Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 10-20-2013, 07:51 AM   #176
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB View Post
I'm dumbing it down for this one. Three chords, no waiting...
Hah, so you're playing like me then. Almost every song I write is G C D rinse and repeat! Every now and then I'll throw in an Em to class it up a little.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:29 AM   #177
MattB

MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!

Six songs, I'd be shocked if it goes over 12 minutes total time.

If I wasn't so busy with work, I could've had this done in a few days max.
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:35 PM   #178
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Here's another of my 4 chord specials!! A brand new song I wrote called,

Lonesome Yellow Rose

P.S. I need to credit my dogs for doing backup for me on the last chorus!
Old 10-27-2013, 09:09 PM   #179
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I spent the weekend mapping, transcribing, playing and recording Christmas Music so I can have it ready for December. I'm fucking exhausted.
Old 10-29-2013, 07:12 PM   #180
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

HeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoGibson View Post
Here's another of my 4 chord specials!! A brand new song I wrote called,

Lonesome Yellow Rose

P.S. I need to credit my dogs for doing backup for me on the last chorus!

Great work Leo! im planning on posting another cover and an original song soon!
Old 10-30-2013, 03:27 AM   #181
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyDuty24 View Post
Great work Leo! im planning on posting another cover and an original song soon!
Thanks HD24! I was happy with how this song turned out. I think I'm going to work out a full arrangement for it.

I'll look forward checking yours out when you post it.
Old 11-02-2013, 11:27 AM   #182
MattB

MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!

Nothing new from me, but I upgraded my recording PC so I'll be able to do a lot more with it now without taxing the system. 88.2!
Old 11-09-2013, 06:25 PM   #183
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Got a new one just finished off. Recorded with some other good players, I was pretty happy with how it came out. It is a little more rock and roll than I normally do, so if you like a little Southern Rock, here ya go!

Strange Ways

Old 11-09-2013, 08:30 PM   #184
MattB

Quote:
Got a new one just finished off. Recorded with some other good players, I was pretty happy with how it came out. It is a little more rock and roll than I normally do, so if you like a little Southern Rock, here ya go!

Strange Ways

So, do you have a band now or is this all online collaboration? This is like a Southern version of the Velvet Underground or something...Wow.

BTW- Tweaked my system so now I'm at 96/24 recording...
Old 11-09-2013, 08:33 PM   #185
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:

Strange Ways

Seriously dug the call and response between yourself and the other vocalist.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:09 PM   #186
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB View Post
So, do you have a band now or is this all online collaboration? This is like a Southern version of the Velvet Underground or something...Wow.

BTW- Tweaked my system so now I'm at 96/24 recording...
Nice!! Should be able to lay down some tracks with that.

No, no band as yet. Hopefully one day. This is an online collaboration over at Kompoz.Com

I like the Velvet Underground comparison from the standpoint that I like to consider what I do country punk. Simple, straight forward balls out like good punk, but with a twangy sensibility!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hozay J Garseeya View Post
Seriously dug the call and response between yourself and the other vocalist.
Thanks!! The lady I'm singing with did some extra little parts on her end and I liked it so much I went back and recorded some more parts where I answered her parts and we wound up with a little back and forth that seemed to work for the song.
Old 11-10-2013, 03:04 AM   #187
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

HeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:

Strange Ways

Loved it Leo! alittle bit of Reckless Kelly alittle bit of ZZ Top. Loved it
Old 11-10-2013, 08:35 AM   #188
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyDuty24 View Post
Loved it Leo! alittle bit of Reckless Kelly alittle bit of ZZ Top. Loved it
Thanks dude! Two great acts to emulate, that's for sure!
Old 11-11-2013, 02:52 AM   #189
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

Quote:
Thanks dude! Two great acts to emulate, that's for sure!
You got that right man! you sounded great! that was a good collab!
Old 11-22-2013, 04:16 PM   #190
LeoGibson
Slangin'

A friend of mine sent me some heavy riffs, so I had some fun with them and arranged them into sections and came up with lyrics and a vocal melody and sent it back to him and he performed and recorded it and here is a pretty good modern rock track we collaborated on.

Thousand Yard Stare

Old 11-22-2013, 09:16 PM   #191
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

I'm having another little Saturday night Jam session with the roommate and it's been a lot of fun.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:50 PM   #192
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Another weekend killing some time

Little Boxes, bad ukulele, bad vocals, bad everything, lots of fun.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:16 PM   #193
bremerton
uses ALL the buffalo

bremerton has super-sized repbremerton has super-sized repbremerton has super-sized repbremerton has super-sized repbremerton has super-sized rep

Quote:

i got really pissed when agrestic burned down and they didn't have that as the opening credits any more.

actually, i should have just stopped watching when agrestic burned down because it got stupid. good cover, my dears.
bremerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:37 PM   #194
Lil BigginZ
just a NORML guy

Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bremerton View Post
i got really pissed when agrestic burned down and they didn't have that as the opening credits any more.

actually, i should have just stopped watching when agrestic burned down because it got stupid. good cover, my dears.
I watched it until the series finale. I'll admit it got stupid, but Doug's ending to the series made it worth it for me.
Old 11-23-2013, 07:43 AM   #195
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Quote:
I'm having another little Saturday night Jam session with the roommate and it's been a lot of fun.
That has to be cool, having a built in jam partner for a roomate. I have yet to play with other people and I really want to as soon as possible.
Old 11-23-2013, 08:15 AM   #196
Lil BigginZ
just a NORML guy

Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
That has to be cool, having a built in jam partner for a roomate. I have yet to play with other people and I really want to as soon as possible.
Move to Seattle
Old 11-23-2013, 08:32 AM   #197
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil BigginZ View Post
Move to Seattle
Actually, that's on the shortlist for us if we ever decide to move from Texas again.
Old 11-23-2013, 06:44 PM   #198
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Quote:

I disagree about the bad everything. You may not have hit all the notes, or played mechanically perfect. Yes, I know if you're a trained musician, it's those things that drive you nuts if you don't do them right, but this was loose. It had feeling. It was in the moment and it was good. You captured a moment in time that was living and breathing and in turn, entertaining for the listener.

Nice little jam fellas. That's what music is all about. At least to me anyway.
Old 11-29-2013, 04:08 PM   #199
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Finally finished up one I've been working on for a while. I was really pleased with all the performances everyone gave on it. It has good Stones-esque country/rock feel to it.

Sinners And Saints

Old 11-29-2013, 05:01 PM   #200
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Quote:
I disagree about the bad everything. You may not have hit all the notes, or played mechanically perfect. Yes, I know if you're a trained musician, it's those things that drive you nuts if you don't do them right, but this was loose. It had feeling. It was in the moment and it was good. You captured a moment in time that was living and breathing and in turn, entertaining for the listener.

Nice little jam fellas. That's what music is all about. At least to me anyway.
You're completely right. It's actually been tons of fun having Rich around. We will randomly burst into ukulele song and dance at the dinner table. That really is what it's all about, having fun and enjoying ourselves.