Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 04-26-2008, 11:24 AM   #51
D_A_Bunny
www.peaceoneday.org

D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by largenlovely View Post
you are getting repped for the best post EVER lol...that was fabulous and you brought up a number of things that are issues for me as well that i just forget about until the need arises. I also keep a folding chair in the trunk of my car and it has come in very handy on occasions

fabulous ..just fabulous
Thank you! I guess we all need to be good at something and the two things I am best at, are being fat and analyzing (Virgo).

And as far as any man preplanning, it is always appreciated. Even to this day, my husband will do something, even if it is small, like putting something more within my reach, and I greatly appreciate it.

PS, there are some things I won't leave home without and one of them, is the chair in the trunk. Who knew?, great minds think alike!
Old 04-26-2008, 11:28 AM   #52
BeautifulPoeticDisaster

BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumbAssBunny View Post
Thank you! I guess we all need to be good at something and the two things I am best at, are being fat and analyzing (Virgo).

And as far as any man preplanning, it is always appreciated. Even to this day, my husband will do something, even if it is small, like putting something more within my reach, and I greatly appreciate it.

PS, there are some things I won't leave home without and one of them, is the chair in the trunk. Who knew?, great minds think alike!

I need to get a chair! Is it a folding camping chair? I know living XL has one....and I think I'm going to get it this summer when I am out there.
BeautifulPoeticDisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:28 AM   #53
largenlovely
Still a Fat Girl lol

largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBellySSBBW View Post
Yay for super FAs
Quote:

lol i'm with y'all...thank God for super fa's lol

virgo here too ....i actually put the chair in the trunk to take on a trip and was too lazy to take it out hahaha, but then i thought about it and was like, hey...i might need that so i just left it in. Best lazy thought i ever had lol
Old 04-26-2008, 11:29 AM   #54
largenlovely
Still a Fat Girl lol

largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!

i probably need to upgrade my chair ...i'd just been using a regular fold out chair and would sit on it very carefully, but i've gained quite a bit of weight since i last used it and probably need to retire that one and find a new one. I think there was a post on the main dims board about this chair you're talking about and some of the girls didn't really like that one

Quote:
I need to get a chair! Is it a folding camping chair? I know living XL has one....and I think I'm going to get it this summer when I am out there.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:35 AM   #55
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Fantastic thread, Melissa... very good! And there's no doubt, you have an FA who's acutely aware and helpful when it comes to fat girl needs - Bruce is a pro.

All the points made are totally on target and valuable for any FA who's interested in the SS girls to know.

Great thread, I hope most of the guys here stay tuned.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:39 AM   #56
largenlovely
Still a Fat Girl lol

my bad..i don't think they sell car seatbelt extenders on this website, although this website is an EXTREMELY useful ssbbw site www.amplestuff.com

I have a GM and was able to go to the lot and request one and they ordered it for me free. I believe i would be able to use that extender in any vehicle..not sure exactly. I wish i were more knowledgeable on this......

Quote:
oh i totally feel ya on this one...you might just have to take it upon yourself to go ahead and get your own seatbelt extender that you can keep in your purse or something. I think they sell them on www.amplestuff.com They definitely come in handy even if you're just going off with friends or whatever.

Last edited by largenlovely; 04-26-2008 at 11:41 AM.
largenlovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:40 AM   #57
largenlovely
Still a Fat Girl lol

Thanks AnnMarie..i'm actually surprised that there hasn't been a previous thread on this topic...i figured i was a repeat lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie View Post
Fantastic thread, Melissa... very good! And there's no doubt, you have an FA who's acutely aware and helpful when it comes to fat girl needs - Bruce is a pro.

All the points made are totally on target and valuable for any FA who's interested in the SS girls to know.

