Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 07-09-2006, 04:40 PM   #1
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default What do you eat - even though you know better?

Inspired by my post to missaf regarding Kentucky Fried Chicken (I crave it, eat it, hate it, wait 6 months and then repeat), I am wondering if anyone else knows better but still eats certain foods.

Maybe you are allergic, but can't resist once in a while?

Maybe you think it will taste better this time?

Maybe you crave it even though you never end up liking it when you get it?(like me)

Maybe it gives you heartburn, indigestion, or some other unpleasantness but you do it anyway?

Do tell!

Oh, here's another one for me - onions. I love them, but they make me SO thirsty and I can't get rid of the onion taste in my mouth for at least a day. I've gotten better at avoiding them, but sometimes I just can't resist.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 04:55 PM   #2
FreeThinker

FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft
Maybe you are allergic, but can't resist once in a while?
Cashews.

FreeThinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 05:57 PM   #3
Michelle
Member Schmember

Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!

Edy's Chocolate/Chocolate Dibs
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 06:19 PM   #4
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeThinker
Cashews.

OMG..me too..any nuts in general actually..it's gotten so bad that I've HAD to give them up..but gosh I miss the buttery greatness of cashews..lol

Oh and carbs..lol..I'm supposed to be on a low carb diet and I can't do it..I CAN'T DO IT..lol
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 07:22 PM   #5
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

The combination of beer and bean burritos from Taco Bell- 'nuff said.
ScreamingChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 07:54 PM   #6
Shikamaru
Blurry

Shikamaru can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesShikamaru can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft
Maybe it gives you heartburn
Chocolate. Anything with chocolate. But I love chocolate... so I deal with it.

You would think that all the hot sauces I eat, all the pizza and stuff.. but only chocolate does it.
Old 07-09-2006, 08:51 PM   #7
sweetnnekked
Back From The Dead.

sweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going on

Ice Cream!

I'm lactose intolerant and use soy milk for everything but I can't stay away from real ice cream!!!

- J. Garcia
- R. Hunter
sweetnnekked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 09:30 PM   #8
HappyFatChick
On Timeout

HappyFatChick carries a lot of weight on this boardHappyFatChick carries a lot of weight on this boardHappyFatChick carries a lot of weight on this boardHappyFatChick carries a lot of weight on this boardHappyFatChick carries a lot of weight on this boardHappyFatChick carries a lot of weight on this board

Garlic and onions. I almost never eat them because I like to smell very fresh. But sometimes I'll have them and then stink for 24 hours.
HappyFatChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 11:36 PM   #9
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I have IBS, and I can't hack too much sugar.

Oh... but those BIG iced Lil'Debbie Honey Buns are so... good. Same goes for Krispy Kreme. I love 'em, but they don't love me.
Old 07-09-2006, 11:39 PM   #10
EbonySSBBW
California Dreams

EbonySSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EbonySSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EbonySSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EbonySSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EbonySSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EbonySSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EbonySSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EbonySSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EbonySSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EbonySSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EbonySSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

One of the things for me is McDonalds. I go through phases where I crave the french fries and then I always regret eating there. After I satisfy the craving then I'm good for a while. Also, fried chicken or any other fried foods and spicy foods as well. They taste so good but as I get older, my body just can't handle them. I suppose that's a good thing though because it forces me to make healthier choices....oh well.

"The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts" Marcus A. Antoninus

"If I were asked to give what I consider the single most useful bit of advice for all humanity, it would be this: Expect trouble as an inevitable part of life, and when it comes, hold your head high. Look it squarely in the eye, and say, I will be bigger than you. You cannot defeat me" Ann Landers
EbonySSBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 10:42 AM   #11
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

ooey gooey cheesy pizza almost always gives me heartburn. i eat it anyways. Its really only the super greasy pizza (you know the cheap stuff that is like $5 a pizza less)
Old 07-10-2006, 01:04 PM   #12
Sandie_Zitkus
Entrepreneur

Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!

OH man - Wheat makes we wheeze and dairy gives me terrible gas. But I have such a hard time staying away from both. Especially good bread and bagels.

*sigh*
Sandie_Zitkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 01:21 PM   #13
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!

Fried foods.

Sugar.

Honey.

Greasy foods.

All of the above affect my IBS. Fortunately for the food industry, I'll endure quite a bit of suffering.
Old 07-10-2006, 01:55 PM   #14
moonvine
Queen of Contempt

moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Not really. I am allergic to pistachios and I would never knowingly eat them. The ....symptoms are much too unpleasant, and could even require a trip to the ER.
Old 07-10-2006, 02:15 PM   #15
snuggletiger
Clowns Fear Me

snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Italian Sausage. and if its italian sausage and peppers then its worse.
Old 07-10-2006, 02:23 PM   #16
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Kentucky Fried Chicken. It always makes me nauseous and feel like crap for hours afterward. But those damn special recipe spices are irresistible to me. And the gravy? ::whimper::
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 03:27 PM   #17
Carol W.

Carol W. can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesCarol W. can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesCarol W. can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Chocolate, tea, nuts, berries and spinach, all of which are REALLY bad for those of us whose bodies love to form kidney stones!!
Old 07-10-2006, 05:39 PM   #18
MLadyJ

MLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot pics

I have a iron constitution and can eat anything...sometimes that is both a blessing AND a curse(of course there are somethings I just don't like) but I think my only vice is real butter...I just LOVE the taste I would eat nothing but..except I have this guilt thing about it not being good/healthy for me.
MLadyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 06:14 PM   #19
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Anything that makes my heart say..."hey..Monique..give me a break here"....which is soooo many things...*sigh*
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 07:16 PM   #20
IdahoCynth
Cockchafer

IdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I am almost ashamed to admit this, but once every 7 or 8 months I have to have a big mac with no lettuce. It makes me feel like total crap within hours and I am all puffy and stiff the next day. I guess its the amount of salt and other crap they put in them. Its like a food hangover.
IdahoCynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 08:04 PM   #21
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

That's what it is. Food Hangover. 1 trip to Cold Stone Creamery does that to me too.
Old 07-10-2006, 08:14 PM   #22
sweetnnekked
Back From The Dead.

sweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSadeianLinguist
Fried foods.

Sugar.

Honey.

Greasy foods.

All of the above affect my IBS. Fortunately for the food industry, I'll endure quite a bit of suffering.
I was gonna' say...
Everytime I read your entries in the "What's for Dinner" thread most of it is from any or all of those categories!!

- J. Garcia
- R. Hunter
sweetnnekked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 12:07 AM   #23
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!

Yes, I'm a fool. Unfortunately, I'm a lover of spring rolls (Thai, to hell with Chinese).
Old 07-11-2006, 07:09 AM   #24
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Long John Silvers... I have to take a shower after eating it because the smell and the grease absolutely ick me out, but it is soooooooo good.

The other obvious one is anything with sugar. I am diabetic, and my numbers are awful, but I cannot resist sweets. I do have a minute amount of moderation now (make smaller versions or have fewer carbs the rest of the day), plus when possible I buy the sugar free version and use Splenda a lot. I can tell you right now though, if a bulletin went out that the world was ending tomorrow or I was given the news that I had some horrible disease, I would sit down with a yellow cake, a can of sweetened condensed milk, some caramel bourbon sauce and a gallon of milk and never look back .
jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 02:44 PM   #25
Indy

Indy can now change their title

Reese's minatures, it's the one thing I can't just eat a few of so mayby once a year I buy a bag...
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote