Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 08-05-2011, 04:13 PM   #1
lovelocs
Nunc est Bibendum

lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Thumbs down Plus-size models wearing fat suits are new fashion low

I'm not even going to say anything...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dafuck.jpg (11.7 KB, 651 views)
Old 08-05-2011, 05:37 PM   #2
ConnieLynn
has left the building.

ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!

Fixed the link

And nothing about fashion industry / fashion models surprises me anymore.
ConnieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 06:19 PM   #3
Tania
Disneyland Bobsled Team

Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Pff. Or, you know, she could've left the calls to someone who's actually a size 18 and not made the offensive comment about having the body she wants while being able to stay "healthy." I get that people have happy weights and feel that nobody should have to gain or lose weight to work, but what a fucking crappy way of putting it.

~ The Cure

"She will never submit to any thing requiring industry and patience, and a subjection of the fancy to the understanding."
~ Mr. Knightley on Emma, Jane Austen's Emma
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 06:33 PM   #4
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!

Unbelievable.

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal
Jon Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 07:16 PM   #5
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'm not surprised. I've heard of this before. When a model is not thin enough for regular modeling, but not curvy enough for plus size, they lump her in with the plus size and make her wear body pads to smooth out the areas that don't have the kind of curve that the company wants.

It's pathetic, yes, but not unheard of.
CarlaSixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:58 PM   #6
lovelocs
Nunc est Bibendum

lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Sorry about the link, folks...
Old 08-05-2011, 10:57 PM   #7
love_my_life

love_my_life can now change their title

I think that articles like this prove what air-heads fashion models actually are...
love_my_life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 12:23 AM   #8
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by love_my_life View Post
I think that articles like this prove what air-heads fashion models actually are...
Including the fat fashion models?

and

Main board.
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 05:57 AM   #9
idontspeakespn
Rabble-rousing since 1982

idontspeakespn does more than just post hot picsidontspeakespn does more than just post hot picsidontspeakespn does more than just post hot picsidontspeakespn does more than just post hot pics
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnieLynn View Post
Fixed the link

And nothing about fashion industry / fashion models surprises me anymore.

This is a serious WTF moment from the fashion industry. And in true 'dumb supermodel' style, using fat suits to continue to get plus size modelling work but not actually be plus-sized . If you want to be healthy and thin and a model, than be a thin model, don't insult the rest of us by putting on a clown suit to be a plus-size model. It promotes an unrealistic image of plus-sized women ('cause I know my body isn't in smooth, un-puckered condition) and takes away modelling gigs from actual plus-sized models.

This is like a white model smearing on brown body paint and getting a perm to get gigs as a Black model.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:07 AM   #10
ConnieLynn
has left the building.

ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossystate View Post
Including the fat fashion models?

and

Main board.
What fat fashion models? Where?

Quote:
Originally Posted by idontspeakespn View Post
This is a serious WTF moment from the fashion industry. And in true 'dumb supermodel' style, using fat suits to continue to get plus size modelling work but not actually be plus-sized . If you want to be healthy and thin and a model, than be a thin model, don't insult the rest of us by putting on a clown suit to be a plus-size model. It promotes an unrealistic image of plus-sized women ('cause I know my body isn't in smooth, un-puckered condition) and takes away modelling gigs from actual plus-sized models.

This is like a white model smearing on brown body paint and getting a perm to get gigs as a Black model.
Frankly, I don't give a flying fig about the fashion industry. It doesn't support me; I don't support it.

That said, a model takes money to be a canvas. They walk in the door for work and get painted, dyed, fluffed, teased, whatever. Am I supposed to be surprised that they 'faked' something to get work?

Italian Vogue in a 'ground breaking' move gave us plus sized models, who aren't really plus sized, in lingerie -- not fashion. And white models in blackface already happened. You can thank French Vogue for that.

Nothing about fashion industry / fashion models surprises me anymore.
ConnieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 11:38 AM   #11
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
I was a fashion model. Never been an air-head. Generalize much?

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 11:40 AM   #12
That Guy You Met Once

That Guy You Met Once makes people happy simply by logging inThat Guy You Met Once makes people happy simply by logging inThat Guy You Met Once makes people happy simply by logging inThat Guy You Met Once makes people happy simply by logging inThat Guy You Met Once makes people happy simply by logging inThat Guy You Met Once makes people happy simply by logging inThat Guy You Met Once makes people happy simply by logging inThat Guy You Met Once makes people happy simply by logging inThat Guy You Met Once makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tania View Post
Pff. Or, you know, she could've left the calls to someone who's actually a size 18 and not made the offensive comment about having the body she wants while being able to stay "healthy." I get that people have happy weights and feel that nobody should have to gain or lose weight to work, but what a fucking crappy way of putting it.
Hanlon's razor. It probably wasn't meant to be offensive.

Most people just haven't gotten the memo that chub won't kill you before 30.
That Guy You Met Once is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 01:37 PM   #13
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

main board...where all kinds of generalities about women can be talked about, and where offended women can be told they might not need to feel offended
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 02:26 PM   #14
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
i don't know what this means.
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:12 PM   #15
CleverBomb
On Space Out

CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaSixx View Post
I'm not surprised. I've heard of this before. When a model is not thin enough for regular modeling, but not curvy enough for plus size, they lump her in with the plus size and make her wear body pads to smooth out the areas that don't have the kind of curve that the company wants.

It's pathetic, yes, but not unheard of.
Which is counterproductive, as clothes cut to fit a padded-out-to-"ideal" model likely won't hang properly on the actual women who are their intended customers.

Sheesh.

-Rusty
CleverBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 12:47 AM   #16
xeillia

xeillia can now change their title

Its a bloody joke, how dare they use models with padding. I have been banging my drum about this for a few weeks since I first saw the article about the models that featured in Italian Vogue. If you ask me, they should use real plus size models. I am sorry but a size 12 is NOT plus size! The fact of the matter is these designers are a bunch of hacks that do not have the skills to make fashion and clothing for the real plus sized community. *rant done*
xeillia is offline   Reply With Quote