Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 11-04-2009, 02:53 PM   #151
Fascinita
Jeez, we're blessed!

Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyBBBW View Post
The true issue here is weather or not people who do like this kind of intimate play should just shut up and take it when someone implies that their tastes are wrong simply because we don't share them. Can we at least conced that such things aren't everyones cup of tea without going in to "OZMG" territory?
Lilly, there are many parts of the board where everyone else's needs come first. This is a board for BBW to express their thoughts and experiences. It is a protected board.

Whether those ideas expressed by BBW hurt someone else's feelings or not is not the issue. Posts that break general Dimensions rules or BBW Forum rules should be reported to the mods. Otherwise, if it's expressed by a BBW, it's protected. Period.

You may feel like you, as a BBW, want to give your own perspective on an issue. Some BBW did just that. That is also protected. Disruptive, torpid commentary from non-BBW is not.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:49 PM   #152
superodalisque

superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fascinita View Post
Lilly, there are many parts of the board where everyone else's needs come first. This is a board for BBW to express their thoughts and experiences. It is a protected board.

Whether those ideas expressed by BBW hurt someone else's feelings or not is not the issue. Posts that break general Dimensions rules or BBW Forum rules should be reported to the mods. Otherwise, if it's expressed by a BBW, it's protected. Period.

You may feel like you, as a BBW, want to give your own perspective on an issue. Some BBW did just that. That is also protected. Disruptive, torpid commentary from non-BBW is not.
i agree with you about people having the right to thier opinion. but i think the problem in this thread occurred way before an FA joined the convo. i feel it started when Ashley's post was willfully misinterpreted by a few folks because they may not agree with what she might be personally interested in or stand for in thier minds. they refused to read what she said and see how there was nothing in it that disagreed at all with what most of the opinions have been anyway. people need to leave thier axes and the grinders they come with out of honest discussions since no one is asking thier opinion about whether people should prefer what they prefer anyway. its about time to stop taking license to judge other people on things that are a) should be none of your concern b) no one asked your opinion about. if a person asks a question in an honest and respecful way thats one thing but just putting a value judgement on other people just because you don't understand or relate to everything about them is not kosher.it gets tiresome when people here always think they have to divide up into some kind of camp and fight it out when they want to discuss things. the people here are not thier enemies. they are just other people.

Last edited by superodalisque; 11-04-2009 at 03:51 PM.
superodalisque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 04:00 PM   #153
Sugar

Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superodalisque View Post
i agree with you about people having the right to thier opinion. but i think the problem in this thread occurred way before an FA joined the convo. i feel it started when Ashley's post was willfully misinterpreted by a few folks because they may not agree with what she might be personally interested in or stand for in thier minds. they refused to read what she said and see how there was nothing in it that disagreed at all with what most of the opinions have been anyway. people need to leave thier axes and the grinders they come with out of honest discussions since no one is asking thier opinion about whether people should prefer what they prefer anyway. its about time to stop taking license to judge other people on things that are a) should be none of your concern b) no one asked your opinion about. if a person asks a question in an honest and respecful way thats one thing but just putting a value judgement on other people just because you don't understand or relate to everything about them is not kosher.
I agree that people should back down on the judgment. I personally make no judgments on posters that confirm they enjoy this kind of talk. I know that there were a couple of posters that said some absurd things claiming a lack of self esteem for enjoying this talk...and that is rubbish. OTOH, when you share with the masses your kinks when they weren't asked for...you may very well hear about it.

The fact is we all use judgment every single day from small things that keep us safe to big things that help shape our future to hurtful things that affect other's feelings.

Perhaps it's more of a time/place issue. I'm guilty of talking about "issues" in a non-issue thread. That being said this thread was more about how to handle it and less about what does everyone like.

At this point I feel I'm rambling and perhaps we're saying the same thing?
Sugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 04:06 PM   #154
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Holy shit....I just now realized that this IS the protected BBW board thanks to Fasc.....

All the nasty bashing against women that dare to speak their thoughts had me thinking it is the weight board.

Christ.

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 04:08 PM   #155
Sugar

Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
Holy shit....I just now realized that this IS the protected BBW board thanks to Fasc.....

All the nasty bashing against women that dare to speak their thoughts had me thinking it is the weight board.

