Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 10-07-2008, 08:45 AM   #26
chocolate desire

chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Mine is Pepper Steak I get request from all my friends to fix it all the time.
I love it the next day if there happen to be any leftovers.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:55 AM   #27
D_A_Bunny
www.peaceoneday.org

D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missblueyedeath View Post
My hot dogs can make a grown man cry...

I fry the perfect all beef dog in real butter, till it's uber crisp and golden.
I make my "own" chili with a can of Hormel with extra beans, add a few cups of brown hamburger and add a lil brown sugar(trust me) then a can of hot dog chili sauce. I cook this four hours in a crockpot. It's sticky, and thick...lovely. I fry my hot dog buns in butter till their golden and almost crunchy. I make the hot dogs(8 with onions 8 without) add the chili sauce, and on top of that....I add as much fresh shredded cheddar as humnaly possible and bake it till the cheese gets toasty...

Add some bacon or fried onions...even caramelized onions have been added.
I work around my guests...
I will take two please! OMG, they sound too freakin' good. That is some cooking with love. I know where I will be stopping if I ever pass thru Alabama.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:22 AM   #28
Suze
Too Vanilla For You

Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

my mac n cheese.

you can't get it in restaurants here and the only stuff they have in stores is krafts mac n cheese. (which i hate)

it's a simple recipe
some butter
macaroni
lots of a cheese
last but not least; a splash of ketchup on top
Suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 11:15 AM   #29
SupaSexi

SupaSexi does more than just post hot picsSupaSexi does more than just post hot picsSupaSexi does more than just post hot pics

I love MY potato salad. It is so easy to make, yet so many people can't get it right to save their lives lol. I have given up on eating others unless it kinda looks the same as mine.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:50 PM   #30
lypeaches

lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'm so with you on that, SupaSexi. There was a time period where I kept trying and trying different potato salads (from deli's, mostly). Finally just gave up. Biggest problem being that they often had chunks of onion in them, which I don't like. Grated onion, or powdered onion, but not chunks. How do you make yours?

Mine is basicly potatoes, mayo, mustard, pickle relish, salt & pepper, a little sugar, and usually powdered onion. Oh yes, and some boiled eggs.

Last edited by lypeaches; 10-10-2008 at 12:52 PM.
lypeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:19 PM   #31
SupaSexi

SupaSexi does more than just post hot picsSupaSexi does more than just post hot picsSupaSexi does more than just post hot pics

Hehehe, I am an onion lover, but I try to make sure I dice them very small. My recipe is very simple. All I use is potatoes, onions, boiled eggs, relish, salt & pepper, HELLMANS mayo, and sometimes I add a little yellow mustard. The trick is trying to get the right amount of each of the ingredients. I just keep adding in stuff in until I get it taste the way I like it. I am also anal when it comes to blending it all together. I do a lot of taste tasting before I get it just the way I like it LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lypeaches View Post
I'm so with you on that, SupaSexi. There was a time period where I kept trying and trying different potato salads (from deli's, mostly). Finally just gave up. Biggest problem being that they often had chunks of onion in them, which I don't like. Grated onion, or powdered onion, but not chunks. How do you make yours?

Mine is basicly potatoes, mayo, mustard, pickle relish, salt & pepper, a little sugar, and usually powdered onion. Oh yes, and some boiled eggs.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:54 PM   #32
BBW Betty
Made My Saving Throw

BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

My beef stew. I start by browning the cut-up meat after rolling it in seasoned flour, made with half whole wheat flour and half white flour. I get a really nice, rich, thick gravy with it. I'm just waiting for colder weather so I have an excuse to make it again. If possible, I use carrots, potatoes and onions from my garden. ( I don't bother freezing peas; too much work.)

"Be the change you want to see in the world." --Mahatma Gandhi
BBW Betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 09:27 PM   #33
prettysteve

prettysteve can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesprettysteve can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Wink

Miss Supasexi : Yum! Yum! You are making my mouth water with your recipe.Are you originally from the south. The way you make your homemade potato salad sounds like the way my grandmother made it back in the day..
Old 10-11-2008, 10:00 PM   #34
D_A_Bunny
www.peaceoneday.org

D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Definitely my meatballs and my devilled eggs. I also prefer my own coleslaw and lasagna.

