Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 09:40 PM   #51
exile in thighville
groups/347570880589/

exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!

regardless of my personal, vituperative thoughts on cp, as i said in bighotbombshells' sunny thread...

even if the publicity's not harmful per se, what good comes out of this? (other than $$$) what makes it worth the risk?
Old 03-13-2009, 09:57 PM   #52
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkGirl View Post
I agree with Ruby, Donna is a very sweet person. I've met her in person, along with her boyfriend, on several occasions. I've had some very nice conversations with her. I wish everyone who has had a bad experience with her online could meet her to see what a nice person she is in reality. I usually try to keep an open mind with people and see their point of view. I think it's interesting to see another perspective on life and who am I to judge? We only live once, and if she wants to live out her dreams, then good for her for having the courage to do so. She's an adult, and seems to have the ability to stick up for herself. She knows what she says and does is controversial, but so were a lot of things in years past, that are accepted and mainstream now. Nobody ever made a difference in this world by sitting in a corner, being quiet and following the rules. I simply wanted to give my opinion on the subject because I genuinely like Donna and respect her right to live her life any way she chooses.
Yeah, it is her life. It is also ' our ' lives, when she continues to believe she is speaking for any person...other than herself. There is a history here. As for things being accepted by the mainstream and making a difference....FOR FUCKS SAKE! She is not Rosa Parks. She is not a trailblazer for a huge group of women. She is one woman who says she does not like to move and she wants to weigh 1,000 pounds...who has given us a glimpse into her disturbed childhood and dares people to connect the dots and say boo. Yes, she has every legal right to live her life the way she wants, and I do aaaaaabsolutely get the desire to defend that. I don't go searching for the other places she hangs out at online. She comes here and asks questions that include me?...I'ma gonna open this mouth. As for her kids...that is another can of worms. Let's just say that if I ever see CP's Guide To Raising Kids...I will remove one of my own ovaries with a long swizzlestick with a jaunty umbrella on the end of it...cuz I will have been drinking...lots. And, no, I do not doubt her basic love for her kids. I also do not doubt her ability to be nice to people. Ummmmmm.
Old 03-13-2009, 10:45 PM   #53
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossystate View Post
Yeah, it is her life. It is also ' our ' lives, when she continues to believe she is speaking for any person...other than herself. There is a history here. As for things being accepted by the mainstream and making a difference....FOR FUCKS SAKE! She is not Rosa Parks. She is not a trailblazer for a huge group of women. She is one woman who says she does not like to move and she wants to weigh 1,000 pounds...who has given us a glimpse into her disturbed childhood and dares people to connect the dots and say boo. Yes, she has every legal right to live her life the way she wants, and I do aaaaaabsolutely get the desire to defend that. I don't go searching for the other places she hangs out at online. She comes here and asks questions that include me?...I'ma gonna open this mouth. As for her kids...that is another can of worms. Let's just say that if I ever see CP's Guide To Raising Kids...I will remove one of my own ovaries with a long swizzlestick with a jaunty umbrella on the end of it...cuz I will have been drinking...lots. And, no, I do not doubt her basic love for her kids. I also do not doubt her ability to be nice to people. Ummmmmm.
*Repsuden worthy*

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal
Old 03-13-2009, 10:56 PM   #54
Chimpi
into the shining sun

Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Representative of this community, the size acceptance community, and/or the fat acceptance community? Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe for some she is a prime example. Maybe for others she is nothing at all what we hope to represent us. It's her choice to go through with the ordeal, and she certainly has my support. She might not represent me, personally, but I think she represents some aspect of any form of fat acceptance.

The less time we worry about how people perceive us, I think the better off we are. So she says she represents you or us. If someone asks, just say "she does not represent me." I'm more inclined to think that many people will understand that one person cannot represent thousands of people, at least all of those people.

I don't know if I have a point. She's doing what she wants. I'll do what I want. I'll believe the way I believe, no matter what anyone says about me, including those that supposedly represent me.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:22 PM   #55
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!

We have to assess ourselves too though. We have a right to an opinion, but there are times when recognizing our differences can be the very thing that keeps us from killing each other.

Last edited by Jon Blaze; 03-13-2009 at 11:35 PM.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:26 PM   #56
mossystate

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Chimpi...I did say she does not represent me. I just used more words, and my special colorful way of doing the job. I am not waiting for someone to ask. I am taking the initiative. Hell, there would BE no opinions and people speaking up about anything...if the best thing is to say nothing. I would ask that those who don't like CP being judged...well, I ask that they not ever judge...thanks. Pure ' live and let live ' is not possible. As she is doing her thing......I am doing mine. And so it goes.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:38 PM   #57
Shosh
Susannah

Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I think there comes a point where we just have to let it go, and let it be. CP is just going to do her thing, regardless of any objections, and frankly it is tiring to have to keep up the fight to have her see how she is endangering her very life.

