Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 11-27-2005, 12:55 AM   #26
Jack Skellington
Grim Grinning Ghosts

Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Gots
Anyway, as for the guys that are jacking up their prices on Ebay? I say, it's not the seller who's the asshole, it's the idiot who's willing to get screwed from behind and pay for it.
No, it's definitely the sellers who are scumbags.

Scalping toys at Christmas times makes you the worst kind of human refuse. If some parasite buys them up for the sole purpose of bending people over at Christmas, that makes them human filth. There is no excuse or justification to screw over your fellow man that way.

Every year the slime of the human race come out in droves at Christmas and buys up all the hot gifts. Years before It was Furbys, Tickle Me Elmo, Power Rangers and so on. This year it's the XBOX 360. Just because someone is desperate enough to pay a mark up to get an item for Christmas doesn't make it right. Parents want to get these for kids to you know.

This is supposed to be the season of good will, kindness and generosity towards your fellow man. Not how much I can screw someone over on ebay by buying up all the hot gifts. Those greedy soulless bastards have earned my contempt and hatred.

Goblins and ghoulies, from last Halloween, awaken the spirits with your tambourine. Creepies and crawlies, toads in a pond, let there be music from regions beyond.

Wizards and Witches, wherever you dwell, give us a hint by ringing a bell.
Jack Skellington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 02:02 AM   #27
missaf

missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'm kinda surprised at the negativity from community members about online gaming, as most of the successfull online games are built around just that, community. Even First Person Shooters have a sense of belonging among clans and teams, and even race teams might have that same nuance.

I join guilds and clans to play with a certain group of people to accomplish goals, and my main goal in most online games is to enjoy the company of others and contribute, not really be a loner.
missaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 07:08 AM   #28
Kilgore Trout
total sycophant

Kilgore Trout can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesKilgore Trout can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
And the games don't seem that great. I saw a Screen Shot of Perfect Dark.... and it does not look next gen. I could run something similar on my 6 year old computer.
Perfect Dark Zero is actually better than I was fearing it would be. Rare has had me as a fan since Goldeneye came out for the n64, in fact, it was the reason I bought an n64, it's the reason I *almost* bought a gamecube (Perfect Dark Zero was initially talked about as an gamecube game back before the gamecube launched) and it is the reason I bought an X360.

All "fanboyism" aside, pc games such as "FarCry" are better, but the reason I buy any console at all is "in person multiplayer." There's scarcely anything better than killing a roomfull of people you know. ;-) If there were multiplayer pc games, well, I would probably never play consoles again.
Kilgore Trout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 12:05 PM   #29
BBWMoon
Kisses

BBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I have a cube

I just bought a Nintendog this week for a xmas present. Pricey at 150.00
but it's the nintendo ds bundle with a nintendog game. I think the box is adorable...

I want to buy the darkest faerie, because I play neopets online. My roomie has a playstation.
BBWMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 01:26 PM   #30
gangstadawg
the wanderer

gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBWMoon
I have a cube

I just bought a Nintendog this week for a xmas present. Pricey at 150.00
but it's the nintendo ds bundle with a nintendog game. I think the box is adorable...

I want to buy the darkest faerie, because I play neopets online. My roomie has a playstation.
hey if you got a good pc why dont you wait to get oblivion the sequel to morrowind. because oblivion has a much better graphics engine means that any one with 3dsmax can create ober things like what was done with morrowing. with oblivion though we can finally add bbws to the game.
gangstadawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 02:24 PM   #31
BBWMoon
Kisses

BBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions community

truth be told, I hardly play my cube. So many games, etc... and I've never broken them in.
BBWMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 02:32 PM   #32
Jack Skellington
Grim Grinning Ghosts

Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam
what's the big deal period? don't have one, don't need one, don't want one. I've always considered video games to be for kids
We all have our little hobbies.

Quote:
it's a scam anyway....these gaming systems will soon be obsolete and replaced by the next complicated, overpriced pos.
No more of a "scam" than buying a new Mac or PC or DVD player or TV, etc. when new and better ones come out.

Since gaming doesn't interest you, it's odd you would waste your time even posting in thread discussing it.

Goblins and ghoulies, from last Halloween, awaken the spirits with your tambourine. Creepies and crawlies, toads in a pond, let there be music from regions beyond.

Wizards and Witches, wherever you dwell, give us a hint by ringing a bell.
Jack Skellington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 02:35 PM   #33
blubberboy767

blubberboy767 has said some nice things

Quote:
what's the big deal period? don't have one, don't need one, don't want one. I've always considered video games to be for kids...I haven't been a kid in a long time...Atari was the big deal then...it's a scam anyway....these gaming systems will soon be obsolete and replaced by the next complicated, overpriced pos.
I do however want a power mac G5 quad...for my music and video production I want to do...work, but games I don't need.
Don't you think that's kind of condescending? Video games are no longer for kids because those kids (like me, I'm 28) grew up with them and now they're a part of life. I don't see too many kids operating a 10 button controller, talking into a microphone on-line playing a navy seals game. Mario may be for kids but Doom, Resident Evil, and many RPG's aren't. Plus, I don't see too many kids spending $400 for a new system and $60 per game. The median age now is 25 years old for a gamer.
blubberboy767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 05:38 PM   #34
Kilgore Trout
total sycophant

Kilgore Trout can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesKilgore Trout can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
what's the big deal period? don't have one, don't need one, don't want one. I've always considered video games to be for kids...I haven't been a kid in a long time...Atari was the big deal then...it's a scam anyway....these gaming systems will soon be obsolete and replaced by the next complicated, overpriced pos.
I do however want a power mac G5 quad...for my music and video production I want to do...work, but games I don't need.
Congratulations! You just wasted time posting this when it clearly would have put you closer to realizing your goals if you'd been working on something instead. Now, why don't you go work and leave us kids alone?

Edit :
I just finished reading your contribution to the Harry Potter thread. Don't you think two hours is an inordinately long period of time to devote to a film (surely purely entertainment), particularly a children's film?

Kilgore
Kilgore Trout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 12:07 AM   #35
Stu Gots
On Timeout

Stu Gots has said some nice things

Median age for video games is 25??

But there's lots of guys in their later 30's who play the HELL outta these console games... and most of the developers are also mid to late 30's.

I'm 39, and video games in arcades and at home, came out when I WAS a kid. Games like Pacman, Frogger, Asteroids, and even further back in time with the Coleco home games.

It's the 30-something's who made video games so popular then (by playing them) and now (by developing AND playing them).
Stu Gots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 12:17 AM   #36
Webmaster
Chief Emeritus

Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:

But there's lots of guys in their later 30's who play the HELL outta these console games... and most of the developers are also mid to late 30's.

I'm 39, and video games in arcades and at home, came out when I WAS a kid. Games like Pacman, Frogger, Asteroids, and even further back in time with the Coleco home games.

It's the 30-something's who made video games so popular then (by playing them) and now (by developing AND playing them).
There are some things you never outgrow, and video games are one such thing. Either you are into them or not. I am. I remember when the Colecovision came out. It was so much more advanced than anything else and I got most of the games for it. Coleco's (Coleco stood for Connecticut Leather Company) headquarters were right next to Albany, NY, where I lived at the time. Amsterdam, I think. At some point the video gaming industry collapsed and nothing happened for several years. Then Nintendo brought them back, and now video games gross more than Hollywood.

Age really doesnt matter when it comes to things that are fun. Not unless a person is convinced they must act a certain way or like certain different things when they get older.
Webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 12:24 AM   #37
Totmacher

Totmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:

Yeah, but there are lots of kids out there bringing the average down. They still make 3rd person shooters, beatem' ups, and other games any toddler could play by repeatedly hitting the fire/punch buttons. 25's as good a number as any for the, " average"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blubberboy767
Don't you think that's kind of condescending? Video games are no longer for kids because those kids (like me, I'm 28) grew up with them and now they're a part of life. I don't see too many kids operating a 10 button controller, talking into a microphone on-line playing a navy seals game. Mario may be for kids but Doom, Resident Evil, and many RPG's aren't. Plus, I don't see too many kids spending $400 for a new system and $60 per game. The median age now is 25 years old for a gamer.
Kids are pretty spoiled these days. Their parents will think nothing of dropping a week's salary on a system and $50 or more on a game. Fifteen and twenty years ago parents were lining up to spend $60 on new nintendo games, $200 on 16 bit console systems, and multiple kilobucks on apple IIs... how soon we forget.
Totmacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 02:06 AM   #38
adam

adam can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesadam can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgore Trout
Congratulations! You just wasted time posting this when it clearly would have put you closer to realizing your goals if you'd been working on something instead. Now, why don't you go work and leave us kids alone?

Edit :
I just finished reading your contribution to the Harry Potter thread. Don't you think two hours is an inordinately long period of time to devote to a film (surely purely entertainment), particularly a children's film?

Kilgore
Its the hours upon hours of playing the games I don't get...people actually living their lives around a video game...spending hours and hours playing it in a day or night, or all day and night...it must be turning their minds to mush, like an addicts or something.
a movie...whatever its title...couple hours of entertainment, and its done...I also like the idea of reading books...the imagination provides the best entertainment of all...unless one lacks imagination I guess...do young people read books anymore? Also chess is a good game to get the blood flowing to the brain. Too much work for young people I guess.
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 06:55 AM   #39
Coop
Proud owner of Megas

Coop can now change their title

I will not get an XBOX 360 because I just don't like the system.

I will be getting a PSP however as well as a PS3 and a Revolution.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:40 AM   #40
Dark Willow

Location: cold damp island off the northern coast of west europe, affectionately known as the UK
Dark Willow has said some nice things

I'll stick with my Atari 2600 and Jaguar... For modern games PC is the format really, it has the widest choice fo games, and lower better prices. Plus you can choose what joypad/joystick.keyboard/mouse/gun combination you want, whereas with the consoles if you dont like how the makers thinks their controllers should be, there isn't that many alternatives.

As for hte price gorging, the console is expensive, but that isn't so bad, you only have to buy it once, it's the price of hte games that puts me off. I don't want to part with £40 for a single game, as I wan tot be able ot buy them when I feel like it on the spur of the moment when I want then rather than having to put money aside. Also I liek to buy several at once and spend a few evenings of mindless violence, a lot of games get a bit samey if you play only that one for too long. (Except some like Tropico or SimCity)
Old 11-28-2005, 08:32 AM   #41
Sasquatch!
A wild loser appeared!

Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Its the hours upon hours of playing the games I don't get...people actually living their lives around a video game...spending hours and hours playing it in a day or night, or all day and night...it must be turning their minds to mush, like an addicts or something.
a movie...whatever its title...couple hours of entertainment, and its done...I also like the idea of reading books...the imagination provides the best entertainment of all...unless one lacks imagination I guess...do young people read books anymore? Also chess is a good game to get the blood flowing to the brain. Too much work for young people I guess.
Videogames are proven to relieve stress and improve hand to eye co-ordination, and online gaming CAN actually improve people's social skills.
I play a lot of videogames, but I also read a lot, and play chess often.
Spending a lot of time on videogames doesn't mean it's the be all and end all of someone's life. Admittedly, some people become obsessed, but that is to do with the person and not the videogaming.
Sasquatch! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 09:35 PM   #42
gangstadawg
the wanderer

gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Willow
I'll stick with my Atari 2600 and Jaguar... For modern games PC is the format really, it has the widest choice fo games, and lower better prices. Plus you can choose what joypad/joystick.keyboard/mouse/gun combination you want, whereas with the consoles if you dont like how the makers thinks their controllers should be, there isn't that many alternatives.
i some what agree with on the pc vs console thing. i play both console and pc because of variaty. and plus pc games can be modded.
gangstadawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 07:35 PM   #43
pickleman357
Christian/Fattism Solider

pickleman357 carries a lot of weight on this boardpickleman357 carries a lot of weight on this boardpickleman357 carries a lot of weight on this boardpickleman357 carries a lot of weight on this boardpickleman357 carries a lot of weight on this board

When it comes to the whole age thing behind who plays video games. Do you not realize that these games are not made by kids? They're made by adults, who have to have a passion for making video games. They take a lot of work and if you don't love it, you'll never last in the industry.

I personally hope to be playing video games when I'm 90+

Quote:
So by this logic, you should still be listening to 8-tracks, yes?
People want to make more money then they know what to do with in this world. Greed is everywhere. Solve that problem, and you'll solve the whole scam problem.
pickleman357 is offline   Reply With Quote