinco can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesscorpioinco can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesscorpioinco can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

My best friend's girl

Meh had it's moments of over the top humor but overall a 5/10. On a side note, wtf is up with dane cook's jawline? Just me or is it kinda wtf?
Old 07-12-2009, 12:01 AM   #55
pdesil071189

pdesil071189 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokespdesil071189 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokespdesil071189 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Smile Pretty Good

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

I Give its a 9.5 It was action packed and quite funny. Quite Dramatic too
Old 07-12-2009, 05:23 PM   #56
EllorionsDarlingAngel
Loving my lil Princess!

EllorionsDarlingAngel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EllorionsDarlingAngel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EllorionsDarlingAngel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EllorionsDarlingAngel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EllorionsDarlingAngel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EllorionsDarlingAngel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EllorionsDarlingAngel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EllorionsDarlingAngel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EllorionsDarlingAngel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EllorionsDarlingAngel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EllorionsDarlingAngel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Passengers

I like it! Had a twist which kept you think the whole time..
9/10
Old 07-14-2009, 07:56 AM   #57
debz-aka
What does this thing do?

debz-aka can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesdebz-aka can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Christ in Concrete
US release name Give Us This Day
An amazing film made in the late 1940s which deals with Italian Immigrants who work construction. Way ahead of it's time! You can definitely tell that Martin Scorsese was influenced by this film.
9 out of 10!
Dark and gritty but amazing.

http://www.nouterusnojobnoproblem.blogspot.com
debz-aka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 08:56 PM   #58
DeniseW
Fat don't crack!!

DeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions community

another nod for Bruno!! I loved it, Butch not so much but I laughed so hard I thought I was going to hyperventilate!! Sacha Baron Cohen is genius!!

8/10
Old 07-14-2009, 09:23 PM   #59
CAMellie
Gabriel Spencer

CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!

X-Men Origins: Wolverine - 8/10

The eye candy alone made it well worth watching. Mmmmmmm....Hugh Jackman and Ryan Reynolds.
CAMellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 10:01 PM   #60
Rowan
wickedly delicious

Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

The Proposal...

It wasnt too bad..id give it a 6

פפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפ

~*~And I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had
~*~
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 03:57 PM   #61
Maxx Awesome
Sings like a Monster Baby

Maxx Awesome never has a post go unnoticedMaxx Awesome never has a post go unnoticedMaxx Awesome never has a post go unnoticedMaxx Awesome never has a post go unnoticedMaxx Awesome never has a post go unnoticedMaxx Awesome never has a post go unnoticedMaxx Awesome never has a post go unnoticed

Bruno again. May seem a tad pretentious to give it 7.5/10, but I enjoyed it too much to give it 7, not enough for an 8...
Anyway... Dongs. If you like cock, this movie was MADE for you!
*Waits for 10 zillion gay jokes...*
Maxx Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 05:00 PM   #62
Donna
wait...what?

Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Star Trek: definitely a 9 out of 10. Great effects, and they really captured the essence of many of the original characters.

Angels & Demons: 9 out of 10 as well...the DaVinci Code on speed. I think Hanks's character's job is the most awesome job ever. I would love to do what he does.
Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:53 AM   #63
Jigen

Jigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna View Post
Star Trek: definitely a 9 out of 10. Great effects, and they really captured the essence of many of the original characters.
I Quote.
The last movie I saw was "Signore e Signori Buonanotte". I'd give a 6-7 for the ability to incarnate the worst flaws in Italian behaviours, especially in our politicians and highest priests.
Sappho, VI century BC
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jigen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 06:55 PM   #64
PamelaLois
ILL-INI

PamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince 8.5/10. Great effects, definitely moved the story along, but they left out way way too much.
Old 07-17-2009, 02:03 PM   #65
tootsmendozer

tootsmendozer can now change their title

dragonball evolution.
-100,000,000,000,000,000,000/10

worst movie i have ever seen im a great dragonball fan and they changed so much that didnt need to be changed.
there was no charactorization teh acting was awful the effects were awful it was all awful.
now to fetch the brain bleach
Old 07-17-2009, 02:23 PM   #66
Blackjack
Fupa Troopa

Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootsmendozer View Post
dragonball evolution.
That's WAY under 9000.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:39 PM   #67
CAMellie
Gabriel Spencer

CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!