And I only eat HELLMANN's as well.
Old 10-12-2008, 01:04 AM   #35
Lovelyone
Fat, and loveable!

Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!

homemade stuffed peppers
and homemade mac and cheese.
Old 10-12-2008, 02:35 AM   #36
BBWDREAMLOVER
The belly rules the mind.

BBWDREAMLOVER never has a post go unnoticedBBWDREAMLOVER never has a post go unnoticedBBWDREAMLOVER never has a post go unnoticedBBWDREAMLOVER never has a post go unnoticedBBWDREAMLOVER never has a post go unnoticedBBWDREAMLOVER never has a post go unnoticedBBWDREAMLOVER never has a post go unnoticedBBWDREAMLOVER never has a post go unnoticed

Mine is mashed potatos......my whole family claims they are the best ever and even though I share how I make them they claim I'm the only one who can make them right. They don't even need gravy but I always make some to go with. I use a 10 lb bag of russets, peel the potatos cut them into cubes, boil them till I can effortlessly put a wooden spoon thru them, drain them add milk or cream whichever I have at the time, butter, salt/pepper to taste, whip them up and by then the pan is being taken out of my hands and emptied in like 5 mins lol
.............my nachos are pretty fab to

Last edited by BBWDREAMLOVER; 10-12-2008 at 02:42 AM.
BBWDREAMLOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 03:17 AM   #37
Shosh
Susannah

Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Ripples View Post
Im not a pizza fan at all, because the bought ones are too greasy cheesy for me too, and yes the overly sweet base sauce someone mentioned, ugh. I also hate cardboardy, doughy base.

However, yours sounds great, Susannah! I might actually try that the next time i get pita bread! There is one shop pizza that I enjoy, even though I still leave the outside crust lol. It's actually a frozen pizza from a basic budget German supermarket, Lidl. It's a very thin base one, with a tomatoey unfancy base sauce, some round slices of real mozzarella, (not the waxy "pizza" mozzarella), halfed cherry tomatoes, and little blobs of green pesto. It's really good, really simple, just good ingredients that you can taste individually, and not at all greasy or dry, yum!

Sorry for dissing people's love/use of tons of cheese in recipes, I just don't enjoy it, no offence meant!

Homemade pizza is the best Ruby. Once you make your own one at home with your own yummy ingredients like sliced feta, etc you will never want a store bought one again.

You can get the small sized pita bread and have a couple of small pizzas.

The only thing is that you need to keep an eye on it while it is cooking as pita bread can burn quickly once it is cooked.

The feta is yummy, and it does not give the pizza the ultra cheesy taste like regular pizza does.

Enjoy!
Shosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 03:46 AM   #38
wrestlingguy
"Bitter Old Man"

wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

For me, it would have to be crab cakes. We're near the Jersey shore, and there is fresh crab meat aplenty. There are some restaurants in the area who serve excellent crab cakes, but somehow Carla would prefer to have me make my own.

I don't do anything special, really, except the biggest difference is that I don't saute the onions, peppers and celery prior to making the crab cakes. The flavors are a bit more intense by not cooking them, and makes the crab cake a bit crunchier when you bit into them.

Carla (& everyone else) also prefers my hummus to store bought, but that's a relatively simple thing to make.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:31 PM   #39
Lovelyone
Fat, and loveable!

Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!

soft peanut butter choc. chip cookies. Everyone else does something wrong and they end up dry.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:36 PM   #40
Sugar

Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

So for the past couple of months I've been house bound. I live with someone who does most of the shopping at the granola market and there is nothing packaged or pre-made so I've had to cook if I wanted something.

Then last night as a mini celebration of walking with ease again I went out to dinner.

Turns out everything I cook at home sounds better and tasted a million times better than going out. No fillers, no hidden oil or salt and I can make it exactly how I like it as opposed to picking out things. Plus I'm confident that my kitchen is cleaner.

I never thought I'd say it but I'm pretty much done with all restaurants.

Now if someone wants to invite me over for dinner that's a different story!
Sugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 05:10 AM   #41
SupaSexi

Ok, can you please bring me some crab cakes to the next bash LOL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingguy View Post
For me, it would have to be crab cakes. We're near the Jersey shore, and there is fresh crab meat aplenty. There are some restaurants in the area who serve excellent crab cakes, but somehow Carla would prefer to have me make my own.

