Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 07-06-2014, 09:51 AM   #301
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hozay J Garseeya View Post
Dude, this came out pretty fucking awesome.

I know you didn't play the part, but I was also really digging the steel-lap. Pretty fucking awesome writing man.

Good to see you back as well!
Thanks fella. Good to be back.

The steel player is awesome. It takes all my restraint not to bug him and have him play on everything I record.
Old 07-06-2014, 05:40 PM   #302
MattB

MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoGibson View Post
I have not posted anything new in a while. Some of you that look in on this thread (all 3 of you ) may remember the acoustic version. Here is the fully finished recording. It sounds pretty good if I do say so myself. Especially since someone who can sing better than I can handled the vocal duties on this one. I just played electric guitar on it.

Lonesome Yellow Rose
Holy slick recording Batman!

MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 08:28 PM   #303
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB View Post
Holy slick recording Batman!

Thanks. I was very pleased with how all the parts came out and worked together and the dude that mixed it really knows his stuff.
Old 07-07-2014, 05:33 AM   #304
WhiteHotRazor
Time Travelling

WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Sounds awesome man
WhiteHotRazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 05:38 AM   #305
WhiteHotRazor
Time Travelling

WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'm getting kind of a Sturgill Simpson type vibe from it. Maybe not your voice which like many have said is kinda Steve Earle-ish but maybe more the writing. Idk that's what I thought of when I heard it. Which is a good thing bc that dude is great.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:32 PM   #306
Saisha
Delphinum natare doces

Saisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
I have not posted anything new in a while. Some of you that look in on this thread (all 3 of you ) may remember the acoustic version. Here is the fully finished recording. It sounds pretty good if I do say so myself. Especially since someone who can sing better than I can handled the vocal duties on this one. I just played electric guitar on it.

Lonesome Yellow Rose
That was fantastic!! Thank you for sharing it!

Child of the ocean.
Saisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 02:56 PM   #307
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

That is a very slick song--nice job!
Old 07-07-2014, 03:01 PM   #308
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteHotRazor View Post
I'm getting kind of a Sturgill Simpson type vibe from it. Maybe not your voice which like many have said is kinda Steve Earle-ish but maybe more the writing. Idk that's what I thought of when I heard it. Which is a good thing bc that dude is great.
Thanks dude. I didn't sing this one though, and it's nice to be compared to your heroes, but Steve Earle is safe from me being able to take over from him! My own voice I think has more in common with Kermit The Frog.

High praise indeed on the Sturgill Simpson mention. I agree with you, he is great, him and Parker Millsap are the two new-ish guys on the alt-Country scene I have been getting into of late.
Old 07-07-2014, 03:02 PM   #309
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saisha View Post
That was fantastic!! Thank you for sharing it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
That is a very slick song--nice job!
Thank you for listening to it.
Old 07-07-2014, 09:54 PM   #310
WhiteHotRazor
Time Travelling

Quote:
Thanks dude. I didn't sing this one though, and it's nice to be compared to your heroes, but Steve Earle is safe from me being able to take over from him! My own voice I think has more in common with Kermit The Frog.

High praise indeed on the Sturgill Simpson mention. I agree with you, he is great, him and Parker Millsap are the two new-ish guys on the alt-Country scene I have been getting into of late.
It's interesting that you would call him "alt country" bc to me he actually sounds the way I picture a country artist to sound like and not this pop music with twang ....my truck, she's looking fine in them blue jeans and dancing on the tailgate in the full moon chew tobacco spit bullshit that people call country now.

Well anyway that's my rant haha, but great song great recording and yea the lap steel was sick.
Old 07-08-2014, 03:41 AM   #311
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Quote:
It's interesting that you would call him "alt country" bc to me he actually sounds the way I picture a country artist to sound like and not this pop music with twang ....my truck, she's looking fine in them blue jeans and dancing on the tailgate in the full moon chew tobacco spit bullshit that people call country now.

Well anyway that's my rant haha, but great song great recording and yea the lap steel was sick.
Rant on! You're spot on in my opinion. Johnny, Waylon, Merle, he'll even old Hank Williams himself would probably be considered alt-Country today if they were just getting started. I too am not a fan of what's passing for country these days. Maybe one of these days I'll finish writing a song I started on that subject I titled, Jesus Wouldn't Drive An SUV.
Old 07-08-2014, 05:12 AM   #312
WhiteHotRazor
Time Travelling

I think you should title it "Kris Kristopherson would steal your wives" haha.

Yea those dudes are all my favorites and kinda set a standard for me in the country genre. Although out of the more popular country I am a fan of Zac Brown Band, their musicianship is pretty awesome and that whole band has a ton of talent. I think if it wasn't a one name fronted band they could almost be another CSN the way they harmonize and play together.
Old 08-09-2014, 10:15 AM   #313
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Quote:
I think you should title it "Kris Kristopherson would steal your wives" haha.

Yea those dudes are all my favorites and kinda set a standard for me in the country genre. Although out of the more popular country I am a fan of Zac Brown Band, their musicianship is pretty awesome and that whole band has a ton of talent. I think if it wasn't a one name fronted band they could almost be another CSN the way they harmonize and play together.
Damn, I missed this one! I love your title. That could be the basis for one helluva song.

Zac Brown is pretty awesome. I had a chance to go see them in a small club just before that really broke big but passed on it. I'm still kicking myself for that one.
Old 08-09-2014, 10:20 AM   #314
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Here's a change of pace in that I co-wrote these next two songs with a buddy of mine from Chattanooga. They are both what I would consider modern rock songs and definitely not what I normally play.

He sent me some music he had recorded and I started humming along until I found a melody I liked and then put down the lyrics and sent them back and we traded back and forth on the editing and arranging and he did all the performing on them. I think he did a really good job on them.

Thousand Yard Stare

I Hate To Love You
Old 08-09-2014, 04:50 PM   #315
MattB

MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!

Listening to it now, not what I was expecting to hear. Good lyrics Dude.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:28 AM   #316
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Quote:
Listening to it now, not what I was expecting to hear. Good lyrics Dude.
Thanks. Even though I don't generally play that kind of music, I like to stretch out and write lyrics in just about any genre I can.
Old 08-16-2014, 12:20 PM   #317
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Just finished another one with a couple new guys I haven't played with before, and I really liked what they brought to the table. Sometimes it can be hit or miss when people with different backgrounds and influences work on a project and it can get sideways real quick, but this one stayed on track mostly!

Wild Hurricane
Old 08-16-2014, 04:56 PM   #318
MattB

Yep, love it again. The chorus just kills it, once again gives me a bit of a late Byrds/New Riders feel...which I like.

(Although it gets cut off for me at the solo...)
Old 08-16-2014, 05:02 PM   #319
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Quote:
Yep, love it again. The chorus just kills it, once again gives me a bit of a late Byrds/New Riders feel...which I like.

(Although it gets cut off for me at the solo...)
Thanks.

I agree, The solo does go in a little more poppy direction than I originally intended, but I like his tone and he did a nice job on the organ and pedal steel, so I decided to leave the more modern sound on it.
Old 08-16-2014, 05:05 PM   #320
MattB

Quote:
Thanks.

I agree, The solo does go in a little more poppy direction than I originally intended, but I like his tone and he did a nice job on the organ and pedal steel, so I decided to leave the more modern sound on it.
Actually, I literally mean the solo gets cut off for me. The file stops playing during it. Not sure why...
Old 08-16-2014, 05:09 PM   #321
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Quote:
Actually, I literally mean the solo gets cut off for me. The file stops playing during it. Not sure why...

Hahahaha. I thought you meant the sound lost you from the New Riders to the more modern style!

I don't know why it would cut off for you, It plays all the way through when I play it.
Old 08-16-2014, 05:11 PM   #322
MattB

Quote:
Hahahaha. I thought you meant the sound lost you from the New Riders to the more modern style!

I don't know why it would cut off for you, It plays all the way through when I play it.
Yeah, tried it a few times and always at the same spot. Weird.
Old 08-30-2014, 06:40 PM   #323
LeoGibson
Slangin'

I'm finally happy that I wrote something new. This may be the first things I've written new this year, or at least in 6 months. These are still pretty raw and just acoustic demos but I like sharing those anyway because I have always liked hearing both rough drafts and polished songs after full arranging and production.

Prodigal Son

Running
Old 08-31-2014, 10:04 AM   #324
MattB

Awesome that you're writing new stuff Dude!

I'm in a dry spell again. I can't get any traction going. Literally no inspiration right now to finish the record. So, I'm messing around with gear as usual. Sold my Marshall amp and two of my Line 6 units, and selling several guitars I don't use anymore to finance a custom build I'm having done through Carvin. Going to try and unload the 6505 amp too, before digital takes over completely.

My goal is to streamline all my gear, and my guitars down to my main bass, my homebuilt axes and the new Carvin. (Should be ready in about 10-12 weeks I'm guessing.) My workhorse BC Rich Stealth is staying for now too. From my experience building my own guitars, satisfying as it is, I think I'll leave it for someone else going forward. I may build again, but not any time soon. Too much time required.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:30 AM   #325
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Quote:
Awesome that you're writing new stuff Dude!

I'm in a dry spell again. I can't get any traction going. Literally no inspiration right now to finish the record. So, I'm messing around with gear as usual. Sold my Marshall amp and two of my Line 6 units, and selling several guitars I don't use anymore to finance a custom build I'm having done through Carvin. Going to try and unload the 6505 amp too, before digital takes over completely.

My goal is to streamline all my gear, and my guitars down to my main bass, my homebuilt axes and the new Carvin. (Should be ready in about 10-12 weeks I'm guessing.) My workhorse BC Rich Stealth is staying for now too. From my experience building my own guitars, satisfying as it is, I think I'll leave it for someone else going forward. I may build again, but not any time soon. Too much time required.
Excellent. Carvin makes kick-ass guitars. I would love to have one of their off-the-rack tele's. Plus I have a couple build ideas that I would love to do through them if I ever have an extra 3 grand or so laying around to spend on a guitar. (not holding my breath on that one)

I applaud you being able to part with some of your gear. I can sell amps and stomps and all the stuff that goes with it, but I can't bring myself to part with any of my guitars. Even the super cheap nylon string I never play.

Also, I'm sure you'll soon be sparked to finish your record. In my case I got serious back into lifting and between that and long hours at work, I was spending all my creative capital away from music. But I feel like I have come back to balance of late and I'm starting to get ideas again. But it has been fun going back through older songs an making the arrangements better since quite a few were written when I pretty much knew 3 chords and could only play 2 of those right!