Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 10-07-2013, 02:27 AM   #351
Ample Pie
Fattitude Problem

Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!

I've always said that the focus on feedees as victims is more of a problem with non-feedists than feedists. If you believe that I am the victim of my own sexuality and you don't even know me, well that's your problem.
Old 10-07-2013, 04:52 AM   #352
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My mother is a big believer that feeders are something disgusting and slimy that exist to abuse and deceive their poor little victim of a partner. Understandably as somebody who enjoys both the feedee and feeder aspect of things this annoys me quite a lot, though she is too much of a bigoted old woman for it to be worth me bothering to explain things properly to. She once called me a feeder as a insult and I guess she thought it worked because I went all shocked and red and flushed... actually my immediate thought was 'How does she know? How does she know? Is she reading my messages or something?!'!

Both me and my partner are neutral about gaining weight, though I will admit that I am loving the idea of him getting bigger! But we enjoy the feeding aspect itself, which I guess is a bit different from most feeder/feedee type people. Then again, I never do anything 'normally'!
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 05:24 AM   #353
TwoSwords

TwoSwords has super-sized repTwoSwords has super-sized repTwoSwords has super-sized repTwoSwords has super-sized repTwoSwords has super-sized rep

I've always thought that there was a significant difference between feederism and gainerism, that not all people who enjoy eating/feeding others do so from a desire for them to gain weight (indeed, most of the people in the world who enjoy feeding others don't have this as their motive at all.) There's nothing wrong with handing someone a sandwich if they're hungry, and the nothing wrong with being happy that they then enjoy the sandwich, and benefit from it. In reality, I think very few feeders or feedees actively pursue immobility. There's other, safer, more-temporary ways to experience the kinds of feelings often associated with that.

I've been reading through the first page, though, and I do have to every time someone brings up "mental issues" as an explanation for aberrant behavior or unusual desires; especially being a researcher as both a hobby and a job. This isn't the 1500s anymore, and we have names and thorough descriptions of just about every type of actual, mental illness there is. Each one has distinct symptoms and can be diagnosed by recognizing those symptoms. It's how psychologists are able to recognize a real case of Stockholm Syndrome, as opposed to someone who learned to like a formerly-abusive person when they changed their ways. What kind of mental illness do we think a specific person has, and what symptoms do they show, which would indicate that?

I just think a lot of people use words synonymous with "crazy" to avoid studying the issues more closely.
TwoSwords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 07:59 AM   #354
Fat Molly
hufflepuff hobbit

Fat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoSwords View Post
I've always thought that there was a significant difference between feederism and gainerism, that not all people who enjoy eating/feeding others do so from a desire for them to gain weight (indeed, most of the people in the world who enjoy feeding others don't have this as their motive at all.)

In reality, I think very few feeders or feedees actively pursue immobility. There's other, safer, more-temporary ways to experience the kinds of feelings often associated with that.

I've been reading through the first page, though, and I do have to every time someone brings up "mental issues" as an explanation for aberrant behavior or unusual desires. <snip> I just think a lot of people use words synonymous with "crazy" to avoid studying the issues more closely.

good points here. a lot of this stuff is the stuff ive been thinking about intently with regards to my partner in the 'worry as an FA' thread.

most ppl on tumblr who claim to be pursuing immobility are either thin or average or just barely chubby. and i look at them and think, lol, do you have any idea? bc i feel like many of them are underinformed or overoptimistic about what it would mean to be immobile.

i think there *can* be elements of feedism that are intentionally self-destructive but it should never be thought of as a necessary component of feedist tendencies - even among depressed people. my feedee and feeder and gainer kink exists even when my depression/borderline symptoms aren't too significant - in fact, they're more active when my depression/borderline is alleviated.

I like what alienlanes said about the collection of planets surrounding the central kink of erotic wg.