Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Lounge

Old 06-10-2009, 03:09 PM   #26
The Orange Mage
♓ Fishy Pisces! ♓

The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!

Still playing a bunch of twos:
  • Skate 2,
  • Rock Band 2,
  • Slaves to Armok: God of Blood Chapter II: Dwarf Fortress,
  • Team Fortress 2

and been taking part in the Xbox's 1 vs. 100 beta test.
The Orange Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 08:16 PM   #27
RayanamiNGE
Artist seeking a muse

RayanamiNGE does more than just post hot picsRayanamiNGE does more than just post hot picsRayanamiNGE does more than just post hot picsRayanamiNGE does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Skellington View Post
Just read that EverQuest turns 10 this year. Anybody get into that? I've only played the Champions of Norrath PS2 spin offs.
*shiverz* EverCrack....

I never played the official PC versions, even though I won the complete EQ 2 set last year at a game stop competition. But I KNOW I wasted hours and hours on the PS2 Version... especially that Return to Arms... I know I still have a game save on one of my memory cards...

OH CRAP, I want to play it again!!!

CURSE YOU JACK SKELLINGTON! YOU FRACKIN PUMPKIN KING!! Blargh!
Old 06-10-2009, 08:22 PM   #28
Ruin

Ruin has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
I actually like the first game more than the second.
Haha, the second is okay but the first one is where it's at!

I just got Chrono Cross off my friend for the original Playstation. I'm a big fan of RPGs and yet I have never played it...

It might be an idea to actually finish Chrono Trigger first but my friend say's it doesnt matter too much.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:29 PM   #29
Mathias
SAMCRO

Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Skellington View Post
Great game! I have the original for the N64 which I got when it first came out and still bought the XBLA version. Being able to play Banjo in HD with an improved frame rate was worth every penny.
It's always annoying when the only thing keeping you from 100% are those last 5-10 notes you missed on a level.

My wishlist
Mathias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:39 PM   #30
Jack Skellington
Grim Grinning Ghosts

Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayanamiNGE View Post
But I KNOW I wasted hours and hours on the PS2 Version... especially that Return to Arms...
I played that game to death too. I actually played it again a bit last night.

Goblins and ghoulies, from last Halloween, awaken the spirits with your tambourine. Creepies and crawlies, toads in a pond, let there be music from regions beyond.

Wizards and Witches, wherever you dwell, give us a hint by ringing a bell.
Jack Skellington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:58 PM   #31
Your Plump Princess
Just dancing with shadows

Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!

Revisited my Love for my SNES

Lost Vikings 2 : Norse to Norsewest

Ahh, Memories.. <3
Old 06-10-2009, 11:23 PM   #32
Edens_heel

Edens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruin View Post
Haha, the second is okay but the first one is where it's at!

I just got Chrono Cross off my friend for the original Playstation. I'm a big fan of RPGs and yet I have never played it...

It might be an idea to actually finish Chrono Trigger first but my friend say's it doesnt matter too much.
Plain and simple - if your friend thinks that, then they did not pay a lick of attention to the story in either game. They are intrinsically linked in a lot of ways (the crux of Cross reveals the answer to one of Trigger's biggest mysteries), but the details are subtly presented. Most people seem to dismiss Cross as being totally separate, but it really isn't. It may not share all the same characters (though it does some, and others are hinted at in many ways), but there is a lot of thematic and narrative symmetry in the two.
Edens_heel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:25 PM   #33
Edens_heel

Edens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Anyone remember Return Fire for the PS1? Been playing a bit of that lately. It was a top-down capture-the-flag game with a military vibe and the best musical score of any game - EVER (gotta play it to really get the in-joke there, but it really does rock). I think this game is my single biggest wish for an online-multiplayer release on the PSN and XBox Live... damn that would rock.
Edens_heel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 06:57 AM   #34
Victim
Oasis is JUST A BAND.