What can we do? Nothing.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:56 PM   #58
Jon Blaze
Dusk

I don't think that's the big issue here. It's some of the statements said that cover too many people, and/or too many movements/concepts.

It's ok to do your own thing, but one has to stay focused on who they are speaking about, and what concepts/movements they're speaking for when it's involves a community that mixes people from many schools of thought.

Old 03-14-2009, 12:36 AM   #59
Emma
On Timeout

Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!

Is the add online anywhere? I'd like to see.
Old 03-14-2009, 12:39 AM   #60
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurvyEm View Post
Is the add online anywhere? I'd like to see.
http://tyrashow.warnerbros.com/

Monday. I don't know if it works in the UK, but SHINKUU TATSUMAKI!

Old 03-14-2009, 03:40 AM   #61
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I see a lot of similar things posted from other than CP. Except they aren't on television, they have all sorts of wacky goals. What makes it acceptable for them, but not her? You can't have two standards! Also, what is done is done. You can't change the fact it's going to air on Monday. Attacking someone needlessly is really akin to bullying. One more thing: talk shows always sensationalize issues and I don't like how they handle a multitude of things. This really isn't any different but I don't expect Tyra to handle the subject with kid gloves.
Old 03-14-2009, 03:59 AM   #62
Emma
On Timeout

Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Blaze View Post
http://tyrashow.warnerbros.com/

Monday. I don't know if it works in the UK, but SHINKUU TATSUMAKI!
Thanks, yes it does work. I'm just waiting on it loading.. sloooooow!
Old 03-14-2009, 07:52 AM   #63
sweet&fat
My aim is true.

sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissToodles View Post
I see a lot of similar things posted from other than CP. Except they aren't on television, they have all sorts of wacky goals. What makes it acceptable for them, but not her? You can't have two standards! Also, what is done is done. You can't change the fact it's going to air on Monday. Attacking someone needlessly is really akin to bullying. One more thing: talk shows always sensationalize issues and I don't like how they handle a multitude of things. This really isn't any different but I don't expect Tyra to handle the subject with kid gloves.
You answered your own question- the crucial difference is that she's on tv and has expressed desire to act as a spokesperson of sorts (as stated in the other thread). Do what you want on your own time, but don't presume to represent others. It is my belief that her public presence on Tyra negatively affects other people.
Old 03-14-2009, 08:07 AM   #64
FatAndProud

FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I just wanna say...

CP, your man is looking sharp!! woo. lol
Old 03-14-2009, 08:52 AM   #65
kayrae
doot doot doot

kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Maybe Tyra will come up with a new show

It'll be titled : Who will be America's Next Top BBW?
Old 03-14-2009, 11:19 AM   #66
mossystate

I think that what some of us see, is that no tv show will have to ' sensationalize ' this situation. We have already seen what we have seen...straight from the source. No, we can't know what every person does in private ( nor should we ), unless the shit hits the fan and there is great fallout. Is any discussion allowed...then?
---------------------
If CP did not have kids, I would still have some strong feelings, but I truly would be able to more easily get to a place of shrugging and knowing that she is an adult who has the right to live her life, and I would be just damned sad that she lived the life she did, that caused her to want this dream. With kids in the mix...there is no shrugging, and this is no longer a ' wacky goal '. A goal is much different than having things get away from you, for a variety of reasons. I also wonder about those closest to her. I can only hear the theme music to the show... Intervention. Many of those who actively support CP's goals would not do so if the outcome from her obsession and her childhood trauma ( again, only going on what she herself has shared )...were not about fat. Maybe think about that. I can't just pretend I did not read what I read. I swear there really is a Twilight Zone, Auntie Em.

yes, i realize i am repeating myself
Old 03-14-2009, 11:53 AM   #67
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

I am also confused by someone being a gainer and actively gaining who has also lost weight because they wanted wls to lose weight!? I just dont get that. Is sounds really conflicted to me.
Old 03-14-2009, 04:52 PM   #68
Preston
Your Favorite Misanthrope

Preston does more than just post hot picsPreston does more than just post hot picsPreston does more than just post hot pics

You know, the fact that CP would go on Tyra and do something like this doesn't phase me, what does is the multitude of people jumping to her defense, for reasons that make zero sense.
Old 03-14-2009, 04:55 PM   #69
Blackjack
Fupa Troopa

Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.

