Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 06-17-2015, 08:03 AM   #1
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Taking advantage of BHM stereotypes?

There is no avoiding that there are stereotypes about, or simply expectations of, big guys. If you are one you know that people are often going to have those in their head when dealing with you.

Do you ever try to use any of them to your advantage?

By way of a simple example, when travelling with other people I’ll sometimes say “I’ll need a food stop before we get there.” I never get any back talk these days of “It will take too long, you can just hold on for a couple more hours” or anything like that. Fat guy says he needs food, people believe him. Or maybe they are worried I’ll eat them instead? Whatever the reason, no backtalk

Are there any stereotypes or expectations that you take advantage of? (or, for FFA, that partners have made use of, or that you’d like to see a BHM take advantage of)
Old 06-18-2015, 03:55 PM   #2
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I take advantage of BHM sterotypes as an FFA! One that immediately comes to mind is the one you mentioned below - that my guy can't wait that long to eat. It isn't just taking advantage because I want to see him eat; it's normally because i need to use the restroom too! Ironically, he now uses that as an excuse to eat - "oh, we need to stop into a restaurant so she can use the ladies room, and we will simply have to buy something inside..." Oh, how the tables turn!

One stereotype is that BHM must know where good food is. 'Cuz obviously, being heavy, we must have dined everywhere. Right? So we totally go with it and sample new restaurants so that we can flippantly tell people about the awesome restaurants we have been to recently. We have to live up to expectations, after all.

He takes advantage of his own weight by telling me that I need to deal with cold AC because he is fat, and fat people always overheat. I know fat people who get cold, so I classify this as a stereotype!
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 08:55 AM   #3
fatmac

fatmac can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesfatmac can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I use the need a/c stereotype regularly. I also use the I am starving one every chance I get. But my favorite is needing to ride in the front because I can't get in or out of the back seat.
fatmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 01:28 PM   #4
tankyguy

tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

It's definitely easy to eat cheaply when people offer you first dibs on leftovers from family gatherings and such. Usually with some variation of "we know you'll give it a good home".

I also suspect street vendors zero in on fat return patrons for 'you-come-here-all-the-time-have-one-on-the-house' treatment. I used to inexplicably get free hotdogs regularly while my co-workers, who patronized the same stand as often as I, didn't.
tankyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 07:54 PM   #5
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Ok, I've got one friend who uses "I'm fat" as an excuse for EVERYTHING, even when it makes no sense.

He'll get drunk, make a huge mess and then blame it on being fat. LOL.
Old 06-24-2015, 07:30 AM   #6
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

A few more occured to me;

My guy almost always gets the front seat because he "needs more room".

He almost always gets the outside seat at a booth or table because he is "too big to shuffle over like a skinny dude"
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 12:23 PM   #7
fat hiker

fat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Yes, it's nice to be regularly offered the front seat...

Though the expectation that I can always 'clear up' any remaining food at the dinner table so there won't be leftovers can sometimes be annoying, when I already feel full.

Though my favourite stereotype to 'trip with' is the one that all big guys must also be strong! Came in very handy the time I broke a tine off a garden fork from Lee Valley - they replaced it for free, but said that I really should have bought the heavy duty version.
Old 06-29-2015, 08:16 AM   #8
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Once I’ve claimed a seat, it seems I’m much less likely to be asked to swap seats, move my chair, etc. That I am perceived as a (at least comparably) immoveable object.