Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 06-02-2013, 12:56 AM   #1
The Educator

The Educator can now change their title
Default BHM Politicians

Has anyone noticed how many there are? When I get to a desktop I'll add a few to this thread.
The Educator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 03:16 AM   #2
The Educator

Governor Chris Christie, President Cleveland, Australian MP Michael Danby, President Taft and Mayor Rob Ford.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Chris Christie.jpg (6.4 KB, 128 views)
File Type: jpg grover-cleveland-in-chair.jpg (32.2 KB, 129 views)
File Type: jpg Michael Danby.jpg (26.1 KB, 129 views)
File Type: jpg President Taft.jpg (19.6 KB, 129 views)
File Type: jpg RobFord.jpg (50.5 KB, 129 views)
Old 06-02-2013, 03:18 AM   #3
The Educator

And how could I leave out... Springfield's Mayor Quimby.
Attached Images
File Type: gif Mayor quimby.gif (14.2 KB, 127 views)
Old 06-02-2013, 03:26 AM   #4
Mckee

Mckee has super-sized repMckee has super-sized repMckee has super-sized repMckee has super-sized rep

Giovanni Spadolini, 44th italian prime minister.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg spadolini.jpg (22.6 KB, 130 views)
Old 06-02-2013, 09:29 PM   #5
The Educator

Helen Herron Taft had the honor of being the wife of the heaviest US President.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:43 PM   #6
Esther
Queen Black Acid

Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Ugh, Rob Ford is not a BHM. The 'H' stands for handsome!
He's just a gross slob.
Esther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:45 AM   #7
djudex
I'm out

djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esther View Post
He's just a gross slob.
Ahh you're just saying that because he's a crack smocking dictator

"Quia Sic Dico"
djudex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:36 AM   #8
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esther View Post
He's just a gross slob.
This leads to the interesting question whether every big man automatically is a BHM - same applies by the way to BBW.

The honest answer probably is 'no'.
There are some people who for a host of reasons simply aren't handsome/beautiful or simple good-looking at all, no matter how much you stretch the term or subscribe to the notion that beauty is only in the eyes of the beholder.
Sometimes because they have disproportionate features, or a very unlucky hand at styling or it can also be that their size isn't ideal for their build or whatever.

This can go both ways actually - some people look at lot better when they're big (ger), with some it's the other way around.

BHM and BBW probably are simply used to acquaint most people with the idea that large people can be (very) attractive, a thought alien to mainstream culture.

Back to the actual question of the thread:

For many years a true SSB(H)M - another case where we would need to discuss the 'H' part - on the international political scene was German Chancellor Helmut Kohl. 6'4", minimum 400 pounds - was often described as physically intimidating and was known to require double portions in the government mansions of the world.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-currency.html

A good example for a politician (albeit a politically very controversial extreme right-winger) who was a BHM is Belgian N-VA leader Bart de Wever.
His massive weight loss has not only aged him by decades (he's only 42!) but also made him lose his visual hallmark, making him totally non-descript and unrecognizable. It'll be interesting to see which effects this might have during the next election..

http://www.bloomberg.com/image/i1C.zSepzaaw.jpg

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/image...16713557-1.jpg
agouderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:33 AM   #9
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I suspect that Rob Ford could lose a hundred pounds, and still not look appealing to many people. On the other hand, in all fairness to the guy's looks, after building his career in part by bashing traditional media, it is perhaps not surprising that they tend not to chose the most flattering pictures of him. (on the other hand, his politics and personality would probably make me consider him repellent, no matter how he looked).

Canadian Finance Minister Jim Flaherty is also not going to pass for a heart throb, but treatment for a skin condition has led to weight gain and puffiness, making him look pretty tubby lately http://nationalpostcomment.files.wor...ty-1.jpg?w=620
http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2...n_ailment.html

And right up there with Rob Ford in the scandal-plagued-pale/blotchy-fat-Canadian-politicians list is Senator Duffy. Well, really he was a political journalist who was appointed to the Canadian Senate, where he apparently believed that no other journalists would be interested in his expense statements.... http://www.ottawacitizen.com/7912532.bin
http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/P6...-this-week.jpg

And the question of whether BHM simply means "a fat man" or whether one has to judge whether the "H" applies is a tricky one. With regard to BBW, it seems to me that the consensus is that all women can be beautiful, so it is an appropriate tag for any fat woman. BHM seems to invite more questions about the "H" part, though.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:42 AM   #10
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Who could forget Boris Yeltsin?

Although, again, "handsome" is a pretty far stretch.

Old 06-05-2013, 03:53 PM   #11
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agouderia View Post
This leads to the interesting question whether every big man automatically is a BHM - same applies by the way to BBW.

The honest answer probably is 'no'.
There are some people who for a host of reasons simply aren't handsome/beautiful or simple good-looking at all, no matter how much you stretch the term or subscribe to the notion that beauty is only in the eyes of the beholder.
Sometimes because they have disproportionate features, or a very unlucky hand at styling or it can also be that their size isn't ideal for their build or whatever.

This can go both ways actually - some people look at lot better when they're big (ger), with some it's the other way around.

BHM and BBW probably are simply used to acquaint most people with the idea that large people can be (very) attractive, a thought alien to mainstream culture.

Back to the actual question of the thread:

For many years a true SSB(H)M - another case where we would need to discuss the 'H' part - on the international political scene was German Chancellor Helmut Kohl. 6'4", minimum 400 pounds - was often described as physically intimidating and was known to require double portions in the government mansions of the world.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-currency.html

A good example for a politician (albeit a politically very controversial extreme right-winger) who was a BHM is Belgian N-VA leader Bart de Wever.
His massive weight loss has not only aged him by decades (he's only 42!) but also made him lose his visual hallmark, making him totally non-descript and unrecognizable. It'll be interesting to see which effects this might have during the next election..

http://www.bloomberg.com/image/i1C.zSepzaaw.jpg

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/image...16713557-1.jpg
I know this is totally off topic but I happen to have this conversation a lot with people. The idea that just because someone is fat, it automatically makes them attractive. That idea permeates the minds here that I feel it gets out of hand sometimes. New users will sometimes show up and just say "i'm fat lol, hope to meet ladies HMU," or people will just post a picture of their gut and expect the world/site to come running at them. (Like I said, off topic, but slightly relevant.) So yeah, I guess the "H" is subjective, but a personal can at least over-all be handsom, no?
Old 06-05-2013, 03:55 PM   #12
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromond View Post

There's a band that I listen to occasionally called "Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin." Off topic again...
Old 06-05-2013, 04:17 PM   #13
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromond View Post

LOL ... I remember Yeltsin mainly next to Kohl - and in that context he didn't look big at all!
His facial features were so bloated from alcohol that he actually did come across as bigger than he actually was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hozay J Garseeya View Post
I know this is totally off topic but I happen to have this conversation a lot with people. The idea that just because someone is fat, it automatically makes them attractive. That idea permeates the minds here that I feel it gets out of hand sometimes. New users will sometimes show up and just say "i'm fat lol, hope to meet ladies HMU," or people will just post a picture of their gut and expect the world/site to come running at them. (Like I said, off topic, but slightly relevant.) So yeah, I guess the "H" is subjective, but a personal can at least over-all be handsom, no?
To not be misunderstood - of course there are lots of real BHMs and BBWs around.

I'm just sceptical of labeling every big person with the adjective.

Vice versa - would you call every skinny guy or thin woman handsome or beautiful? Out of convention, because they meet the social size norm? No - they're thin or skinny, but that doesn't necessarily make them attractive, it only describes their size. Whether they're good looking hinges on other factors.

'Handsome' is not quite as loaded, so it can be applied more liberally to men who somehow fit the pattern.
I'm particularly vary though of the inflationary use of the 'beautiful' label. That sets a very high visual standard which, lets face it, only a minority of women of any size fulfills. Pretty, good looking, cute, attractive, etc. - one of these fits for many women, again regardless of their size.

'Handsome' is not quite as loaded, so can be applied more liberally.
agouderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:18 AM   #14
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I think the use of 'beautiful' may vary culturally? Certainly I've seen lots of claims (outside of size acceptance circles) that 'all bodies are beautiful' or 'all women are beautiful.' Generally there seems to be a trend, at least in my cultural reference area, towards shifting beautiful away from being a judgement and toward making it more like an intensifier (if that is the right term? Something used to highlight a particular aspect of something.....like saying something is ruby red or a brisk cold)
Old 06-06-2013, 06:57 PM   #15
The Educator

Rob Ford is disgustingly racist as well, but physically, he does not look ugly to me.
Old 06-15-2013, 04:09 AM   #16
sarahe543

sarahe543 has super-sized repsarahe543 has super-sized repsarahe543 has super-sized repsarahe543 has super-sized repsarahe543 has super-sized rep

whoever the dude is with the trousers pulled up high that is NEVER a good look. I agree big doesn't mean handsome. Got to be an interesting person and have lovely eyes and a lovely smile, and exude confidence.
sarahe543 is offline   Reply With Quote