Great thread, I hope most of the guys here stay tuned.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:42 AM   #58
activistfatgirl
donuts at the finish line

activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
IMHO this has nothing to do with anyone's size, but is his complete lack of consideration for the human being whose life he was holding in his hands when he made the decision to drive badly.
I am sorry if this wording seems harsh, but this is a complete bone of contention with me. And let me tell you, I was with my husband when he would do this in the beginning. We had made a commitment to each other. I don't think it has anything to do with commitment or size as much as the need for speed that some people have while driving. Trust me, this is the ONE thing that almost broke us up. It took alot of talking, crying, screaming and threatening to make him realize that it was funny and exciting to him and absolutely terrifying to me. I told him repeatedly, I WILL NOT die in an auto accident and that if I did and he was the cause, he better hope he dies with me cause I will haunt him the rest of his days.
Thankfully this changed soon enough and is no longer a desire for him.
If this guy likes you and repects you, he will slow down whether you are wearing a seatbelt or not. It is up to you how many chances you give him and how you approach it with him. I would definitely tell him that you do not want it to happen again and if he wants to drive that way he should do it when you are not in the car.
Most times, the little speed monsters realize it is much more fun to go a little slower and catch the sight of their beautiful companion bouncing along next to them, then the itty bitty rush from their risky driving.

Who knows, maybe he will buy you flowers or something as an apology. (just saying in case, he is a member, and needs a hint) hint hint
HA! I appreciate this post cause I often back down on things like this even though I was obviously pissed. He wasn't driving over the speed limit, by the way, which was the first gd thing he said. GRRRRRRR!

This is why I drive everywhere whenever I can. I can NOT handle this either, glad you worked it out with the hubby.

Though, can I say, that I'm disappointed in my choice of a car. I have a early 2000s chevy cavalier that fits me just barely. I can buckle my own seat belt (but it's tight - you know one of those fits where you have to take off your winter coat?). I thought far enough to accomodate myself, but I didn't think about other SS folks who I'd love to share rides with.

I've dated on SSBHM and he awkwardly gets in and I don't know that I've ever seen him put on a seatbelt. I JUST realized this. I do this to OTHER people in MY car. Damn.

As L&L said, I think its time to think about purchasing a seat belt extender. I don't want to pay it forward to other fatties I'd like to drive around. And I do love to drive me some fatties!
activistfatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:42 AM   #59
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Thanks AnnMarie..i'm actually surprised that there hasn't been a previous thread on this topic...i figured i was a repeat lol

I think it's been touched on as tangents in other threads, but nothing as direct as this... so it's a great resource... and I think I'm going to stick it. It's going to be a wealth of information, would be a great place for guys to drop questions and get helpful/informative answers - maybe without the dose of snark that often welcomes them.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:44 AM   #60
D_A_Bunny
www.peaceoneday.org

D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!

My chair is a metal folding chair that is made to be stronger to hold more weight. I bought the set of four a few years ago to go to a wedding and now I don't know what I would do without them.
I will try to find them again online and post a link. They have a cross bar on each set of legs and the little thing on the side that keeps them from bending from too much weight is double reinforced.
As far as the outside chair, I had one and the tops of the legs dug into my thighs and that was uncomfortable. Plus, they need to be on a NON smooth surface. The little feet need something to hold onto for traction or they will slip and you can go kaplut on the floor (I know, I have)

And I would have to say that as an SSBBW, seating, or lack thereof, is my BIGGEST concern in my "fat" life. I think about the seating in every situation I may or may not have.

I have spent many nights trying to design the PERFECT chair for a big person. That would be strong, comfortable and portable. When I do, you will all be the first to know. Maybe that will be my million dollars, huh?
Old 04-26-2008, 11:49 AM   #61
activistfatgirl

activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

One more thing I'd add:

Be careful about assuming mobility for different fat and SS folks. There's such a wide variety of mobility issues, even for folks at the same weight and height. There's a lot of things that factor in, and some SS folks could be upset if it IS assumed that they'd need a drop off, or constantly asked if need a rest when they don't. At least for me, I want to do the most possible in all situations, and that could vary from day to day even!