In case it was missed the first time, I'm bolding and hugeifying this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet&fat View Post
You answered your own question- the crucial difference is that she's on tv and has expressed desire to act as a spokesperson of sorts (as stated in the other thread). Do what you want on your own time, but don't presume to represent others. It is my belief that her public presence on Tyra negatively affects other people.
Old 03-14-2009, 04:59 PM   #70
Preston

Preston does more than just post hot picsPreston does more than just post hot picsPreston does more than just post hot pics

Hell, if someone can come up with *one* good thing that CP on Tyra could possibly cause for this community, I'll eat my hat.

Last edited by Preston; 03-14-2009 at 05:12 PM.
Old 03-14-2009, 07:15 PM   #71
Weeze
Justin Bieber of Dims

Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston View Post
Hell, if someone can come up with *one* good thing that CP on Tyra could possibly cause for this community, I'll eat my hat.
... This is why we're friends.

Personally, I can't wait to watch it. Honestly... I think it's going to be hilarious. Did anyone watch the preview on the website? I'm probably going to piss my pants. Are you worried about people misrepresenting you? Don't be. It's fucking TYRA. Anyone who takes day time television seriously needs to be hit in the face anyway... Unless they're watching oprah. that's a whole different can of pork and beans.

And, umm, can I just say... I think CP will represent the members of *another* website, which shall remain anonymous, rather well...

you fuckers know exactly what i'm talking about.

but seriously. She can only represent *you* if you LET her. So don't. I'm part of this community, I'm just doin' my 'thang. I'm not going to let someone who acts like they have nothing more than an elementary school education represent me. And do you know why I don't have to?
because if anyone asks me, I can always just look at them, say the bitch is crazy and explain MYSELF....

End.
Old 03-14-2009, 08:47 PM   #72
Preston

Repp'd, mofo!
Old 03-14-2009, 08:54 PM   #73
AshleyEileen
chunky

AshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vickie View Post
I'll meet your oh god and raise you a what the hell was she thinking???

*sigh*

Oh, and cancer? Less than fun, as someone currently going through it. Yeah. Um. Not something to just breeze past. People don't just "up and die" of cancer. They often die slowly, agonizingly, losing their lives a piece at a time and leave their loved ones with a lot of pain and a lot of debt. Is that really something to treat lightly? I'm thinking... not so much.
THIS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismiss View Post
... This is why we're friends.

Personally, I can't wait to watch it. Honestly... I think it's going to be hilarious. Did anyone watch the preview on the website? I'm probably going to piss my pants. Are you worried about people misrepresenting you? Don't be. It's fucking TYRA. Anyone who takes day time television seriously needs to be hit in the face anyway... Unless they're watching oprah. that's a whole different can of pork and beans.

And, umm, can I just say... I think CP will represent the members of *another* website, which shall remain anonymous, rather well...

you fuckers know exactly what i'm talking about.

but seriously. She can only represent *you* if you LET her. So don't. I'm part of this community, I'm just doin' my 'thang. I'm not going to let someone who acts like they have nothing more than an elementary school education represent me. And do you know why I don't have to?
because if anyone asks me, I can always just look at them, say the bitch is crazy and explain MYSELF....

End.
AND THIS!

I couldn't rep either of you wonderful ladies.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:10 PM   #74
Weeze
Justin Bieber of Dims

Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston View Post
Repp'd, mofo!
You're my favorite drunkard.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:17 PM   #75
T_Devil
A Happy Disaster

T_Devil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!T_Devil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!T_Devil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!T_Devil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!T_Devil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!T_Devil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!T_Devil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!T_Devil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!T_Devil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!T_Devil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!T_Devil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Eh, Whatever.

I've given up on all of it. People can do what they want to do. It's not worth fighting over anymore. I'm fat and she's speaking for me?
I sure hope not.
Why should I care? She's gonna do it anyways, nothing's gonna stop her. I hope she didn't fall on the steps to get on the stage.

She doesn't speak for me. She doesn't represent me. If people are going to put me in the same jar as her, they're gonna learn really fast that not all fat people are the same. I don't care what she does. I don't care who it affects. If I did, it would hurt. Life's too short.

The more CP and people like her go out and do this, The less I actually care about Size Acceptance in general. I know, I'm the enemy, kill me. I just hate it when people make a choice to get so huge that their mobility is hindered, get in front of a camera and say "Look at me! Look at me!" because people look at them..... and then they look at me.

Then I have to Mr. Charming and say "The fuck YOU looking at?".

So, I don't know. Whatever. Don't take it personally, that's all I got.