Christ.
Yes, we owe Fasc a huge thank you...and hopefully at some point someone will step in and stop the insanity of non-bbw's telling people what's what.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:12 PM   #156
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
Yes, we owe Fasc a huge thank you...and hopefully at some point someone will step in and stop the insanity of non-bbw's telling people what's what.
Why don't we tell them what they tell us everywhere....even on our own board now....don't like it, don't read it otherwise known as GTFO.

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
Old 11-04-2009, 04:12 PM   #157
Santaclear
User

Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Let the men handle this.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:13 PM   #158
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santaclear View Post
Let the men handle this.
Yeah, a lot of them always seem to be "handling" something around here.....

Old 11-04-2009, 04:13 PM   #159
Sugar

Quote:
Let the men handle this.
I'm out of rep and you made me spit water all over.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:18 PM   #160
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Let the men handle this.
Swoon.

mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 04:25 PM   #161
superodalisque

superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Let the men handle this.
are you going to take the bad boy out to the woodshed sir?
Old 11-04-2009, 04:32 PM   #162
Fascinita
Jeez, we're blessed!

Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
its about time to stop taking license to judge other people on things that are a) should be none of your concern b) no one asked your opinion about.
I don't mean to belabor this, supero... But what you're calling for here *is* for people to silence themselves... isn't it?

Asking--or demanding, as we've seen happen here--BBW to silence themselves is against the spirit and the rules of this forum.

There are rules in this forum and on Dims at large. If someone is breaking them, they should be reported to the mods. Otherwise, this is a board for BBW to express their ideas, feelings, opinions, to talk about their experiences. If some of those ideas are "judgmental," we can enter into conversations that challenge those judgments politely, even as we respect the spirit and rules of the forum.

It may be politically incorrect at Dimensions to "judge" those who enjoy humiliation, but in this BBW Forum, the lived and embodied experiences of ALL fat women trump those concerns. We want to uphold the right of every fat woman to express her side of things, as long as she respects forum rules. No reason the experiences of a few women should mean that other women don't get to have or express their own views.

Last edited by Fascinita; 11-04-2009 at 04:37 PM.
Fascinita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 04:34 PM   #163
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Yeah, it is getting pretty damn annoying that we're getting told to shut up even on the BBW forum now.

How about some people bite my ass already?

Old 11-04-2009, 04:36 PM   #164
superodalisque

Quote:
And yet, what you're calling for here *is* for people to silence themselves.

Asking--or demanding, as we've seen happen here--BBW to silence themselves is against the spirit and the rules of this forum.

There are rules in this forum and on Dims at large. If someone is breaking them, they should be reported to the mods. Otherwise, this is a board for BBW to express their ideas, feelings, opinions, to talk about their experiences. If some of those ideas are "judgmental," we can enter into conversations that challenge those judgments politely, even as we respect the spirit and rules of the forum.

It may be politically incorrect at Dimensions to "judge" those who enjoy humiliation, but in this BBW Forum, the lived and embodied experiences of ALL fat women trump those concerns. We want to uphold the right of every fat woman to express her side of things, as long as she respects forum rules. No reason the experiences of a few women should mean that other women don't get to have or express their own views.
its odd. hardly anyone disagrees about the basics of Kayraes question but we have to find something to take sides on maybe we should just get back to the original question
Old 11-04-2009, 04:37 PM   #165
cinnamitch
nope

cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Yeah, it is getting pretty damn annoying that we're getting told to shut up even on the BBW forum now.

How about some people bite my ass already?
Oooh oooh pick me pick me
cinnamitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 04:38 PM   #166
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamitch View Post
Oooh oooh pick me pick me
Would you like fries with that?

Old 11-04-2009, 04:39 PM   #167
Elfcat
Radical FPL from Hell

Elfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticed
Question "Piggy"

Some of the writers mentioned a "Piggy" reference.

This is a stretch to be sure, but a lot of us are part of the Jim Henson generation, and of course one major fixture of the story of the Muppets which was part of a lot of our childhood entertainment was the stormy relationship of Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy. I myself was called "Kermit" by a few of the girls in school. It could well have been code for what they almost certainly would have seen about the girls that were catching my eye. And I've certainly heard a fat gal reciting a MissPiggyism from time to time. "Moi?"
Elfcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 04:41 PM   #168
Fascinita
Jeez, we're blessed!

