Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Events & Community > East

Old 07-24-2012, 02:22 PM   #1
Franklyn

Franklyn is a member of the 500 clubFranklyn is a member of the 500 clubFranklyn is a member of the 500 clubFranklyn is a member of the 500 clubFranklyn is a member of the 500 clubFranklyn is a member of the 500 club
Default Upstate NY: Rochester, Buffalo, Syracuse, Finger Lakes Region...

I'm just back in Rochacha after 10 years in Japan... Those people that know me on this board (or moreso, those that know me OFF this board - lol) know that I'm the original Mr. drink, drink, party, party... annnnnd drink some more

Sooooooo... I searched for events in Rochacha, and I couldn't find much (Found a post for events in Schenectady - relatively close - but that seems to be it...)

Most of the other threads I found haven't been updated in 2 years... I find myself wondering (i) who (if anyone) is still up this way and (ii) do you people get together at all?

So I guess there are two parts to this thread...

Part 1: A shoutout to everyone in what I'm going to call the 'upstate area' - this means anyone that, if there were a casual event somewhere between Niagra Falls/Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, and say Ithaca or somewhere down south, MIGHT be in range... I'd even include people in some parts of Ontario, CA or Northern PA (please don't take offense at being lumped in with Upstate NY - lol)

Part 2: A suggestion... Why don't we get together and drink? I am NOT one for renting a location and having a formal event... However, I AM pretty good at gathering 5 or 10 of the 'willing and able' and doing a dinner party / drink / bar-hop kind of thing

Can't wait to see who's around!

F
Franklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:08 PM   #2
MadLordOfMilk

MadLordOfMilk can now change their title

I'm from Buffalo and go to school in Rochester, but I'm actually in Germany until December. D'oh!

If something's going on after I'm back I'd be more than interested, though obviously I'm a bit far at the moment
MadLordOfMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:54 PM   #3
Franklyn

Franklyn is a member of the 500 clubFranklyn is a member of the 500 clubFranklyn is a member of the 500 clubFranklyn is a member of the 500 clubFranklyn is a member of the 500 clubFranklyn is a member of the 500 club
Default Very good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadLordOfMilk View Post
I'm from Buffalo and go to school in Rochester, but I'm actually in Germany until December. D'oh!

If something's going on after I'm back I'd be more than interested, though obviously I'm a bit far at the moment
Thanks for the response! Right now I'm looking more for the immediate this week? This month? (minimum planning - very casual) kind of event, but I'll be here until next summer at least - Drop me a line when you're back from Germany!

BTW - Nice sword
Old 08-01-2012, 05:46 PM   #4
MadLordOfMilk

MadLordOfMilk can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklyn View Post
Thanks for the response! Right now I'm looking more for the immediate this week? This month? (minimum planning - very casual) kind of event, but I'll be here until next summer at least - Drop me a line when you're back from Germany!

BTW - Nice sword
I figured as much. Will do on keeping in contact though!

Regarding the sword: thanks! Sadly, the sword isn't mine; I borrowed it from a friend for that particular picture. Still, it's pretty badass =]
MadLordOfMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:42 PM   #5
Marie5656

Marie5656 can now change their title

Just wanted to say hello...from Penfield. I am not at your end of the age spectrum..I graduated high school before you were born. But good to know someone else who understands "Rahchacha-speak" I moved here "temporarily" almost 30 years ago.
I am well past my party days, but hope you still find folks to party with...I can just say been there, done that..and had a great time doing it.
Marie5656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:41 PM   #6
Franklyn

Default Penfield?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie5656 View Post
Just wanted to say hello...from Penfield. I am not at your end of the age spectrum..I graduated high school before you were born. But good to know someone else who understands "Rahchacha-speak" I moved here "temporarily" almost 30 years ago.
I am well past my party days, but hope you still find folks to party with...I can just say been there, done that..and had a great time doing it.
Now we're talking local! lol (I'm in Fairport right now)

Sooooo... What brought you here 'temporarily' and what made you stay in good old Rochacha?
Old 08-08-2012, 10:50 PM   #7
Still a Skye fan
Normalcy is overrated

Still a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging in

Syracuse is about 45 minutes or so west of me. Buffalo, Rochester and Niagara Falls are further away. I have a brother who lives near Buffalo so gathering for an event is doable as I can just hop on the NYS Thruway but I have to get motivated to trek a couple hours or so for drinks and then head home.

Dennis

Michelle (Read or Dream)
Still a Skye fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:48 AM   #8
Franklyn

Default Very cool :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still a Skye fan View Post
Syracuse is about 45 minutes or so west of me. Buffalo, Rochester and Niagara Falls are further away. I have a brother who lives near Buffalo so gathering for an event is doable as I can just hop on the NYS Thruway but I have to get motivated to trek a couple hours or so for drinks and then head home.

Dennis
Dennis - Thanks for the response!

Like I said, we could get together whereever... I have no problems with Syracuse (aside from not knowing any good bars / restaurants)
Old 08-22-2012, 11:00 PM   #9
AnotherJessica

AnotherJessica can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesAnotherJessica can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I'm all for this!
AnotherJessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:12 AM   #10
Franklyn

Default o(^^)o

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherJessica View Post
I'm all for this!
And he said, "Let there be beer!!!"
Old 08-24-2012, 06:54 PM   #11
AnotherJessica

AnotherJessica can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesAnotherJessica can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Hmmm, or "let there be mixed drinks!"
AnotherJessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:25 AM   #12
Anom

Anom has said some nice things
Default Moving to Ithaca

Just figured I'd throw my two cents in and say I'm moving to Ithaca in a few months and would be open to any future events.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:44 AM   #13
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'm from Rochester.......... but I think everyone in this thread already knows that :P I'm down for a get together.

Also, anyone heading to the Buffalo bash in December? I'll be there!
thatgirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:53 PM   #14
Amaranthine
Adamant Anti-Nihilist

Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatgirl08 View Post
I'm from Rochester.......... but I think everyone in this thread already knows that :P I'm down for a get together.

Also, anyone heading to the Buffalo bash in December? I'll be there!
There's actually an event in Buffalo? I never would have guessed.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:23 PM   #15
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthine View Post
There's actually an event in Buffalo? I never would have guessed.
Yeah, there was a bash a few months ago.. having another one in December. I think they hope to make it a regular thing.
thatgirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:25 PM   #16
sarahreign
Queen of Fat Rolls

sarahreign has super-sized repsarahreign has super-sized repsarahreign has super-sized repsarahreign has super-sized rep

Yo! Yo! Buffalo! <~~~ I'm pretty sure the bash should be fun in Dec! I'll most likely be there cuz I finally don't have to travel! But looking to meet up anyways, outside of bashes!
sarahreign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:14 PM   #17
Jaybear420
High Hirsuite Hunk

Jaybear420 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesJaybear420 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Heya!

I'm in Penfield too! ^_^

I'm always down to chill with locals!
Jaybear420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 04:32 PM   #18
deliciousk

deliciousk has said some nice things
Default If you have female

If you have female company, think of something sentimental to discuss before you start slicing.
deliciousk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 09:37 AM   #19
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Anyone from the area still active on the boards?

**Coughs from accumulated dust**