The House Bunny - 0/10

Obviously, I was bored and nothing else was on...not even an infomercial
CAMellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 11:42 PM   #68
steve-aka

steve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMellie View Post
The House Bunny - 0/10

Obviously, I was bored and nothing else was on...not even an infomercial
That is freakin' hilarious! It reminds me of a movie ratings system my friend and I once worked out that wasn't based on a number or star system but on real-world activities:

-See it in the theater for full price on opening night.

-See it in the theater for full price on opening weekend.

-See it in the theater at a bargain matinee on opening weekend.

-See it in the theater at a bargain matinee after it's been out for a few weeks.

-Wait for video.

-Watch it on TV only if nothing else is on.

-Watch it only if you had a stroke and became paralyzed whilst watching TV and couldn't move and it just happened to come on while you lay there in agony.
steve-aka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 12:58 AM   #69
Jigen

Jigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootsmendozer View Post
dragonball evolution.

worst movie i have ever seen
I had this impression, seeing from the trailers... I hope this convince anyone not to make a Saint Seiya live action, as I heard.
Sappho, VI century BC
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jigen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 02:53 AM   #70
Cleofatra_74
Bite Me! :p

Cleofatra_74 carries a lot of weight on this boardCleofatra_74 carries a lot of weight on this boardCleofatra_74 carries a lot of weight on this boardCleofatra_74 carries a lot of weight on this boardCleofatra_74 carries a lot of weight on this boardCleofatra_74 carries a lot of weight on this board

The Secret Life Of Bees was amazing
Old 07-19-2009, 10:05 AM   #71
Carrie

Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

B13 (French title: Banlieue 13), a Luc Besson story, in French w/subtitles. Not an excellent film by any means, but for action buffs like myself, it was a very fun ride. In Paris 2010, the worst public housing areas have been walled off from the rest of the city and are crime and drug-ridden, and completely unpoliced. District 13, or B13, is the worst of them. There is some silly plot about a neutron bomb, but essentially, one of the main characters is Leito, a B13 native, who fights the criminals in his district (and in the process becomes a criminal himself) and dreams of making B13 decent again. The other main character is a police officer, Damien Tomasso, from Paris proper, who is sent into B13 with Leito to defuse the bomb. The bomb is being held captive by the very evil Taha. So think "Escape from New York" meets "48 Hours", but with a simple, tight story, very fun and exciting action sequences, and extensive use of a discipline called "Parkour", which will leave you in awe of the human body. A very entertaining 90 minutes. 7.5 stars.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:56 PM   #72
Suze
Too Vanilla For You

Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx Awesome View Post
*Waits for 10 zillion gay jokes...*
they don't seem to cum.

hee hee! ham on!
Suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 04:28 PM   #73
Blackjack
Fupa Troopa

Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Just finished Seven Samurai (four sittings this time )... it's an absolute masterpiece. 10/10
Old 07-19-2009, 04:56 PM   #74
steve-aka

steve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack View Post
Just finished Seven Samurai (four sittings this time )... it's an absolute masterpiece. 10/10
That's one of my ALL-TIME favorite movies! Masterpiece, indeed! Now I wanna see it again. Luckily I own the Criterion edition of it on DVD.
steve-aka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 09:21 PM   #75
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

I've never ever finished watching Seven Samurai. Just can't seem to get thru it.

I saw 500 days of Summer today and I loved it. 8/10. I only give it an eight for the mildly disappointing soundtrack. Too many Regina Spektor songs. I like Regina Spektor, but in this movie it was just overkill. As for the rest of it, it was funny and quirky and touching. I'd see it again.
olwen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
movies, rate