Good communication is key in striking that balance.

and one more: If you're over 300 lbs with a blister and anywhere on the island of Manhattan, it's going to be a stressful situation. I'm convinced there ARE NO CHAIRS anywhere on the island. Heh!
Old 04-26-2008, 11:50 AM   #62
Blackjack
Fupa Troopa

Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Oddly enough, this was one of the things that I took into consideration when I got a new car last year- that is, fat girl fittability.

i iz lerning!

Really, some of it is learned through experience, or hearing about it... but it didn't really take long, for me at least, until it became unconscious that I noticed where the chairs were wider, or armless, all this stuff that I never really took note of before.

But there's still a lot that's there to be learned, and some of that was just brought up here.

EDIT: Glad this got stickied, it happened before I finished writing it

Last edited by Blackjack; 04-26-2008 at 11:52 AM.
Blackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:51 AM   #63
BeautifulPoeticDisaster

BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by activistfatgirl View Post
HA! I appreciate this post cause I often back down on things like this even though I was obviously pissed. He wasn't driving over the speed limit, by the way, which was the first gd thing he said. GRRRRRRR!

This is why I drive everywhere whenever I can. I can NOT handle this either, glad you worked it out with the hubby.

Though, can I say, that I'm disappointed in my choice of a car. I have a early 2000s chevy cavalier that fits me just barely. I can buckle my own seat belt (but it's tight - you know one of those fits where you have to take off your winter coat?). I thought far enough to accomodate myself, but I didn't think about other SS folks who I'd love to share rides with.

I've dated on SSBHM and he awkwardly gets in and I don't know that I've ever seen him put on a seatbelt. I JUST realized this. I do this to OTHER people in MY car. Damn.

As L&L said, I think its time to think about purchasing a seat belt extender. I don't want to pay it forward to other fatties I'd like to drive around. And I do love to drive me some fatties!
I had a 97 chevy cavalier and the dealership gave me 2 extenders free..you shouldnt have to purchase anything!
Old 04-26-2008, 11:53 AM   #64
activistfatgirl

Quote:
I had a 97 chevy cavalier and the dealership gave me 2 extenders free..you shouldnt have to purchase anything!
Well, I sorta got my car at a not-quite-so-savory place, not a dealership, so maybe that's one for the record books. I would have never have thought to ask for that even if I bought direct from a big-name dealership.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:53 AM   #65
D_A_Bunny
www.peaceoneday.org

Quote:
One more thing I'd add:

Be careful about assuming mobility for different fat and SS folks. There's such a wide variety of mobility issues, even for folks at the same weight and height. There's a lot of things that factor in, and some SS folks could be upset if it IS assumed that they'd need a drop off, or constantly asked if need a rest when they don't. At least for me, I want to do the most possible in all situations, and that could vary from day to day even!

Good communication is key in striking that balance.

I completely agree. I read posts and look at pictures and am amazed at how many things the big people here DO. I am less mobile and by nature am lazy and spoiled, so I tend to take advantage of any opportunity to rest or walk less.

And I think that it is worth saying again -

COMMUNICATION AND CONSIDERATION matter the most in ALL relationships.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:54 AM   #66
BeautifulPoeticDisaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack View Post
Oddly enough, this was one of the things that I took into consideration when I got a new car last year- that is, fat girl fittability.

i iz lerning!

Really, some of it is learned through experience, or hearing about it... but it didn't really take long, for me at least, until it became unconscious that I noticed where the chairs were wider, or armless, all this stuff that I never really took note of before.

But there's still a lot that's there to be learned, and some of that was just brought up here.

