Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board > Weight Gain

Old 06-25-2009, 11:21 AM   #1
Russ2d

Russ2d carries a lot of weight on this boardRuss2d carries a lot of weight on this boardRuss2d carries a lot of weight on this boardRuss2d carries a lot of weight on this boardRuss2d carries a lot of weight on this board
Default Defining Our Words- my suggestion

Since the subject of 'what should I call myself' seems to come up often when talking about feeding and such I thought I would suggest a list of general definitions as I see them:

Foodee- someone who loves food.

Maintainer- someone who eats to maintain their fat, likes where they are, but doesn't have a partner involved for whatever reason.

Gainer- someone who eats to get fatter but doesn't have a partner involved for whatever reason.

Feedee- someone who wants to get fatter or maintain their fat and has a partner to share both the process and the results with.

Feeder- someone who loves to fatten their partners or keep them fat and wants to be involved in the process as well as enjoy the results.

FA- someone who loves their partners fat.

Obviously the list could get even more complex but I think it's best and more "catchy" to keep things both simple and a little on the general side.

Last edited by Russ2d; 06-25-2009 at 11:34 AM.
Russ2d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:46 AM   #2
indy500tchr
I am here!

indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

very well said my dear

"Growing Old Is Mandatory. Growing Up Is Optional"

"BBWs aren't exactly built for speed. There's something luxurious about it." ~bdog
indy500tchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:08 PM   #3
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ2d View Post
Since the subject of 'what should I call myself' seems to come up often when talking about feeding and such I thought I would suggest a list of general definitions as I see them:

Maintainer- someone who eats to maintain their fat, likes where they are, but doesn't have a partner involved for whatever reason.

Gainer- someone who eats to get fatter but doesn't have a partner involved for whatever reason.

Feedee- someone who wants to get fatter or maintain their fat and has a partner to share both the process and the results with.

Feeder- someone who loves to fatten their partners or keep them fat and wants to be involved in the process as well as enjoy the results.

Obviously the list could get even more complex but I think it's best and more "catchy" to keep things both simple and a little on the general side.
There will be nothing simple or general about this laundry list of terms. There are simply too many ways erotic weght gain manifests in people and this community is only a glimpse of the varieties that are out there. We don't own the rights at this point.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:25 PM   #4
Russ2d

Russ2d carries a lot of weight on this boardRuss2d carries a lot of weight on this boardRuss2d carries a lot of weight on this boardRuss2d carries a lot of weight on this boardRuss2d carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyBBBW View Post
There will be nothing simple or general about this laundry list of terms. There are simply too many ways erotic weght gain manifests in people and this community is only a glimpse of the varieties that are out there. We don't own the rights at this point.

Well, I was just sharing my thoughts on the subject since it came up a few times...

Last edited by Russ2d; 06-25-2009 at 09:34 PM.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:43 AM   #5
Russ2d

Quote:
Originally Posted by indy500tchr View Post
very well said my dear
Thank you
Old 06-26-2009, 04:44 AM   #6
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Well, I was just sharing my thoughts on the subject since it came up a few times...
Yeah I get you. I've seen terminologies flying around in the past. Every time though it leaves some huddled mass outside the norm disgruntled and scorned and ends on an unpleasant note. We're only a small fraction of the community here and eventually someone will come along and say "Yeah Well I'm Don't Fit Your Molds! " I'm too nervous about giving the impression that every time we land on something we have to stick a flag in it and claim it belongs to us while completely ignoring all the other people who live there.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

@~;~~
Old 06-26-2009, 07:19 AM   #7
Ernest Nagel
is old

Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!

I think your terminology is fundamentally flawed because you mix behaviors (ie, eating) with mindsets (ie, wanting). You also fail to take into account that behaviors and mindsets don't always align. Sometimes there's no readily evident or available way for a mindset to be expressed. Additionally behaviors are often mitigated by opportunity or lack thereof. JMO.

BTW, I hope you'll take note of the difference here between criticism (see above) and a desultory attack (ie, heaping pile of conjectural garbage). :rolleyes

Last edited by Tina; 06-26-2009 at 12:35 PM. Reason: personal attack
Ernest Nagel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 09:39 AM   #8
Russ2d

Quote:
Yeah I get you. I've seen terminologies flying around in the past. Every time though it leaves some huddled mass outside the norm disgruntled and scorned and ends on an unpleasant note. We're only a small fraction of the community here and eventually someone will come along and say "Yeah Well I'm Don't Fit Your Molds! " I'm too nervous about giving the impression that every time we land on something we have to stick a flag in it and claim it belongs to us while completely ignoring all the other people who live there.