I don't do anything special, really, except the biggest difference is that I don't saute the onions, peppers and celery prior to making the crab cakes. The flavors are a bit more intense by not cooking them, and makes the crab cake a bit crunchier when you bit into them.

Carla (& everyone else) also prefers my hummus to store bought, but that's a relatively simple thing to make.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:08 AM   #42
prickly

prickly is a member of the 500 clubprickly is a member of the 500 clubprickly is a member of the 500 clubprickly is a member of the 500 clubprickly is a member of the 500 clubprickly is a member of the 500 club
Default yep........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
So for the past couple of months I've been house bound. I live with someone who does most of the shopping at the granola market and there is nothing packaged or pre-made so I've had to cook if I wanted something.

Then last night as a mini celebration of walking with ease again I went out to dinner.

Turns out everything I cook at home sounds better and tasted a million times better than going out. No fillers, no hidden oil or salt and I can make it exactly how I like it as opposed to picking out things. Plus I'm confident that my kitchen is cleaner.

......more people need to have this realisation. although i would suggest that rather than put one off restaurants altogether it does make one very fussy, usually meaning going to more expensive places but less often.
prickly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 08:57 AM   #43
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susannah View Post
Homemade pizza is the best Ruby. Once you make your own one at home with your own yummy ingredients like sliced feta, etc you will never want a store bought one again.

You can get the small sized pita bread and have a couple of small pizzas.
My $.02 worth: I completely agree with Susannah re homemade pizza! But why use pita when it's so easy to make your own crust -- which is about a million times better? Most bread recipes make two loaves, so make half a recipe. Knead the dough and let it rise @ 20 minutes. Instead of kneading it a second time, roll it out and put it on an oiled pizza pan. Pile on whatever your heart desires, bake it for 15 minutes at 425 degrees, and you've got a better pizza than any commercial pizzeria!
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 09:08 AM   #44
SparkGirl
Life In The Fat Lane...

SparkGirl never has a post go unnoticedSparkGirl never has a post go unnoticedSparkGirl never has a post go unnoticedSparkGirl never has a post go unnoticedSparkGirl never has a post go unnoticedSparkGirl never has a post go unnoticedSparkGirl never has a post go unnoticed
Default Apple Pie

I've always preferred my mom's apple pie recipe to any other. I think it has a lot to do with the type of apples used. I prefer the Cortlands, and a decent amount of cinnamon, as well. I'm not nuts about apples that stay tough after cooking them in the pie, whereas the Cortlands soften up when cooked. I'm so hungry now!!!

SparkGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:22 AM   #45
wrestlingguy
"Bitter Old Man"

wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaSexi View Post
Ok, can you please bring me some crab cakes to the next bash LOL?
Hell, yeah, but only if you bring your potato salad!
Old 10-14-2008, 05:05 AM   #46
SupaSexi

YOU'VE GOT A DEAL!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingguy View Post
Hell, yeah, but only if you bring your potato salad!

Last edited by SupaSexi; 10-14-2008 at 05:11 AM.
SupaSexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 11:08 AM   #47
Lovelyone
Fat, and loveable!

I'd rather have my own chocolate silk pie any day of the week.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:39 AM   #48
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My Mom took her apple pie ( tart..not too many spices...flaky crust ) and potato salad recipes with her....* shakes fist at her...then ducks... *. I need to experiment with that pot salad recipe. It was...the best...and very few ingredients. I struggle with the amounts. Oh, Dr Feelgood just made me remember her homemade pizza...with homemade crust...damn.

I prefer my pumpkin bread. I prefer my ' cheesy taters '. I prefer my minestrone. I don't bake that often, but, when I do, I don't use boxed mixes, frostings...etc...so, I guess those are I prefer, when given the choice. My cream puffs, with custard, and semi-sweet/dark chocolate topping...ohhhhhh yeah.
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 09:26 AM   #49
SparklingBBW
What's new pussycat?

SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post

I hear ya on this one! Seems like the only restaurants I like these days are Sushi restaurants or Bob Evans where I just want simple eggs, toast and sausage and it's hard to eff it up too badly.
SparklingBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 04:03 PM   #50
Lovelyone
Fat, and loveable!

I'd rather have my own sausage biscuits and gravy, creamed chipped beef (S.O.S.). crumb cake, pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread.