Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 11-04-2014, 09:43 PM   #51
superodalisque

superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatAndProud View Post
FA's are something else, I'll tell you what. I've posted lots of inflammatory posts about them, as of late...but I'll spare you.

I'd use Dimensions as a platform to build your self-confidence. You're a beautiful person, regardless of size. You do not need affirmations from anyone other than yourself. Believe yourself when you say things about yourself - make sure they're positive. Being awesome takes time. Loving yourself takes a lifetime. Use this community to meet like-minded people that deal with your EXACT trials and tribulations pertaining to your size. You are not alone here, and that's what it's about

Hi, I'm Katie, by the way
exactly . I agree with what Katie said. you are not alone shadowedmorning . and also, it is all about you. it's not about what any guy thinks of you. you are a self contained unit of awesome. don't let anyone come between you and your love affair with yourself. if you do a lot of people will make sure that you are worse off than when you came.
Old 11-04-2014, 09:47 PM   #52
superodalisque

superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extinctor100 View Post
So I can't love lasagna???
no you can't. I thought you were a writer and understood things like personification, but I guess not.
Old 11-04-2014, 10:12 PM   #53
superodalisque

I thought I would add this to your thread which is going to be so helpful to other people as well as yourself:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10421451_395267707287937_2171429926208830234_n.jpg (40.9 KB, 82 views)
Old 11-04-2014, 10:16 PM   #54
superodalisque

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldo View Post
Hi ShadowedMorning welcome to the BBW/FA community. I hope you find the lasting self-acceptance you desire (and deserve).

This is an important aspect to keep in mind for many fat women. It's not that they don't know about FAs, but in general they dismiss us as self-centered (and generally perverted) jerks, only interested in keeping them fat (and very often making them fatter) for our own pleasure. Also, while a fat person may get to a point of accepting their body, they generally still will be utterly bewildered as to how someone finds it attractive (thus the default conclusion that we must be perverts).

And when health problems come into the picture, the FA's character is further shown. Unfortunately, it seems many (probably even most) self-identifying FAs fit this description, putting the partner's appearance too high on their priority list.

If they are lucky enough to find an FA who is not of the self-centered jerk variety, fat women who can actually believe in the sensuousness of their bodies (as opposed to just 'accepting' their unattractive body) have a better opportunity to have a mutually fulfilling relationship. So overall the odds are not in your favor, but doesn't mean you shouldn't try.
or maybe, sometimes, it's just not about you.
Old 11-12-2014, 12:51 AM   #55
Jooplef

Jooplef can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowedmorning View Post
I always assumed that if a guy was flirting with me or calling me attractive, it was some kind of joke or there was some angle. As in, are you going to tell me I'm beautiful and then when I accept your compliment, call me fat and stupid and laugh with your friends?

So for me, I'm always guarded against the things that men say to me about my appearance because my initial instinct is to assume they're lying.
I'm not sure why lying would be an immediate assumption; hopefully your self-image will improve drastically! As an aside, I saw this image on FB the other day:

It's not 100% true, and not particularly positive for those men that disagree, but a lot of people laughed and agreed with the sentiment. There's a reason that the Venus of Willendorf was representative of femininity.
Jooplef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 09:26 PM   #56
Sunshine_Fette

Sunshine_Fette is a member of the 500 clubSunshine_Fette is a member of the 500 clubSunshine_Fette is a member of the 500 clubSunshine_Fette is a member of the 500 clubSunshine_Fette is a member of the 500 clubSunshine_Fette is a member of the 500 club

Shadowedmorning, you are a beautiful girl and I have enjoyed reading this post, thank you. Everyone here seems so supportive, makes me so happy I joined The path to self love can be so hard, but it does get easier with time!

I have only been a member for 2 hours and I already love this place the most!
Sunshine_Fette is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
another supero hijacking