Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 12-01-2005, 05:42 AM   #1
RVGleason

RVGleason is a member of the 500 clubRVGleason is a member of the 500 clubRVGleason is a member of the 500 clubRVGleason is a member of the 500 clubRVGleason is a member of the 500 clubRVGleason is a member of the 500 club
Default Wendie Jo Sperber in Babes

I was very saddened to learn of the passing of actress Wendie Jo Sperber from breast cancer on Tuesday. She was 46, way too young. I loved her in the movies 'I Wanna Hold Your Hand', '1941', the 'Back to the Future' movies and from the Tom Hanks TV show 'Bosom Buddies'. And I thought she was wonderful in the short-lived Fox show 'Babes'. Here's a pic from the Thanksgiving episode of 'Babes' when Wendie Jo's character had a nightmare of overeating on Thanksgiving.

RIP Wendie.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg babes.jpg (4.7 KB, 1050 views)
RVGleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 09:39 AM   #2
DevouringAZ

DevouringAZ has said some nice things

That's horrible! I grew up watching her in her various rolls throughout the years.

Hey, it's not that bad of a pun is it?

Really though, it's such a shame.
DevouringAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 09:54 AM   #3
Russ2d

Russ2d carries a lot of weight on this boardRuss2d carries a lot of weight on this boardRuss2d carries a lot of weight on this boardRuss2d carries a lot of weight on this boardRuss2d carries a lot of weight on this board

What a damn shame.. Wendy was a great fantasy of mine growing up... she was wonderful in so many movies

The last I read the chance of an American getting cancer in their lifetime is now up to 1 in 3.

The reason for this is not the usual garbage handed to us by the various 'letter' groups (ACS, NIH etc) of diet, exercise and on.... the true reason is exposure to cancer causing agents present in our food, water and air and the ingestion of substances which compromise our bodies (especially during fetal development) such as chemical compounds and mixtures which the body misinterpts as hormones.

No one wants to do anything about this however because it would require that industry change some of its' methods and practices and that would cost MONEY so we Americans get fed a line of BS instead.
Russ2d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 10:18 AM   #4
LurkingBBW
Foodee extraordinaire

LurkingBBW can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesLurkingBBW can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I was saddened as well. I remember her from Bosom Buddies with Tom Hanks and Peter Scolari which is still in reruns. Apparently, she had been ill for quite a few years. She was also one of the first pretty, sexy fat girls on TV that knew that she was and didn't apologize for her size. So sad.
LurkingBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 06:45 PM   #5
UncannyBruceman
On Timeout

UncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging in
Default ahhh no...

Wendy was definitely an actress before her time. I'm just hearing about this now. I may still have an episode or two of Babes still on tape somewhere...actually, I might even have that Thanksgiving episode. I miss that show, and I'll definitely miss Wendy.
UncannyBruceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 07:42 PM   #6
collegeguy2514
Duke of Deli Meats

collegeguy2514 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokescollegeguy2514 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

who was she in back to the future?
collegeguy2514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 07:49 PM   #7
RVGleason

RVGleason is a member of the 500 clubRVGleason is a member of the 500 clubRVGleason is a member of the 500 clubRVGleason is a member of the 500 clubRVGleason is a member of the 500 clubRVGleason is a member of the 500 club
Default Wendie Jo in 'Back to the Future'

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegeguy2514
who was she in back to the future?
Michael J. Fox's sister in the 1985 scenes.

RV
RVGleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 07:51 PM   #8
collegeguy2514
Duke of Deli Meats

collegeguy2514 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokescollegeguy2514 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVGleason
Michael J. Fox's sister in the 1985 scenes.

RV
oh, ok. i kinda thought it was her, but i couldnt tell from the pictures.
collegeguy2514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 10:15 AM   #9
LJ Rock

LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Very sad news. I knew that she had been fighting cancer for some time, I was really hoping that she would pull through. I had such a big crush on Wendy growing up. She was absolutely adorable. I agree with LurkingBBW's statement: she really was one of the first BBWs on TV to be, for the most part, accepted for who she was. I think the first place I remember seeing her was as a guest on "Who's the Boss," and then from there I started noticing her on more movies and TV shows. And when I'd see her, I remember thinking that someone out there in Hollywood must have finally understood that a woman doesn't have to be rail thin to be considered attractive or desireable. I mean, someone out there must have known that there were scores of young guys out there like me watching who would find a woman like Wendy Jo to be sexy and cute.

Anyways, it's a tragic loss. My heart goes out to her friends and family. 46 is way to young! She will be missed.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:43 AM   #10
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I sent this story to my friend, who recently walked in the 3-day Breast Cancer walk (and it was HARD, people), and who will be walking it again next year (she's already soliciting donations, god love her) as a sort of 'someone from 'my' community is now in 'your' community' kind of thing, and she remembered Wendie Jo, too. I joked that it wasn't just her size that made her a real individual, but that name! I mean, can you imagine any agent not trying long and hard to get her to change it? At least I'd guess an agent would.
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote