Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board > Weight Gain

Old 04-10-2015, 03:34 PM   #1
Matt L.

Matt L. can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMatt L. can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default Chubby female comic book character

Now that Captain America and the film version of the Human Torch are African American, and the golden age Green Lantern is gay wouldn't this be an appropriate time to have an already established female comic book character a BBW?

I don't know who I would choose, they're are numerous choices but it would be a positive message whether it's Lois Lane or Mary Jane Watson that beauty and brains shouldn't be defined by a dress size.
Matt L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 05:22 PM   #2
happily_married
Happy to be part of Dims!

happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'm not a big comic book guy, but I see what you're saying. I think we're more likely to see a Disney movie go that route first, though I won't hold my breath for it. This lovely young lady has started a petition for a plus-size princess:

http://www.people.com/people/article...782724,00.html
happily_married is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 01:42 AM   #3
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L. View Post
Now that Captain America and the film version of the Human Torch are African American, and the golden age Green Lantern is gay wouldn't this be an appropriate time to have an already established female comic book character a BBW?

I don't know who I would choose, they're are numerous choices but it would be a positive message whether it's Lois Lane or Mary Jane Watson that beauty and brains shouldn't be defined by a dress size.
For a long time, the DC character Amanda Waller was almost SSBBW in size. A big badass woman who led the Suicide Squad by sheer force of personality. Now, since the latest DC universe reboot, she's yet another generic comic book woman in shape. Big disappointment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg amanda-waller-batman.jpg (144.9 KB, 1019 views)
File Type: jpg Amanda-Waller-310x505.jpg (30.6 KB, 1014 views)
Dromond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 01:43 AM   #4
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Damn, I really should check posting dates!
Dromond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 11:27 PM   #5
Paul Delacroix

Paul Delacroix knows EXACTLY what's going onPaul Delacroix knows EXACTLY what's going onPaul Delacroix knows EXACTLY what's going onPaul Delacroix knows EXACTLY what's going onPaul Delacroix knows EXACTLY what's going onPaul Delacroix knows EXACTLY what's going onPaul Delacroix knows EXACTLY what's going on

Valiant Comics currently publishes "Faith," featuring a flying character code-named Zephyr, from the super-team 'Harbinger.' She is around (I am guessing, based on her appearance) 250 pounds or so.

My friend Drew Edwards is also publishing 'Lucy Chaplin, Science Starlet' soon from Halloween Man comics, and I will also be self-publishing comics and coloring books featuring plus-sized characters in the near future.
Paul Delacroix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 06:12 PM   #6
Jerry Thomas

Jerry Thomas can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesJerry Thomas can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
I would like to see Wonder Woman as a BBW or SSBBW.
Jerry Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 09:00 PM   #7
RVGleason

RVGleason carries a lot of weight on this boardRVGleason carries a lot of weight on this boardRVGleason carries a lot of weight on this boardRVGleason carries a lot of weight on this boardRVGleason carries a lot of weight on this boardRVGleason carries a lot of weight on this board

Here you go!

RV
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (147.1 KB, 485 views)
RVGleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 09:01 PM   #8
RVGleason

RVGleason carries a lot of weight on this boardRVGleason carries a lot of weight on this boardRVGleason carries a lot of weight on this boardRVGleason carries a lot of weight on this boardRVGleason carries a lot of weight on this boardRVGleason carries a lot of weight on this board

And here's Faith.

RV
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (162.4 KB, 487 views)
RVGleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 07:10 PM   #9
Jerry Thomas

Jerry Thomas can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesJerry Thomas can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Oh, so cool! Thank you very much!
Jerry Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 02:26 AM   #10
fatgirl33
Just doodlin'

fatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 club

Can't wait to see a trade paperback for this comic! Looks great!
fatgirl33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 08:42 PM   #11
slurpeekell12

slurpeekell12 has said some nice things

Great art!