Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 02-08-2013, 08:26 AM   #1
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default "Country Pricing"

I think this is pretty interesting.

Most of us wonder why there's such a huge difference in US vs. Canadian Pricing.

Good article.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:00 PM   #2
vardon_grip
Consistently smarmy

vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!

I was working in Vancouver a while back and needed to go to Home Depot to pick up an extension cord. The price was almost double compared to Los Angeles. And then there was the local, provincial, value, poutine...etc. tax. The taxes were extensive. I don't know how you guys manage to make ends meet.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:36 PM   #3
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vardon_grip View Post
I was working in Vancouver a while back and needed to go to Home Depot to pick up an extension cord. The price was almost double compared to Los Angeles. And then there was the local, provincial, value, poutine...etc. tax. The taxes were extensive. I don't know how you guys manage to make ends meet.
Disposable incomes do average lower in Canada than in the US. But look around, and you'll see a higher proportion of smaller cars, look farther and you'll see less cars per person, as well as less mobile phones per person, less big screen TVs per person, etc. (at least, that was the status before 2008...)

The flip side is that minimum wage is higher, nobody is without health care, college isn't as expensive as in the US, so people don't need to have as big a buffer to insure their lifestyle.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:53 PM   #4
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My parents live close to a major border here and my Dad actually has a PO Box and gets stuff sent there. Duty is cheaper than paying the prices up here for so many things.

I used to grocery shop down there as well...I saved a TON of money.

What a world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vardon_grip View Post