I just had a great business idea! I could rent myself out as a trial SSBBW girlfriend and I could tell you all the things wrong with the situations you present, lol. That would be an awesome job
Old 04-26-2008, 11:54 AM   #67
largenlovely
Still a Fat Girl lol

yes definitely interested in that link!!! and i'll be your biggest customer if ya come up with the perfect chair..well..maybe not the biggest, but you'll get my money lol

Quote:
I will try to find them again online and post a link.
And I would have to say that as an SSBBW, seating, or lack thereof, is my BIGGEST concern in my "fat" life. I think about the seating in every situation I may or may not have.
I have spent many nights trying to design the PERFECT chair for a big person. That would be strong, comfortable and portable. When I do, you will all be the first to know. Maybe that will be my million dollars, huh?
Old 04-26-2008, 11:56 AM   #68
largenlovely
Still a Fat Girl lol

oh no i didn't buy mine from a dealership either, i got it from some ratty old car place here lol, but if you own a GM car and go to the dealership they will totally order you a seatbelt extender for free.

Quote:
Well, I sorta got my car at a not-quite-so-savory place, not a dealership, so maybe that's one for the record books. I would have never have thought to ask for that even if I bought direct from a big-name dealership.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:57 AM   #69
largenlovely
Still a Fat Girl lol

roflmao!! too funny

Quote:
I just had a great business idea! I could rent myself out as a trial SSBBW girlfriend and I could tell you all the things wrong with the situations you present, lol. That would be an awesome job
Old 04-26-2008, 11:59 AM   #70
Blackjack
Fupa Troopa

Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
We could totally do like a Good Idea/Bad Idea thing with it, like they had on Animaniacs.
Old 04-26-2008, 12:01 PM   #71
D_A_Bunny
www.peaceoneday.org

If I may tell a personal story that meant alot to me.

Many years ago, my sister in law was graduating with her Masters. The actual graduation was on a weekday and only my inlaws went, but we were all going out to a restaurant after dinner to celebrate. It was one that noone had been to yet.
Although my inlaws obviously knew I was fat, we had only begun using the term "fat friendly" in front of them awhile before that, to make them aware of certain things that affected me specifically.
Well, to my great surprise, they were "aware" enough to go to the restaurant a week ahead and scout it out. When they called to invite us, they also stated, "and we went there in person to make the reservations. The table we are getting is very roomy and accessable and the chairs are armless, wood chairs."
I was jumping up and down with joy. They actually went out of their way to do this and it proved that they "got it".
That was one of the best dinners I ever had.

Last edited by D_A_Bunny; 04-26-2008 at 12:12 PM.
D_A_Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 12:04 PM   #72
largenlovely
Still a Fat Girl lol

aawwwwww!!!! that is so nice

it was a huge relief to me when Bruce's mom laughed off me breaking the bed. She was very nice about it and it was a huge relief to me. It's so nice when they are also making an effort

Quote:
If I may tell a personal story that meant alot to me.

Many years ago, my sister in law was graduating with her Masters. The actual graduation was on a weekday and only my inlaws went, but we were all going out to a restaurant after dinner to celebrate. It was one that noone had been to yet.
Although my inlaws obviously knew I was fat, we had only begun using the term "fat friendly" in front of them awhile before that, to make them aware of certain things that affected me specificly.
Well, to my great surprise, they were "aware" enough to go to the restaurant a week ahead and scout it out. When they called to invite us, they also stated, "and we went there in person to make the reservations. The table we are getting is very roomy and accessable and the chairs are armless, wood chairs."
I was jumping up and down with joy. They actually went out of their way to do this and it proved that they "got it".
That was one of the best dinners I ever had.
Old 04-26-2008, 12:06 PM   #73
largenlovely
Still a Fat Girl lol

it's fabulous to see you fellas pay attention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack View Post
Oddly enough, this was one of the things that I took into consideration when I got a new car last year- that is, fat girl fittability.i iz lerning! Really, some of it is learned through experience, or hearing about it... but it didn't really take long, for me at least, until it became unconscious that I noticed where the chairs were wider, or armless, all this stuff that I never really took note of before.

Old 04-26-2008, 12:13 PM   #74
BothGunsBlazing
Back...ish

BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!

Good thread idea.
BothGunsBlazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 12:18 PM   #75
largenlovely
Still a Fat Girl lol

hahaha i've been waiting for you to post a pic of your car in this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BothGunsBlazing View Post
Good thread idea.