Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 02-08-2014, 09:22 PM   #251
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

HeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB View Post
+1.

I'm a compulsive tuner. I have tuners everywhere. I even have an app that measures dbs in my room so I make sure to mix at the right sound level.

<--Obsessed.

I fix guitars too, but being a foreigner that doesn't help anyone very much.
Wish i could fix Guitars i take my to the shops haha lol. That's a good skill to have man i definitly want to learn that!
Old 02-08-2014, 10:55 PM   #252
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyDuty24 View Post
.... I notice the tune is better on some songs then others when i play.
That is because you are accidentally stumbling on to other artists that are using alternate tunings and are closer to what they're using instead of standard tuning.
Old 02-08-2014, 11:08 PM   #253
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

HeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoGibson View Post
That is because you are accidentally stumbling on to other artists that are using alternate tunings and are closer to what they're using instead of standard tuning.

O yes you are probably right haha lol.
Old 02-08-2014, 11:57 PM   #254
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

I found a guitar pitch pipe i had but have to see how to use it.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:10 PM   #255
MattB

MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!

I don't have any music to share, but here's the cover of the next metal album. Out sometime this year...

It's as cheerful as it looks...

Last edited by MattB; 09-07-2014 at 07:59 AM.
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:15 PM   #256
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

Quote:
I don't have any music to share, but here's the cover of the next metal album. Out sometime this year...

That looks awesome man! love that love that ghostly look and feel to it! i finally found my Harmonica today. So will be posting some Harmonica-based cover songs and Harmonica-based new songs too soon. And just new songs too and cover songs in general too soon.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:23 PM   #257
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:

I really dig the cover art you do on your metal projects. You really know how to capture that gothic, dark, slightly creepy feeling with rather benign images.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:00 AM   #258
MattB

MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!

Thanks guys. I keep meaning to hire a real artist to do something epic, but then I end up just doing it myself in about an hour using a paint program.

Real life is way scarier than fantasy, IMO...
Old 02-14-2014, 07:46 PM   #259
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGoi3j3zRXY

Here is my heart of gold cover by Neil Young. I love Neil Young and this song. Gotta say this is one of my favorite songs of all time.
Old 02-15-2014, 03:38 PM   #260
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Here's what I have been doing of late. I have thrown myself into lifting and reading up on it and all that goes with it. That's why I haven't done much new musically in quite some time. I have had my head in a different space. So, here's a couple clips from today's workout. I don't know if you'd consider it a talent, probably more like a skill or hobby, but here goes.

Deadlift

Squat
Old 02-15-2014, 03:40 PM   #261
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGoi3j3zRXY

Here is my heart of gold cover by Neil Young. I love Neil Young and this song. Gotta say this is one of my favorite songs of all time.
Nice! I dig the harmonica!
Old 02-16-2014, 02:35 PM   #262
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

Quote:
Here's what I have been doing of late. I have thrown myself into lifting and reading up on it and all that goes with it. That's why I haven't done much new musically in quite some time. I have had my head in a different space. So, here's a couple clips from today's workout. I don't know if you'd consider it a talent, probably more like a skill or hobby, but here goes.

Deadlift

Squat

Cool man your a beast! how much weight you deadlift and squat? i did like 300 before and about 300 on squat. I LOVE bodybuilding! anything that has to do with lifting and bodybuilding im a nut! lol.

Ugh i need to start training again man i have fell off but want to get back in it again. I think im going to try to get a gym membership. I work out at home sometimes but i like the gym.

Im going to post some strength videos too soon. I LOVE deadlift and squat, 2 of my favorite excersises the strong man exercises haha lol, work out entire body too. Great job man! Maybe there should be a BHM work out thread?

Last edited by HeavyDuty24; 02-16-2014 at 02:40 PM.
HeavyDuty24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 02:38 PM   #263
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

Quote:
Nice! I dig the harmonica!

Haha thanks man! im self taught on the Harmonica too! haha. Yeah just alittle cover i through together. Thanks man i love the Harmonica, feels it adds alittle "something" to songs ya know. Thanks man!
Old 02-21-2014, 08:49 PM   #264
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUjNC65_dQY

"Landslide" Fleetwood Mac cover, always loved this song and this band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYtK2CGBOyQ

This is my "Torn" cover this is the Natalie Imbruglia version . I wanted to change man to woman and he to she but would have been too much work to change the verses would have been tricky so i just kept the original version lol.
Old 02-22-2014, 12:16 PM   #265
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Quote:
Cool man your a beast! how much weight you deadlift and squat?....

These vids had me doing 325 lbs. on the squat and 335 lbs. on the deadlift. I did 3x5 on the squat and 1x5 on the deadlift. Today I did 340 lbs. for 3x5 on squat and a set of 5 @ 365lbs. on deads. I don't know what my one rep max is on either right now, that's just what I'm working with so far.
Old 02-22-2014, 12:23 PM   #266
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUjNC65_dQY

"Landslide" Fleetwood Mac cover, always loved this song and this band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYtK2CGBOyQ

This is my "Torn" cover this is the Natalie Imbruglia version . I wanted to change man to woman and he to she but would have been too much work to change the verses would have been tricky so i just kept the original version lol.
You still need a good tuner,lol, but you did a nice job! You have a really good sense of timing, especially being able to fingerpick and sing at the same time and stay on track.
Old 02-22-2014, 12:55 PM   #267
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:

Deadlift

Squat
Even though I read what you wrote, I was still expecting music for some reason :-D

Keep it up sir!
Old 02-22-2014, 01:39 PM   #268
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hozay J Garseeya View Post
Even though I read what you wrote, I was still expecting music for some reason :-D

Keep it up sir!
Thanks dude. I appreciate it.
Old 02-22-2014, 01:50 PM   #269
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

Quote:
You still need a good tuner,lol, but you did a nice job! You have a really good sense of timing, especially being able to fingerpick and sing at the same time and stay on track.

Hey thanks man! yes my timing is pretty good i know the songs i cover real well too, i have practiced for years to finger-pick and sing at the same time or finger-pick and strum in one song and sing while strumming too. I can feel the songs man lol. Im getting a tuner next week.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/acces...-clip-on-tuner

Thinking about getting that one. I also want a new guitar all together.

Last edited by HeavyDuty24; 02-22-2014 at 01:56 PM.
HeavyDuty24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 01:51 PM   #270
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

Quote:
These vids had me doing 325 lbs. on the squat and 335 lbs. on the deadlift. I did 3x5 on the squat and 1x5 on the deadlift. Today I did 340 lbs. for 3x5 on squat and a set of 5 @ 365lbs. on deads. I don't know what my one rep max is on either right now, that's just what I'm working with so far.

Damn! 300 plus that's real good man, your a beast, i did 300 plus on squat and deadlift before. Im going to try to post a lifting vid soon.
Old 02-22-2014, 01:56 PM   #271
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Quote:
Hey thanks man! yes my timing is pretty good i know the songs i cover real well too. Im getting a tuner next week.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/acces...-clip-on-tuner

Thinking about getting that one. I also want a new guitar all together.
That's a good looking tuner, and pretty good quality from what I hear. I need to get me one of those clip-on ones.
Old 02-22-2014, 03:13 PM   #272
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

Quote:
That's a good looking tuner, and pretty good quality from what I hear. I need to get me one of those clip-on ones.

Yes i think that one seems pretty good. I haven't bought a digital tuner before so wanted a good one ya know, and i would say the price is fairly reasonable. I should be getting it like next week. I do have a tuner the one you blow into but man that thing is such a hassle lol. Yeah the digital clip-on ones seem so much more easier and convenient.
Old 02-22-2014, 05:45 PM   #273
MattB

Still have no new music to post, but things are moving along nicely. (Except for tonight, exchanging Saturday night emails with my boss has left my creativity as flaccid as ...well, whatever...)

Anyhoo...my long struggle with guitar tones has come to an end! I've gone Kemper, and I'm selling my amps/pedals, etc...Oh, there will still be a certain degree of tone tweaking but now everything sounds pretty darn good to start.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:52 PM   #274
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

Working on a new song, actually it's a country song. I do like country so wanted to dabble into that too. Gonna atleast try to make songs to all the genres i like or atleast try lol.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:57 PM   #275
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Quote:
Still have no new music to post, but things are moving along nicely. (Except for tonight, exchanging Saturday night emails with my boss has left my creativity as flaccid as ...well, whatever...)

Anyhoo...my long struggle with guitar tones has come to an end! I've gone Kemper, and I'm selling my amps/pedals, etc...Oh, there will still be a certain degree of tone tweaking but now everything sounds pretty darn good to start.
Fuckin' A!

That is one sweet amp. I have never had the chance to dabble on one, but from all accounts it is the real deal.