Yeah, that's why I tried to keep the words very loose and unpressured. I figured a simple little guide-line of loose definitions would be a nice reference for people to start with. It's the list I pretty much use in my head as a general start point- I thought I'd just throw it out there for anyone to peek at

Last edited by Russ2d; 06-26-2009 at 09:48 AM.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:18 AM   #9
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

Quote:
Yeah, that's why I tried to keep the words very loose and unpressured. I figured a simple little guide-line of loose definitions would be a nice reference for people to start with. It's the list I pretty much use in my head as a general start point- I thought I'd just throw it out there for anyone to peek at
I don't know. I've always had trouble coming up with a term that distinguishes between someone who wants [their partner] to gain and someone who only fantasizes about it.

@~;~~
Old 06-26-2009, 12:00 PM   #10
Ash
Smash

Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:

I'm in agreement with most of these on a personal level, but I really have no qualms about any of the terminology. If someone who isn't into gaining or doesn't have a partner wants to identify as a feedee, it's fine by me. The way the rest of the world categorizes their kinks doesn't have much effect on how I categorize mine.

It does make sense, though, to have some sort of loose definition for the terms. Frankly, I think sometimes people come here (and to similar boards) looking for labels for themselves. No one wants to feel like the only person who has ever felt the way she does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Nagel View Post
Oops, sorry, didn't actually notice where I was! You're right; anything goes here. I'll go report myself.
Unnecessary post is unnecessary.
Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:30 PM   #11
Russ2d

Quote:
I don't know. I've always had trouble coming up with a term that distinguishes between someone who wants [their partner] to gain and someone who only fantasizes about it.
How about Fantasy Feeder?

The word fantasy could be used for any of the terms if the person in question prefers to keep their desires in the realm of fantasy

Fantasy Feeder

Fantasy Gainer etc...

What do you think?
Old 06-26-2009, 10:35 PM   #12
Russ2d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
I'm in agreement with most of these on a personal level, but I really have no qualms about any of the terminology. If someone who isn't into gaining or doesn't have a partner wants to identify as a feedee, it's fine by me. The way the rest of the world categorizes their kinks doesn't have much effect on how I categorize mine.

It does make sense, though, to have some sort of loose definition for the terms. Frankly, I think sometimes people come here (and to similar boards) looking for labels for themselves. No one wants to feel like the only person who has ever felt the way she does.

A very good point
Old 06-27-2009, 06:42 PM   #13
squurp

squurp does more than just post hot picssquurp does more than just post hot picssquurp does more than just post hot picssquurp does more than just post hot pics

Quote:

Correction:

FA: "Fat Admirer", a male that loves their partners fat.

FFA: "Female Fat Admirer", a female that loves their partners fat.

Encourager: person that enjoys fat partner, and does encourage weight gain, but in a lower pressure, or less control oriented relationship where the gainer maintains control

Also, BHM: "Big Handome Man", a male that is heavy, accepts themselves as they are, but is not into gaining.

BBW: "Big Beautiful Woman", same as above only for a woman.
squurp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 06:55 AM   #14
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

Quote:
How about Fantasy Feeder?

The word fantasy could be used for any of the terms if the person in question prefers to keep their desires in the realm of fantasy

Fantasy Feeder

Fantasy Gainer etc...

What do you think?
That sounds good. I was hoping for something a bit more succinct like a one word description or maybe even an abbreviation. I suppose that is as succinct as it's going to get.

@~;~~
Old 06-29-2009, 02:59 AM   #15
LoveBHMS
default title

LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!
Thumbs up

My only issue with this is how important it is whether or not one is practicing an aspect of his/her sexuality.

IOW, a heterosexual person is sexual aroused by somebody of the opposite sex. If you were celebate or sexually abstinent, you would still be considered straight and it would not seem necessary to express whether or not you were sexually active.

Or if you were gay, would there be some reason to say "I'm sexually aroused by those of my same gender, however I am not now having sex with anyone."

So a feeder is sexually aroused by feeding a partner. If you don't have a partner, you're still a feeder because that is a part of your sexuality. Same with gaining; if gaining turns you on then you're no more or less of a gainer if you're not actually doing it.

The only reason I can see the necessity for it is if one were discussing engaging in a sexual relationship and it would be necessary for the partners to know the others' intentions, i.e. "Will you actually gain weight or is it just something we're going to talk about or play with?"
Old 06-29-2009, 03:32 AM   #16
BigBeautifulMe
That was a heart.

BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
Frankly, I think sometimes people come here (and to similar boards) looking for labels for themselves. No one wants to feel like the only person who has ever felt the way she does.
Soooo true. I want a label for my particular brand of kink, but haven't found one yet.

"I just think your culinary choices could use more death of sentient creatures. Is that so wrong?" - Mini

-Rosebud- I am imagining how lovely it would be to see your golden hair rising up over my belly when you are between my thighs
-Rosebud- Like a cunnilingus sunrise
BigBeautifulMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 05:41 AM   #17
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBHMS View Post
My only issue with this is how important it is whether or not one is practicing an aspect of his/her sexuality.

IOW, a heterosexual person is sexual aroused by somebody of the opposite sex. If you were celebate or sexually abstinent, you would still be considered straight and it would not seem necessary to express whether or not you were sexually active.

Or if you were gay, would there be some reason to say "I'm sexually aroused by those of my same gender, however I am not now having sex with anyone."

So a feeder is sexually aroused by feeding a partner. If you don't have a partner, you're still a feeder because that is a part of your sexuality. Same with gaining; if gaining turns you on then you're no more or less of a gainer if you're not actually doing it.

The only reason I can see the necessity for it is if one were discussing engaging in a sexual relationship and it would be necessary for the partners to know the others' intentions, i.e. "Will you actually gain weight or is it just something we're going to talk about or play with?"
I completely agree. Thanks for articulating this. I'm uncomfortable with what seems like an attempt to authenticate sexuality. There are people who engage in public sex and those who only fantasize about it but would never do it. From out of these two groups there are always factions of people who scorn the others, one for being unauthentic and the other for being corrupt in their actions. I'm not certain why any of that is important except in setting boundaries for relationships.

@~;~~
Old 06-29-2009, 09:57 AM   #18
MisterGuy

MisterGuy makes people happy simply by logging inMisterGuy makes people happy simply by logging inMisterGuy makes people happy simply by logging inMisterGuy makes people happy simply by logging inMisterGuy makes people happy simply by logging inMisterGuy makes people happy simply by logging inMisterGuy makes people happy simply by logging inMisterGuy makes people happy simply by logging inMisterGuy makes people happy simply by logging inMisterGuy makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:

BTW, I hope you'll take note of the difference here between criticism (see above) and a desultory attack (ie, heaping pile of conjectural garbage). :rolleyes
I don't think there was anything very desultory about the post to which you refer.
MisterGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:36 AM   #19
Ernest Nagel
is old

Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeautifulMe View Post
Soooo true. I want a label for my particular brand of kink, but haven't found one yet.
What would you think of satie-tease?
Old 06-30-2009, 01:39 PM   #20
Ernest Nagel
is old

Quote:
Quote:
Surrepteatious might work too?
Old 06-30-2009, 01:58 PM   #21
BigBeautifulMe
That was a heart.

BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.

That sounds like I have secret boobs, Ernest. lol

"I just think your culinary choices could use more death of sentient creatures. Is that so wrong?" - Mini

-Rosebud- I am imagining how lovely it would be to see your golden hair rising up over my belly when you are between my thighs
-Rosebud- Like a cunnilingus sunrise
BigBeautifulMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 02:30 PM   #22
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

Quote:
Oh NOOOO! Not the puns again. I thought you were leaving.

@~;~~
Old 06-30-2009, 02:35 PM   #23
Ernest Nagel
is old

Quote:
Well, there's gratitude for you! Play with the pronunciation a little. It might grow on you? (The term I mean. Not the secret boobs.) I think my first idea was better anyway; satietease. Say it with me suh-ty-eh-teez, satiety, get it? Never mind.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:48 AM   #24
Ernest Nagel
is old

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Well, there's gratitude for you! Play with the pronunciation a little. It might grow on you? (The term I mean. Not the secret boobs.) I think my first idea was better anyway; satietease. Say it with me suh-ty-eh-teez, satiety, get it? Never mind.
OK BBM you get one last free effort from my world famous Kink Nomenclature Origination Bureau (KNOB). How about Satiated Seductress? From now on it'll cost you to use my KNOB.
Old 07-03-2009, 10:15 AM   #25
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

Quote:
OK BBM you get one last free effort from my world famous Kink Nomenclature Origination Bureau (KNOB). How about Satiated Seductress? From now on it'll cost you to use my KNOB.

***GROAN***

@~;~~