Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board > Weight Gain

Old 02-27-2007, 08:26 AM   #1
FillingOut
On Timeout

Location: Currently Orange County, CA...hopefully somewhere colder next
FillingOut has said some nice things
Default Alcohol and Weight Gain

I'm sure I'm not the first to point this one out, but I found it interesting that I think I've gained a pound or two in the last few days just because I was drinking alcohol at night...usually scotch mixed with coke (DIET coke, to boot). It hasn't really been a matter of alcohol spurring me to eat more, either, since I haven't really had that much to eat as of late, and my biggest indulgence was prob. the equivalent of a pack of M&Ms a day.

Anyone notice they started piling on weight when they upped their alcohol intake? I heard somewhere that rum was especially good due to the high sugar content.
FillingOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:27 AM   #2
TheNowhereMan
Rambling Rover

TheNowhereMan carries a lot of weight on this boardTheNowhereMan carries a lot of weight on this boardTheNowhereMan carries a lot of weight on this boardTheNowhereMan carries a lot of weight on this boardTheNowhereMan carries a lot of weight on this board

i a whisky drinker myself and i have noticed that its gives your more of a gut than anything else
Old 02-27-2007, 09:29 AM   #3
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Calories

Quote:
Originally Posted by FillingOut View Post
I'm sure I'm not the first to point this one out, but I found it interesting that I think I've gained a pound or two in the last few days just because I was drinking alcohol at night...usually scotch mixed with coke (DIET coke, to boot). It hasn't really been a matter of alcohol spurring me to eat more, either, since I haven't really had that much to eat as of late, and my biggest indulgence was prob. the equivalent of a pack of M&Ms a day.

Anyone notice they started piling on weight when they upped their alcohol intake? I heard somewhere that rum was especially good due to the high sugar content.
For people who can metabolize alcohol effectively, alcohol has
100 calories-per-ounce.
The Beer-Bellied,
Edgar

You got to lose to know how to win.(Aerosmith-Dream On)

Fat is like grass, it'll never go away and there's a hell
of a lot of money to be made by controlling it!

Life is only therapy, real expensive and no guarantees.

Fat is only ugly to those who hate.

Federal Pacific Panels & Breakers have known fire hazards!
imfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 12:46 PM   #4
FatAndProud

FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.

"beer" bellies are cuuuute lol
FatAndProud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 01:06 PM   #5
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurvyKel View Post
My usual Sunday session consists of about 6 pints of lager. Add that to the take away I have to have afterwards and I can put on about 10lb.

I put more weight on with drinking than I do eating.
That's what I have always heard- that alcohol is most fattening because all of it's calories are "empty"- nothing your body can do with them except store them.

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 02:55 PM   #6
Chad

Chad can now change their title

When my girlfriend started gaining, besides the weight gain shakes. She used to down a 6 pack of Bud a day. She ballooned because of it.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:17 PM   #7
GPL

GPL has super-sized repGPL has super-sized repGPL has super-sized repGPL has super-sized rep

Quote:
My usual Sunday session consists of about 6 pints of lager. Add that to the take away I have to have afterwards and I can put on about 10lb.

I put more weight on with drinking than I do eating.
Wow! Would like to take you out on a sunday, girl!
Guess it would be fun. 10lbs on one day is really amazing

Bellyrubs,
GPL.

Avatar used with Tina's permission, ty Tina!
GPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 09:14 PM   #8
TheNowhereMan
Rambling Rover

TheNowhereMan carries a lot of weight on this boardTheNowhereMan carries a lot of weight on this boardTheNowhereMan carries a lot of weight on this boardTheNowhereMan carries a lot of weight on this boardTheNowhereMan carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatAndProud View Post
"beer" bellies are cuuuute lol
My GF keeps telling me that and yet she can't understand why I find her soft belly pudge cute.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:51 AM   #9
BeautifulPoeticDisaster

BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!

I think it depends entirely on the person. Alcoholism runs in my family...as does obesity...and it seems that the alocholics are on the thinner side. And my step dad who has alcohol for blood is like a size 32 mens pants. It just depends....just like everything else.

Although....alcoholics in treatment tend to beef up cos they are eating sugar to reduce the cravings.

But I will shush now.
BeautifulPoeticDisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:50 AM   #10
wtchmel

wtchmel can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeswtchmel can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Yes, I think it adds to the midsexction. I love my wine, and my belly seems to have more girth to show for that. ( at least my heart is extremly, extremly healthy, wine is medicene in a glass!! )
Old 03-01-2007, 03:51 PM   #11
GPL

GPL has super-sized repGPL has super-sized repGPL has super-sized repGPL has super-sized rep

Quote:
I live in a pub which really helps with the drinking...
You drink more than I do, thats for sure
Easy to "live" in a pub! Hope they serve good food as well

Bellyrubs,
GPL.

Avatar used with Tina's permission, ty Tina!
GPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 08:46 AM   #12
squurp

squurp does more than just post hot picssquurp does more than just post hot picssquurp does more than just post hot picssquurp does more than just post hot pics

Usually, ,drinking causes me to lose weight rapidly. a single drink a day can push me down 5 lbs or more a day.
squurp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 04:14 PM   #13
Still a Skye fan
Normalcy is overrated

Still a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:

Oh yes, I recall more than a few young women I know coming back to town from college with a Freshman 15 and then some after they discover the magic combination of cheap college food, pizza and beer.

No, I didn't complain either.

Dennis
Still a Skye fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 11:09 AM   #14
MadeFA

MadeFA can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMadeFA can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Ending my junior year of high school I was 290 lbs. By the end of senior year I was 185 (I'm 6'2) and did a lot of bike riding and stuff like that. I did not like being that thing, I felt scrawny. Through freshman year of college I worked out a lot and was up to 215, practically of it added on was muscle. Then..................................... I started drinking! lol A couple years later I'm 260, I still lift weights the same amount, but have lost the tight muscle definition. The alcohol has slowed my metabolism a lot and has hurt my ability to gain muscle mass. I am only now starting my new plan to lose some weight. My eating habbits have not changed, but my alcohol consumption is right where it should be for a college-drunk.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:05 PM   #15
FrenchBBW

FrenchBBW has said some nice things

In France one drinks much wine… and I don't believe that to make to gain ! But the wine gives an appetite so it's practical for gained !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drinker's belly it's cute, because just the belly is curvy !!!
Old 03-05-2007, 03:16 PM   #16
Renaissance Man
Popping in to say hello

Renaissance Man can now change their title
Talking BBW + alcohol = the Desire-o-meter going off the scale

Mmmmmmm . . . a big, beautiful, curvy, soft, bouncy woman drinking . . . that's my version of heaven on earth . . . (or one of 'em, at least!)

As far as possible, without surrender,
Be on good terms with all persons . . .
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. ~ Desiderata

Renaissance Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 03:56 PM   #17
SoCoCare

SoCoCare can now change their title

I actually went to college & lost weight. Everybody talked about the freshman 15, but I was so busy trying to do as much as possible that eating took a backseat to pregamming/going out. (Not to mention at that point I was V. self-conscious about eating in front of other people.) I was kinda heinous to my body then... I would wake up feeling so horrible that I wouldn't eat anything. (By the time I felt better, it was time to pregame & go out again; such a vicious cycle.) But yeah, if you aren't binge drinking all the time and, thus, can maintain an appetite, alcohol will def. pack on lbs.

GEF, you're totally right about the "empty" calories.

"...I am fearfully and wonderfully made..." Psalm 139:14
SoCoCare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:28 PM   #18
scudmissilez

scudmissilez can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCoCare View Post
I actually went to college & lost weight. Everybody talked about the freshman 15, but I was so busy trying to do as much as possible that eating took a backseat to pregamming/going out. (Not to mention at that point I was V. self-conscious about eating in front of other people.) I was kinda heinous to my body then... I would wake up feeling so horrible that I wouldn't eat anything. (By the time I felt better, it was time to pregame & go out again; such a vicious cycle.) But yeah, if you aren't binge drinking all the time and, thus, can maintain an appetite, alcohol will def. pack on lbs.

GEF, you're totally right about the "empty" calories.
I did the same thing, only I was hungry after partying the night before (to clean out the taste, more than appetite wise).....that's downright deadly! :-D
scudmissilez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 02:24 AM   #19
jimj

jimj has said some nice things

I drink beer and I'm pretty large.My wife,her mom and her sister all drink quite a bit and all three are bbws.On the other hand all three are smokers and thats supposed to make you lose weight but they haven't.
jimj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 03:30 AM   #20
stan_der_man
The Teflon Frog

Location: Born in The Mission, raised on Rt. 66, living in the Squirrel Ghetto, SoCal
stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Any rich drinks for that matter...

From what I've read, alcohol basically breaks down in your body like sugar, that's why it has so many calories. Any rich drinks alcoholic or non alcoholic tend to make you gain weight faster than eating often times. I've discovered strawberry smoothies lately...

fa_man_stan

"Regardless of who runs the websites and organizations, the cause belongs to all of us.
stan_der_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 06:27 AM   #21
andy341

andy341 can now change their title

Quote:
...usually scotch mixed with coke (DIET coke, to boot).

You should be flayed alive for that! Anything but Coke. I hope it's not good whisky.
andy341 is offline   Reply With Quote