Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 04-19-2009, 12:33 PM   #1
goofy girl
took a sharp left turn

goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Roadtrip Snacks!!

Ok..in honor of the upcoming NJ bash and summer vacations (and just because it's a fun)...what are your favorite road trip snacks and food??

I need to make sure I have a large (or extra large) coffee, and anything sweet - usually cookies - fun size candy bars are good, too.

I usually have a bottle of water with me, although I rarely ever drink it..I guess I feel like I have to have it in case of emergency or something?? lol

And, since I'm not a driver, I'm a pro at multi-tasking between eating McD's and co-piloting!

Last edited by goofy girl; 04-19-2009 at 12:57 PM.
goofy girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 01:26 PM   #2
BeautifulPoeticDisaster

BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!

An enormous bag of peanut M&M's, pringles, oreos, chilli cheese fritos, trail mix, Pepsi Max!!!, loads of water, hostess cupcakes......

Yeah, that's most of my road tip fun fair. Not very healthy at all, but that's how I roll on road trips
BeautifulPoeticDisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 01:44 PM   #3
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Road trip snacks are my favorite part of vacation. Seriously.

Anything I can buy at a gas station is fair game.
thatgirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 02:10 PM   #4
Weeze
Justin Bieber of Dims

Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

On a recent trip to rochester...
GOLDFISH
diet pepsi
pepperidge farms soft-baked chocolate chunk cookies.

ohh, and subway
Old 04-19-2009, 03:59 PM   #5
sugar and spice

sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Here's what I like to have for snacks on a road trip
A big bag of peanut M&M's
Oreos or other cookies
Doritos or pringles
Bottled water and diet Cokes and Diet Mt. Dew for my husband

If I'm staying in a motel or hotel I have room snacks too ha ha
same as above but also poptarts or other pastry for breakfast and peanuts or trailmix or popcorn or Cheetos the fried not the puffy ones.
Damn now I need to take a trip so I can eat some of this.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:02 PM   #6
rainyday
Departed

rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Peanut M&Ms seem to be popular. Water and ice tea area must. Cold sandwiches always seem to taste better on the road for some reason, so those too.

ETA: Didn't realize these pics would be huge.

Last edited by rainyday; 09-18-2009 at 01:46 AM.
rainyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:03 PM   #7
goofy girl
took a sharp left turn

goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugar and spice View Post
Here's what I like to have for snacks on a road trip
A big bag of peanut M&M's
Oreos or other cookies
Doritos or pringles
Bottled water and diet Cokes and Diet Mt. Dew for my husband

If I'm staying in a motel or hotel I have room snacks too ha ha
same as above but also poptarts or other pastry for breakfast and peanuts or trailmix or popcorn or Cheetos the fried not the puffy ones.
Damn now I need to take a trip so I can eat some of this.
I was actually thinking afterwards that I should have made the thread for roadtrip & hotel snacks! LOL
Old 04-19-2009, 04:03 PM   #8
goofy girl
took a sharp left turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainyday View Post
Water and ice tea always. Amazon carries the jerky and dried raspberries.
I've never heard of dried raspberries! is the texture like a cranberry?
Old 04-19-2009, 04:14 PM   #9
rainyday
Departed

rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy girl View Post
I've never heard of dried raspberries! is the texture like a cranberry?
No, they're not chewy. They're totally dry, like potato chip dry but not at all hard. Might sound too dry but it's not. They're like little bursts of candy.
rainyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:24 PM   #10
PamelaLois
ILL-INI

PamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions community

My favorite road snack is a mixture made up of

Cheddar Goldfish
Chex Mix or Gardettos
M&Ms
raisins

All dumped in a big ziplock back and mixed up. I like eating the M&Ms with the raisins or pretzels
Old 04-19-2009, 05:25 PM   #11
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Capri Sun is my favorite roadtrip drink. I don't know why.
thatgirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:59 PM   #12
toni
In the know

toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Lots of red bull and lots of stopping.

I stop at any food place that catches my eye. One of my favorite reasons to leave NJ is to experience new fast food. I lose soooooo much time to this. I will make stop after stop and sample everything.
toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:15 PM   #13
bigsexy920
Ok I'll be good.

bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I dont like to eat or drink on the road. I worry about pit stops. I will sip water maybe chips -
bigsexy920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:17 PM   #14
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy girl View Post
I was actually thinking afterwards that I should have made the thread for roadtrip & hotel snacks! LOL
Luckily, there already is a Hotel Room "Emergency Snacks" thread!
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:31 PM   #15
bigsexy920
Ok I'll be good.

bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Wait - to me roadtrip snacks are the things you take with you for the trip on the road while in the car.

Yes

No

Maybe

Circle one and pass it back to me . Dont let the teacher see, we will get in trouble.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:34 PM   #16
Carrie

Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I hope I won't lose my fat girl card for this, but I actually try to eat healthy snacks on the road. I love junk food, but really hate showing up at my destination or hotel at the end of the day feeling mildly queasy and greasy and icky from eating crap all day (especially because I will typically eat fast food for major meals while on the road), and being cooped up in the car. I eat fruit and unsalted nuts and drink water, and occasionally a little chocolate thing if I require perking up.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:00 PM   #17
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I love chili cheese fritos for my snack (they're like crack chips). We usually each buy a bag of chips of our choice and a big fountain drink. I like iced tea, hubby does chedewpi (cherry pepsi, mt dew and pepsi). Max usualy gets some sort of red drink. Road trips are usually the only time we get chips so it's a big treat.
Our biggest, most regular trip is 200 miles down to the San Francisco bay area. So we usually stop mid way through (at the same place every time) for refills
Old 04-20-2009, 01:29 PM   #18
Mathias
SAMCRO

Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Reses peanut butter cups and Fritos!

My wishlist
Mathias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:44 PM   #19
Cat
Gone baby gone

Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'm with you, Carrie. I try to keep it somewhat healthy. I tend to bloat up just sitting in a car all day, so I try to keep it low in salt and sugar which could exacerbate the problem. Apples, nuts or trail mix and bottled water, always options in the car.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:06 PM   #20
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsexy920 View Post
Wait - to me roadtrip snacks are the things you take with you for the trip on the road while in the car...
Yes, exactly. Goof was just saying maybe she should have expanded the thread to also include hotel snacks. So I linked to an existing hotel snack thread.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 04:18 PM   #21
bigsexy920
Ok I'll be good.

Yeah you can tell Im medicated. SOrry!!
Old 04-22-2009, 04:23 PM   #22
AshleyEileen
chunky

AshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Old 04-22-2009, 04:48 PM   #23
Tooz
sweet chocolate christ

Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyEileen View Post
Yes, I agree. No damned 7-11 here, though.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:29 PM   #24
jewels_mystery
Urban Hippie

jewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going on

Peanut M&M
Doritos
Pringles
Lots of water
Nacho combos
jewels_mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:05 PM   #25
AshleyEileen
chunky

AshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooz View Post
Yes, I agree. No damned 7-11 here, though.
Ugh. Life wouldn't be worth living.