Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 10-16-2010, 07:30 PM   #1
Amandy
Snarktacular

Amandy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesAmandy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default If you know Toronto...

If you were going to throw a party in Toronto for a couple hundred of your closest friends, except they weren't your friends; they were nerdy, middle aged people with deep pockets that you wanted purchase orders from, where would you throw it? (late summer/early autumn). Note: they like the classy hooch.

I realize this isn't fat related and for that, I'm very, very sorry, but this is a Canadian board, ri?
Old 10-16-2010, 07:58 PM   #2
DreamyInToronto
ME WANT COOKIES!!!!

DreamyInToronto has super-sized repDreamyInToronto has super-sized repDreamyInToronto has super-sized repDreamyInToronto has super-sized repDreamyInToronto has super-sized rep

Try this Amandy:

http://www.celebrate.ca/eventvenues/...ry/toronto.php

I have been to Rosehill (for a wedding) it was very nice.

There are also many hotels in downtown Toronto with party rooms. You could google Toronto Hotel + Party Rooms.

Last edited by DreamyInToronto; 10-16-2010 at 07:59 PM. Reason: forgot something
DreamyInToronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 08:56 AM   #3
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

This place has a beautiful interior, EXTENSIVE vodka menu, and everyone is snooty enough for your expensive guests (around Bay st, in the business district, you can find many similar locations):
http://www.pravdavodkabar.com/functions.php

Anything in Yorkville (around Bloor St.) is also highly snooty and impressive for rich people. Example: http://www.opusrestaurant.com/opus.taf?section=dining
Old 10-18-2010, 07:55 AM   #4
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandy View Post

I realize this isn't fat related and for that, I'm very, very sorry, but this is a Canadian board, ri?
Seems fine by meÖ.we are already using this board for restaurant reviews in the Ottawa area, and talking about long weekend plans, I donít see how those could be OK and this not :-)

Sadly I have no idea of venues in Toronto, but good luck, and I hope they crush you with POs! well, not literally crush, but you know what I mean.....
Old 10-18-2010, 07:21 PM   #5
Amandy
Snarktacular

Amandy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesAmandy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Very interesting suggestions (esp the vodka bar - now on the site visit list). I'm also looking at river cruise or museum kinds of venues, but there's always those cool places not always on the CVB websites that you have to ask a local to find out about. Thanks!

Back to the fatz!
Old 10-19-2010, 06:50 AM   #6
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandy View Post
Very interesting suggestions (esp the vodka bar - now on the site visit list). I'm also looking at river cruise or museum kinds of venues, but there's always those cool places not always on the CVB websites that you have to ask a local to find out about. Thanks!

Back to the fatz!
I know they used to be cruises of Toronto harbor/out into Lake Ontario. Not sure how the quality of hooch on those is, and limited space for any sort of presentation material, but at least once you have them on the boat they are a captive audience!