Victim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando. Although I have other demands on my time right now, I just play it off and on to decompress and get my focus back.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:48 AM   #35
Ruin

Ruin has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edens_heel View Post
Plain and simple - if your friend thinks that, then they did not pay a lick of attention to the story in either game. They are intrinsically linked in a lot of ways (the crux of Cross reveals the answer to one of Trigger's biggest mysteries), but the details are subtly presented. Most people seem to dismiss Cross as being totally separate, but it really isn't. It may not share all the same characters (though it does some, and others are hinted at in many ways), but there is a lot of thematic and narrative symmetry in the two.
If Chrono Trigger is as good as I'm expecting it to be, it's going to be a long RPG. I'm trying to juggle Final Fantasy IV with it as well. Ah well, I'll get to Chrono Cross eventually...

On another note, I forgot how hard the original Resident Evil can be sometimes, where's my bloody ammo?
Old 06-12-2009, 07:47 PM   #36
Blackjack_Jeeves
I'm a pepper, too...

Blackjack_Jeeves is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBlackjack_Jeeves is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBlackjack_Jeeves is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBlackjack_Jeeves is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBlackjack_Jeeves is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBlackjack_Jeeves is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBlackjack_Jeeves is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBlackjack_Jeeves is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBlackjack_Jeeves is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBlackjack_Jeeves is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBlackjack_Jeeves is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Random computer game note - my computer has randomly decided it doesn't want to play either Star Wars KotOR game. None of the usual solutions are helping... So for my RPG fix, I've pretty much been guided solely to WoW. My lvl 48 Druid is my highest, but I'm not getting very far, very fast. And my brother's closest character, a lvl 51 mage, has been gaining ground on me, so soon I won't really be able to cooperate with his mage. Boo...

Mostly I've been visiting my old hang-outs on Call of Duty - my old server lost a lot of its population, but has lately been picking back up, so it's nice.

And in "honor" of the Pittsburgh Penguins, the 2009 Stanley Cup Winners, I've also been playing my NHL '94 game on my Sega Emulator. Though I don't use the Penguins, it's the best hockey game I've ever had the chance to enjoy.
"It is difficult to produce a television documentary that is both incisive and probing when every twelve minutes one is interrupted by twelve dancing rabbits singing about toilet paper." - Rob Serling

"The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them into the impossible." - Arthur C. Clarke

"Isn't it interesting that the same people who laugh at science fiction listen to weather forecasts and economists?" - Kevin Throop III
Blackjack_Jeeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 08:03 PM   #37
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Since I don't own any moden games (just took a paycut at work, can't afford anything anymore)...I broke out MVP Baseball 2005 and have been playing that since I got home from the hospital.

Still an awesome game 4 years later
Old 06-12-2009, 08:54 PM   #38
undrcovrbrothr
Beach nut

undrcovrbrothr has super-sized repundrcovrbrothr has super-sized repundrcovrbrothr has super-sized repundrcovrbrothr has super-sized rep

Halo 3, multiplayer with like 7 others.... I HATE IT!!!!!!!! LOL

I get so damn frustrated because unlike any other shooter, I could put 4 seconds worth of well placed bullets into someone, and they still remain alive!!

NOW I know why I love Call of Duty so much!!!!

~~Those of a nasty disposition with nothing nice to say shall be ignored~~
undrcovrbrothr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 12:49 AM   #39
thejuicyone
Juicy Juice

thejuicyone makes people happy simply by logging inthejuicyone makes people happy simply by logging inthejuicyone makes people happy simply by logging inthejuicyone makes people happy simply by logging inthejuicyone makes people happy simply by logging inthejuicyone makes people happy simply by logging inthejuicyone makes people happy simply by logging inthejuicyone makes people happy simply by logging in

Guitar Hero Metallica bitchessss.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~Brandi
thejuicyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 02:01 AM   #40
Commander Keen
Ms. DOS

Commander Keen can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesCommander Keen can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Cave Story on PSP!
And lots and lots of Tekken 5 with my roommates lately... I've got some mad button-mashing skills.
Commander Keen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 02:12 PM   #41
The Orange Mage
♓ Fishy Pisces! ♓

The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Orange Mage View Post
Still playing a bunch of twos:
  • Skate 2,
  • Rock Band 2,
  • Slaves to Armok: God of Blood Chapter II: Dwarf Fortress,
  • Team Fortress 2
and been taking part in the Xbox's 1 vs. 100 beta test.
Add Forza Motorsport 2 to this list now.
The Orange Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 10:58 PM   #42
Heading_for_the_Light

Heading_for_the_Light does more than just post hot picsHeading_for_the_Light does more than just post hot picsHeading_for_the_Light does more than just post hot pics

Well, busted out TOTAL ANNIHILATION for the first time in a few months. Amazing how I still play an 11-year-old game as often as I do, but it's just that good.

