Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 12-18-2007, 09:28 PM   #26
FreeThinker

FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Delacroix View Post
Anyone ever try heavy whipping cream in coffee?
Quite nice, actually, but not so much better than ordinary cream that I'd bother doing it regularly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandySmooch View Post
Try using eggnog instead of milk to make french toast!
Holy Jumping Mother Of God In A Sidecar With Chocolate Jimmies And A Lobster Bib!!!

You know, of course, that you're a genius, yes?
FreeThinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 10:13 PM   #27
Fascinita
Jeez, we're blessed!

Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Try it with soy nog. Yummy! Soy nog = better than the "real stuff" No lie.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:35 PM   #28
Santaclear
User

Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeThinker View Post
Quite nice, actually, but not so much better than ordinary cream that I'd bother doing it regularly.
Ever try cream cheese in coffee? To die for!

Last edited by Santaclear; 12-18-2007 at 10:39 PM.
Santaclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 07:55 AM   #29
CandySmooch

CandySmooch can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesCandySmooch can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santaclear View Post
Ever try cream cheese in coffee? To die for!
WHAT?????????????????????????? CREAM CHEESE????? PLEASE EXPLAIN
Old 12-19-2007, 07:56 AM   #30
CandySmooch

CandySmooch can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesCandySmooch can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fascinita View Post
Try it with soy nog. Yummy! Soy nog = better than the "real stuff" No lie.
I love soy milk - I drink it regularly - however I did not think the Soy Nog is comparable to reall Egg Nog - I didn't enjoy it.
Old 12-19-2007, 07:58 AM   #31
CandySmooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeThinker View Post

Holy Jumping Mother Of God In A Sidecar With Chocolate Jimmies And A Lobster Bib!!!

You know, of course, that you're a genius, yes?

It is sooooo awesome, I don't even remember why I started doing it to begin with, but it really does "kick it up a notch". You can really taste the egg nog in the french toast and it is soooooooooooo yummy! I insist everyone try it.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:29 PM   #32
Santaclear
User

Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
WHAT?????????????????????????? CREAM CHEESE????? PLEASE EXPLAIN
Half and half = creamy
Whole cream = creamier
Egg nog in coffee = creamy and sweet
Cream cheese in coffee = strange

Last edited by Santaclear; 12-19-2007 at 01:34 PM.
Santaclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 01:40 PM   #33
Judge_Dre

Judge_Dre never has a post go unnoticedJudge_Dre never has a post go unnoticedJudge_Dre never has a post go unnoticedJudge_Dre never has a post go unnoticedJudge_Dre never has a post go unnoticedJudge_Dre never has a post go unnoticedJudge_Dre never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurvyKaytee View Post
so it might sound a little gross
but i lovee eggnog in my chai tea

Oregon Origional Chai Latte.. it comes in these boxes
mix it with some eggnog (and a little milk if it's too rich for you)
heat it up
and it's amazinggg.

I don't like eggnog in my hot chocolate so much, but gingerbread flavored syrup in it is really good!
I don't drink coffee, but I love chai I got to try it with eggnogg. I ended up choosing chai as my drink after going to college with a girl who was an assistant manager at a Starbucks. she was trained to determine what drink is perfect for an indecisive patron. She asked ma a series of questions then determined that chai was my drink. After class I went to a starbucks and order a cup of chai. It was so good that ever since, I have ordered chai whenever I'm in a cafe.
Judge_Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 01:43 PM   #34
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Yesterday I was at Starbucks (I know, what a shock ) and overheard a customer ordering a drink. He ordered an eggnog chai tea latte and my ears perked right up. I'm avoiding sweets right now but as soon as I can indulge again, I plan on trying one. It sounds divine.
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 01:46 PM   #35
Judge_Dre

Judge_Dre never has a post go unnoticedJudge_Dre never has a post go unnoticedJudge_Dre never has a post go unnoticedJudge_Dre never has a post go unnoticedJudge_Dre never has a post go unnoticedJudge_Dre never has a post go unnoticedJudge_Dre never has a post go unnoticed

As a kid, I remember once putting chocolate syrup in my eggnog. It tasted great. I wonder why no one has thought of marketing chocolate eggnog. This thread has inspired me to try an other experiment. I'm going to put strawberry syrup in my eggnog and see how it tastes. I'll report back on my findings.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:49 PM   #36
Judge_Dre

I'm actually going to bake an eggnog pie this year for Christmas. This is my first time making it. Anyone ever tried it before?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Triple_Layer_Eggnog_Pie.jpg (8.5 KB, 62 views)
Old 12-19-2007, 02:12 PM   #37
CandySmooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge_Dre View Post
I'm actually going to bake an eggnog pie this year for Christmas. This is my first time making it. Anyone ever tried it before?
that sounds divine! i'll be waiting for the results!
Old 12-19-2007, 07:04 PM   #38
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
OMG...one of my favorite recipes from MANY yrs ago was eggnog pie. It was wonderful!

It didn't look like lemon meringue like in that pic, tho.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 03:02 PM   #39
Sweet_Serenade
Foodaholic

Sweet_Serenade does more than just post hot picsSweet_Serenade does more than just post hot picsSweet_Serenade does more than just post hot pics

That sounds really good, I'll have to give it a try!
Coffee = <3
Eggnog = <333
So eggnoffee (c) must = <<3333
And that's so much <3 I fear I may die if I drink it.
Sweet_Serenade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 10:57 PM   #40
FreeThinker

FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Try using eggnog instead of milk to make french toast!
I tried this, thanks to your suggestion, and it was AMAZING!

Thank You!!!
FreeThinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:11 AM   #41
altered states
seņor member

altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft View Post
I think egg nog in hot chocolate would be killer! And add a shot of Bailey's.
You are a genius! The idea of this is making me drool right now - I'm gonna try this out tonight and report back. Though I'm way too manly to ask a bartender for this, so I'll mix it up at home.
altered states is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:13 AM   #42
altered states
seņor member

altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes View Post
would it curdle, though? why do i think it might curdle?
It shouldn't, but there's a whole other factor in terms of how skanked out you get drinking uncooked eggs. Rocky approves, so I'm down too.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:07 PM   #43
Neen
Free Spirit

Neen can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesNeen can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesNeen can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Eggnog in coffee is such a delicious combination!! I will have to try eggnog in hot chocolate...
Old 01-05-2008, 01:21 AM   #44
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tres huevos View Post
You are a genius! The idea of this is making me drool right now - I'm gonna try this out tonight and report back. Though I'm way too manly to ask a bartender for this, so I'll mix it up at home.
Well....? How was it? I haven't tried it (just made it up).
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
Old 01-05-2008, 06:39 AM   #45
altered states
seņor member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft View Post
Well....? How was it? I haven't tried it (just made it up).
Got home late last night and forgot to pick up egg nog! Sorry - I'll give it another shot tonight. I already have some killer hot chocolate in the house so I'm halfway there....
Old 01-05-2008, 04:33 PM   #46
RevolOggerp

RevolOggerp has said some nice things

Quote:
Where you hear about that?
RevolOggerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 05:08 PM   #47
CandySmooch

Ok so I decided to put Nestle's Choc. Syrup in my eggnog to make ..........Chocolate Egg Nog and OMG!!!! Why someone has not packaged this & already marketed it already is beyond me!
Old 01-07-2008, 06:15 PM   #48
Janet
Incredible Edibles

Janet carries a lot of weight on this boardJanet carries a lot of weight on this boardJanet carries a lot of weight on this boardJanet carries a lot of weight on this boardJanet carries a lot of weight on this board
Default Eggnog in scrambled eggs

Quote:
Try using eggnog instead of milk to make french toast! OMG!!! De-lish!!!!!
I made too much egg and eggnog mixture for the amount of bread I had, so after making french toast, I just scrambled the rest.

It is impossible to describe how yummy this was.

I have a friend who regularly puts vanilla in scrambled eggs, so I'm going to have to get her to try this, too!
Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 07:43 PM   #49
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Got home late last night and forgot to pick up egg nog! Sorry - I'll give it another shot tonight. I already have some killer hot chocolate in the house so I'm halfway there....
I am trying to be patient. I might just have to go out and get the ingredients and try it myself!

p.s. I bought Starbucks cream liqueur. Haven't tried it yet but I have great expectations!
Old 01-15-2008, 09:10 PM   #50
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Is egg nog still available in the stores??

(hint hint)