Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 11-16-2017, 05:28 PM   #1
themaryjo

themaryjo has said some nice things
Default Any woman with huge wrists and ankles?

Tried to buy a nice bracelet today. Unfortunately, as usual, my wrists, at 8.5in, kept me from buying them since they would never come close to fitting.

Does anyone else have the same problem?
themaryjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 05:45 PM   #2
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

Bracelets are hit and miss with me. My wrists are 7.5". But I have prominent wrist bones, so I like my bracelets to be a little loose so as to not rub them uncomfortably. Most one size bracelets won't fit. I have pretty good luck with Lane Bryant and Torrid bracelets. Torrid sells some in size 1/2 and 3/4. The 3/4 are always plenty big for me, but the 1/2 not so much.
Old 11-16-2017, 06:03 PM   #3
themaryjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracyarts View Post
Bracelets are hit and miss with me. My wrists are 7.5". But I have prominent wrist bones, so I like my bracelets to be a little loose so as to not rub them uncomfortably. Most one size bracelets won't fit. I have pretty good luck with Lane Bryant and Torrid bracelets. Torrid sells some in size 1/2 and 3/4. The 3/4 are always plenty big for me, but the 1/2 not so much.
Exactly. Also, though I'm "only" 5'10, 8.5in wrists are still pretty large..
Old 11-16-2017, 09:25 PM   #4
BBW MeganLynn44DD
Perfectly Round

BBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I have tiny wrists for my size,and itís one issue I donít have surprisingly.
BBW MeganLynn44DD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 11:15 AM   #5
Tracii

Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Same here Megan.
I buy some at Catherin's or Lane Bryant. The regular stores that carry them they tend to be too small.
I have some bracelets that are stretchy so that is an option too.
Tracii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 03:14 PM   #6
themaryjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBW MeganLynn44DD View Post
I have tiny wrists for my size,and itís one issue I donít have surprisingly.
I think it has a lot more to do with build though.
Old 11-18-2017, 09:35 PM   #7
plushkitty

plushkitty is a member of the 500 clubplushkitty is a member of the 500 clubplushkitty is a member of the 500 clubplushkitty is a member of the 500 clubplushkitty is a member of the 500 clubplushkitty is a member of the 500 club

I don't like jewelry on my hands- bracelets or rings- and part of that is because my wrists and fingers are too big for most of them. Even at my thinnest I had trouble finding bracelets and rings that fit, I am large and sturdy! Now it's nearly impossible to find hand jewelry that fits. I prefer to paint my nails, a bottle of nail polish costs less than your average ring or bracelet and will always fit!
plushkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 03:23 PM   #8
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'm with Megan - I have absurdly small hands and wrists for my size and stature. Like I wear size 10/10.5 US/ 7 UK in shoes - but S in gloves.

Yet I don't like wearing rings - mainly because I travel so much, have to carry stuff. And I find that really uncomfortable. Also, the hands are so small in proportion, that many rings that otherwise fit my style don't look good.

But this is one of these issues where you really have to work with what you've got, since changing it is impossible.
agouderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 01:16 AM   #9
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I always think of my wrists as being pretty big for my size, though they are only 6.5-7 inches. That being said, I'm only 5'2 so maybe that is big for my height? I don't know a lot about wrist size, but I know my ring size is pretty big. I don't generally wear jewelry though.
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote