Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 07-14-2013, 02:49 AM   #26
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Are you also on a daily regimen of fish oil capsules?

(I take 4g (4800mg) daily. meh.)
Yep. Got that covered.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:59 PM   #27
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Are you also on a daily regimen of fish oil capsules?

(I take 4g (4800mg) daily. meh.)
Me too. Burrrrp - Yech, Burrrrp - Yech.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:06 PM   #28
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I've never gotten fish burps from fish oil caps.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:38 PM   #29
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Peppers, the sweeter, the more allergic I am. In fact, most nightshades, in various degrees of sensitivity. But peppers are another story. I can't even be in the house if you're cutting fresh peppers and I can't pick one up in the supermarket. I have to ask an employee to bag one, if I'm shopping for someone else, because red streaks will appear on my fingers, hands and up my arms. Even the bag they're in has to be turned inside out because if I pull it out of the grocery bag at home and the pepper touched it, my fingers will go numb before I even see what it is I'm touching.

I can and do use black pepper, crushed red pepper flakes in moderation, hot sauce and siracha, again, in moderation.

I'm also allergic to a milk protein, which I thought was lactose intolerance, but it turned out to be the protein thing. Ice cream in particular gives me a violent gastric reaction for days.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:39 PM   #30
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithnwesson View Post
Me too. Burrrrp - Yech, Burrrrp - Yech.
My doctor told me that if you take red krill instead, you can eliminate the burps.

Free me, free yourself
No longer hold me

Old 08-18-2013, 08:14 AM   #31
Cobra Verde
Lupus Dei

Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Lightbulb

Apple juice gives me a headache.

Some Chinese food too, but I think it's the MSG.

And I'm allergic to penicillin dogs.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:40 AM   #32
moore2me
Lions don't need to spank

moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HottiMegan View Post
-Being about 80% vegan eliminates a lot from my ability to eat. I say 80% cuz i do have cheese occasionally. I am working hard at eliminating it completely but i just love it
-I can't eat pineapple, it makes little painful sores in my mouth. I love pineapple too! If i eat a few pieces i'll be okay but i fear those little sores.
-peppers: They make me burp for days, nasty peppery burps.. Pretty sad since i really like peppers
- bananas: the texture just makes me gag. But i'm okay with baked goods with banana and i love banana-blueberry pancakes. I can't eat custardy things due to the texture too. Textures have to be just right or i can't eat them.
I love pineapple too and had the same trouble with fresh pineapple. I has enzymes and acids in it that are really hard on my mouth too and make the same sores. I researched it and found that if I take fresh pineapple, chuck it up, put it in a pot with water and cooked it for thirty minutes or so (add sugar and more water as necessary (or splenda and oj) until syrup is thick. Pineapple will turn golden brown. It will be delicious and it will not hurt your mouth any more - the enzymes will be destroyed.
moore2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 04:55 PM   #33
Sweet Tooth
Deep. W i d e.

Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I find a lot of my food allergies are handled by modifications like cooking. Of course, then people doubt my allergies quite vocally. [I really don't see why it has to be an issue, but it's almost like people take my health issues personally. Ridiculous.] Tomatoes are a perfect example. I have the burning mouth and throat from fresh. With cooked, I can have in moderation with no issues.
Old 08-18-2013, 06:45 PM   #34
Oona

Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

The list of things I can't eat just got HUGE and it kind of pisses me off.
Oona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:45 PM   #35
cinnamitch
nope

cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!

Can't do Cilantro, it tastes soapy.
Rosemary- Not so much I can't eat it, I hate it. Tastes horrible
Really spicy food kills my stomach.
cinnamitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:23 PM   #36
moonvine
Queen of Contempt

moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Very allergic to pistachios - they are generally easy to avoid but every once in a while I accidentally eat some cooked into something and then...it is not good.
Last time this happened I ate cannolis...yeah...not eating them again.

Don't eat because I don't like - bell pepper, mayo, raw tomatoes. I substitute yogurt or sour cream for mayo in cooking. Bell pepper I just leave out.

Also do not eat fish of any kind, ever. I take 3000 mg fish oil daily. I take Sundown brand and do not get fish oil burps.

I eat little seafood - will eat shrimp and clams.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:35 PM   #37
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Well, I am going to the State Fair tomorrow to volunteer for Toastmasters, and wondering how much of the food is made with high fructose corn syrup.

Hoping it won't be too much. I'll avoid the sweets.
EMH1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:59 PM   #38
jcas50
Liberal Scum

jcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot pics

port wine, pink gin he'll drink anythin' (Kinks reference)... and I can eat most anything. I used to prefer not to eat turkey, but lately I just eat it all. I joined the airport lounge so that when I have to wait for a flight it involves unlimited snacks and booze. European lounges are better than American, due to the quality of beer wine and free lunches.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:28 PM   #39
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

So basically lately, anything fried makes me ill. I miss french fries and chips.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:55 PM   #40
QuasimodoQT
Shy viking

QuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticed

The biggest is an allergy to capsaicin- the chemical that makes chiles hot. Swells my lips, mouth, tongue and airway, and been to the hospital with it. Sweet bell peppers don't have capsaicin, and are fine- as are peppercorns of any kind- that's a different family.

I'm with cinnamith on cilantro- I get the mouth full of dish soap response, too.

Then there's texture. Mushrooms, eggplant, marshmallow, ugh. Shrimp, ugh. Cold canned tomatoes, ugh. Anything slimy, ugh.

But in general, I just don't love seafood at all. And mustard I find just gross.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:03 PM   #41
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!

Even though I still eat them on occasion, the only thing I have somewhat of an aversion to are really creamy foods. Creams (i.e. sour, whip), mayo, yogurt, and the like. I have to eat them slowly, or have something of a different texture to coincide. The consistency will make me gag if I have too much at once.

I'm trying Greek yogurt right now, and I have to eat it a bit slow.

Dishonorable mention: Red bull and my stomach do not mix.

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal
Jon Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:59 PM   #42
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

Cilantro (also called coriander in some parts of the world) tastes like soap, research has found, because of a link to a gene. Some studies say those whom it reminds of Ivory are not crazy but it may actually be a lack of, or an additional enzyme in their saliva that causes the taste. Following is a link to the first sentence. I can't locate the link to the enzyme study. I too taste soap only but wish I didn't.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1901124.html

Free me, free yourself
No longer hold me

Old 09-03-2013, 06:41 PM   #43
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Blaze View Post
Even though I still eat them on occasion, the only thing I have somewhat of an aversion to are really creamy foods. The consistency will make me gag if I have too much at once.

I'm trying Greek yogurt right now, and I have to eat it a bit slow.
A lot of people don't realize how important texture is to our enjoyment of food. I love Greek yogurt, but I like it even better with fruit mixed in. Blueberries seem to be cheap right now; I wonder if they'd improve the "yogurt experience" for you?
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:59 AM   #44
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
A lot of people don't realize how important texture is to our enjoyment of food. I love Greek yogurt, but I like it even better with fruit mixed in. Blueberries seem to be cheap right now; I wonder if they'd improve the "yogurt experience" for you?
It was actually strawberry flavored, so I threw a strawberry in it after picking at it a bit. Much more paleteable

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal
Jon Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:15 PM   #45
fat9276

fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I too am all about textures...

-I do not like my eggs runny (no sunny side up, yolk has to be broken and cooked fully).
-I do not like most raw tomatoes by themselves (pico de gallo/ fresh salsa are fine). The only one I have ever really enjoyed alone, were my Dad's homegrown heirloom variety.
-I can rarely eat deli meat sandwiches on store bought sliced bread because the combined texture of deli meat, bread and vegetables is usually just sickening to me.
-boiled okra (it's like eating a slug)
-fresh figs
-any fruit with a "mealy" texture

*I can't digest raw or even cooked garlic well anymore. Not to be gross but it will give me the worst gas ever. I usually cook it as whole cloves for taste and then discard it when done cooking.
*Pineapple makes my tongue/taste buds go numb but I won't give it up
*I have a slight digestive problem with dairy but not bad enough to leave it alone.
*Wild greens (popular in salads) will put me in the bathroom within an hour.
*I can't eat out much anywhere because my tummy is so sensitive to even the slightest bacteria, etc.
fat9276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:47 PM   #46
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastingPearls View Post
Cilantro (also called coriander in some parts of the world) tastes like soap, research has found, because of a link to a gene. Some studies say those whom it reminds of Ivory are not crazy but it may actually be a lack of, or an additional enzyme in their saliva that causes the taste. Following is a link to the first sentence. I can't locate the link to the enzyme study. I too taste soap only but wish I didn't.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1901124.html
I am so grateful i can eat cilantro. I have heard about that study too. I had a friend who refused all guacamole in case it had cilantro. I make a salad that consists of mostly cilantro and just love it!
Old 09-05-2013, 05:49 PM   #47
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat9276 View Post
I too am all about textures...

-I do not like most raw tomatoes by themselves (pico de gallo/ fresh salsa are fine). The only one I have ever really enjoyed alone, were my Dad's homegrown heirloom variety.
All the digestive things you listed are things i battle with too!
And cannot eat raw tomatoes either. Salsa is ok but i pick them out of salads and other things, cant stand them!
Old 09-05-2013, 06:26 PM   #48
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat9276 View Post
Quote:
And cannot eat raw tomatoes either. Salsa is ok but i pick them out of salads and other things, cant stand them!

Most commercially grown tomatoes have been developed for uniformity of shape and toughness of skin (since they have to travel) and are an abomination. If you're lucky enough to have a farmers' market near you, you may be able to find heirloom or other, tastier varieties there. One other point: do not refrigerate tomatoes (unless you've sliced them or otherwise broken the skin). I don't know why it is, but tomatoes that go into the fridge lose much of their flavor. So it's best to buy a few and use them quickly.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:46 AM   #49
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
Most commercially grown tomatoes have been developed for uniformity of shape and toughness of skin (since they have to travel) and are an abomination. If you're lucky enough to have a farmers' market near you, you may be able to find heirloom or other, tastier varieties there. One other point: do not refrigerate tomatoes (unless you've sliced them or otherwise broken the skin). I don't know why it is, but tomatoes that go into the fridge lose much of their flavor. So it's best to buy a few and use them quickly.
It's a texture thing for me. Most years i grow my own tomatoes for the family and still wont eat them. I'm very childish about the textures of my food. I think i'd like bananas if it weren't for the texture.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:31 AM   #50
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Quote:
It's a texture thing for me. Most years i grow my own tomatoes for the family and still wont eat them. I'm very childish about the textures of my food. I think i'd like bananas if it weren't for the texture.

My wife loves anything banana-flavored ... except bananas. As in your case, it's the texture. But I don't think there's anything childish about it: the appearance and texture of your food are just as important to your enjoyment as its taste.