Real-time strategy game, involving battles between two opposing mech armies/navies/air forces. was a really ground-breaking game for the time, as far as I know. Really a top-notch game all around, but not too well known nowadays I think.

nothing quite like a full-out naval bombardment.
Heading_for_the_Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:14 AM   #43
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Yesterday my friend brought over MLB 09 The Show, DC vs Mortal Kombat and Resistance 2.

MLB 09 was awesome as was Resistance, but when it got to DC that's when it went sour.

I swear people who play this online have zero lives because I couldn't win a single match. They kept doing 10-13 hit combos that would take me a month just to even pull off once let alone 5 in a row.

I can beat the story modes just fine, but once I get online I nearly chuck my controller out the window because for some reason I just can't win.

so yeah *shakes a stick at online gamers* get some fresh air will ya! lol
Old 06-15-2009, 09:18 AM   #44
Adamantoise
Wings of Mayonnaise

Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Super Mario Bros.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:23 AM   #45
Mathias
SAMCRO

Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm determined to get Mirror's Edge and Assassin's Creed finished this week.

My wishlist

Last edited by Mathias; 06-15-2009 at 09:26 AM.
Mathias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:07 AM   #46
Blackjack_Jeeves
I'm a pepper, too...

Blackjack_Jeeves is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBlackjack_Jeeves is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBlackjack_Jeeves is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBlackjack_Jeeves is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBlackjack_Jeeves is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBlackjack_Jeeves is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBlackjack_Jeeves is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBlackjack_Jeeves is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBlackjack_Jeeves is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBlackjack_Jeeves is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBlackjack_Jeeves is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heading_for_the_Light View Post
Well, busted out TOTAL ANNIHILATION for the first time in a few months. Amazing how I still play an 11-year-old game as often as I do, but it's just that good.

Real-time strategy game, involving battles between two opposing mech armies/navies/air forces. was a really ground-breaking game for the time, as far as I know. Really a top-notch game all around, but not too well known nowadays I think.

nothing quite like a full-out naval bombardment.
I never really got far in the campaigns. I never learned what a good strategy for that game was, as I was always out of energy or metal, or both, before I could build up a good army. After you deplete your resources or rather expend them quicker than you take in, it takes forever to build things. But this game was definitely a favorite of mine, and was a $10 grab off the cheap shelves for me. My friend once found a way to add new units, that I think I might still have on here. One was called the Necro, and it could actually bring dead units to life. I had lots of fun with that game though.
"It is difficult to produce a television documentary that is both incisive and probing when every twelve minutes one is interrupted by twelve dancing rabbits singing about toilet paper." - Rob Serling

"The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them into the impossible." - Arthur C. Clarke

"Isn't it interesting that the same people who laugh at science fiction listen to weather forecasts and economists?" - Kevin Throop III
Blackjack_Jeeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:35 AM   #47
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejuicyone View Post
Guitar Hero Metallica bitchessss.
That one is a lot of fun! I'm about 30% through it.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:36 AM   #48
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I bought Cube out of the bargain bin while at Fry's over the weekend. It's for the psp and it's pretty good. I like puzzle type games.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:58 AM   #49
disconnectedsmile
RATING: AWESOME

disconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions community

played Rock Band 2 with my girlfriend last night until our eyes bled. fucking awesome. i'm impressed with how quickly she learned how to play. and just a bit turned on by her gaming ability.

dusted off Burnout Legends for PSP during a bus trip this weekend. PSP needs a new Burnout game. not that it would do me any good, seeing as i'm still playing unhealthy amounts of Disgaea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral_Snackbar View Post
"I'M A ZEBRA, I'M A ZEBRA, FUCK YOU, I'M A ZEBRA!"
disconnectedsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 12:18 PM   #50
crosseyedhamster

crosseyedhamster can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokescrosseyedhamster can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I'm a big RPG fan, but lately most of my gaming has been tabletop (World of Darkness is just awesome) and Word of Warcraft, but I was really getting into Digital Devil Saga 2 and Warriors Orochi 2.
crosseyedhamster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nerds, video game