Quote:
its odd. hardly anyone disagrees about the basics of Kayraes question but we have to find something to take sides on maybe we should just get back to the original question
Yeah, I thought it was ironic that, in a thread that was about a woman who felt some boundaries had been transgressed, the boundaries of the forum itself were suddenly being transgressed.

It's just important to make it clear that women get to have opinions and ideas, too.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:42 PM   #169
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Yeah, I have also been called piggy by people other than the asshat I mentioned in my previous post. They definitely weren't talking about the cute muppets.....no doubt about it.

It was meant as derogatory.....it was humiliation play.....but it's not play if it's done without permission. Bottom line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfcat View Post
Some of the writers mentioned a "Piggy" reference.

This is a stretch to be sure, but a lot of us are part of the Jim Henson generation, and of course one major fixture of the story of the Muppets which was part of a lot of our childhood entertainment was the stormy relationship of Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy. I myself was called "Kermit" by a few of the girls in school. It could well have been code for what they almost certainly would have seen about the girls that were catching my eye. And I've certainly heard a fat gal reciting a MissPiggyism from time to time. "Moi?"

Old 11-04-2009, 04:43 PM   #170
superodalisque

Quote:
Yeah, I thought it was ironic that, in a thread that was about a woman who felt some boundaries had been transgressed, the boundaries of the forum itself were suddenly being transgressed.

It's just important to make it clear that women get to have opinions and ideas, too.
all of that stuff was removed before i ever read it so i didn't comment on any of that
Old 11-04-2009, 04:44 PM   #171
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Quote:
It's annoying as hell that women's bodies come with brains inside.

Old 11-04-2009, 04:45 PM   #172
cinnamitch
nope

cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Yeah, I have also been called piggy by people other than the asshat I mentioned in my previous post. They definitely weren't talking about the cute muppets.....no doubt about it.

It was meant as derogatory.....it was humiliation play.....but it's not play if it's done without permission. Bottom line.
Thats the truth. Do not ever assume you can call me anything that gets your dick hard, just because you THINK it's ok. If someone called me a tub o lard, a canister of Crisco, a bucket of butter or any other cutsie pie " exciting" endearments, my lil ol fat greasy ass would be out of there right after i slapped his teeth to the back of his head.
cinnamitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 04:46 PM   #173
Fascinita
Jeez, we're blessed!

Quote:
I don't think it can be said any better than this.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:52 PM   #174
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I would like to post a reminder that this is the BBW board. Note the focus and read the rules.

In fact, let's revisit the original post, shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayrae View Post
So you're talking to an FA. He's digging you. You're digging him. He's telling you a lot of nice things: You're so hot, sexy, gorgeous, [insert choice compliment here]. Then he becomes even more specific: I love your back fat. Your belly's so round and beautiful. Your stretchmarks really turn me on. I love your fat.

Then he says, "You're such a fat tub of lard." THIS IS A COMPLIMENT.

What do you do when you're complimented with words you personally find offensive? How do you respond?
That was the question. The question was not "are you offended by it?" but "What do you do when you're complimented with words you personally find offensive? How do you respond?"

There is a whole area of protected forums where Erotic Weightgain can be discussed. Feeding itself has many, many threads devoted to it. Those would be the more appropriate areas for 'sharing feelings' about how you like to be fed, etc. Also, those who are non-BBW and are posting in violation of the rules (you'll know that I mean you because your post/s have likely been removed) need to read the rules of this forum before posting further. - Moderator

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 04:05 AM   #175
Lovelyone
Fat, and loveable!

Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!

hmmm, I dont see your point. I just stated my opinion and even went as far as to say that eventhough its not something I dont like, it doesnt mean that its wrong for those who do like it. I don't see what's the problem. Might be a good idea to re-read that original post I submitted. Cos I didnt think that I said anything offensive. In fact I thought I was being fairly open-minded to the oppositions fondness of the (as you call it) "fat tub" verse, and stayed rather neutral in what I had to say--of course with the exception that it just isn't for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyBBBW View Post
It appears to me that a lot of folks are puzzled as to why so many "fat tub" lovers are rasing cane in here about being personally offended. No one seems to see where the offense is taken. My point was merely to point it out and draw a paralell as to why what one views as merely an opinion can be viewed as offensive by others.