Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Archives > Event Discussion (Archive Only)

Old 11-26-2008, 03:50 PM   #1
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default While the Americans are in a turkey coma...

....its our chance to run amok on the boards for a couple of days (well, along with the brits, aussies, and the rest of the world). So I'm throwing out this challenge to my fellow canucks: on Thur Nov 27 or Fri Nov 28, while our southern neighbours are busy digesting and shopping, contribute to a thread that normally you wouldn't. Let's try to spread a touch more Canadiana for a couple of days
Old 11-26-2008, 04:06 PM   #2
GTAFA

GTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticed

I got the funniest visuals, reading this. I was reminded of when the parents are away and the kids get to take over the house.

And I thought of Bob Rae when he became Premier of Ontario (just like the kid whose parents are away...."here Bob, I've left you $100 for groceries, that should be enough"...and they come back to see a hole in the ground where the house used to be).
Old 11-27-2008, 11:46 AM   #3
Esther
Queen Black Acid

Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

A touch of Canadiana, you say? Let's run around posting images of moose, igloos, lumberjacks, Canada geese, maple syrup and beavers then, haha.

Old 11-27-2008, 03:07 PM   #4
MattB

MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!

Good idea, let's see who's not turkeyed-out...

"Beaver Shot" coming up...I'll find some random thread in The Lounge and post it...

Update:
http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/fo...34989&page=182

Done...

Last edited by MattB; 07-22-2010 at 10:09 AM.
Old 11-27-2008, 09:59 PM   #5
FreeThinker

FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edx View Post
....its our chance to run amok on the boards for a couple of days (well, along with the brits, aussies, and the rest of the world). So I'm throwing out this challenge to my fellow canucks: on Thur Nov 27 or Fri Nov 28, while our southern neighbours are busy digesting and shopping, contribute to a thread that normally you wouldn't. Let's try to spread a touch more Canadiana for a couple of days

Operation Canuck Amok!

I like it...Here's my contribution.
Old 11-27-2008, 10:48 PM   #6
Esther
Queen Black Acid

Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Haha!! I LOVE it!!
Old 11-28-2008, 04:00 AM   #7
SpecialK

SpecialK can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSpecialK can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSpecialK can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

roflmao! I'm in!
Old 11-28-2008, 08:39 AM   #8
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I forgot to do something yesterday

But I figured that while they are all shopping today it is still fair game. I'm not so good on most humour, so the only humour in my post was how little most people on Hyde Park will care:

http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/fo...46#post1006146

ETA: and another, reviewing the President's Choice Cream Fudge
http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/fo...52#post1006152

Last edited by Tad; 11-28-2008 at 08:46 AM.
Old 11-28-2008, 10:23 AM   #9
Esther
Queen Black Acid

HAHAHA.
I find the President's Choice post hysterical. It's such a staple brand in so many Canadian homes! (By the way, I do agree with you... the President's Choice cookies are indeed the greatest storebought brand around!)

One thing I love so much about Canadian humour is that we can be amused by the fact that we're the butt of jokes. Often Canadian humour entails exposing how little other countries know about ours, and laughing about it... but in reality that still renders us the butt, doesn't it?
Haha
I love this country.
Old 11-28-2008, 02:41 PM   #10
SpecialK

SpecialK can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSpecialK can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSpecialK can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Here is mine (assuming I got the link right.)

http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/fo...57#post1006057

(Well, it's the post above that one, but the answer is in that link.)
Old 12-02-2008, 07:16 PM   #11
MattB

MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!

Excellent work everyone! Let's regroup and get ready...Washington's Birthday will be here before you know it. We will strike again then! Unless of course you all want to save it up for a major Arbor Day offensive. I'm available on both of those days myself...
Old 12-10-2008, 08:33 PM   #12
FreeThinker

FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Help out Operation Canuck Amok!

The Canadian Trivia Game in the Lounge is all out of questions!

Think up something relating to Canada, and put it into a question...be careful to word it in such a way that makes it difficult to 'google' the answer!
Old 12-14-2008, 10:50 AM   #13
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edx View Post
I forgot to do something yesterday

But I figured that while they are all shopping today it is still fair game. I'm not so good on most humour, so the only humour in my post was how little most people on Hyde Park will care:

http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/fo...46#post1006146

ETA: and another, reviewing the President's Choice Cream Fudge
http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/fo...52#post1006152
I bought some of the fudge yesterday and it was DELICIOUS.

WAS. Haha.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:54 AM   #14
Tad
mostly harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surlysomething View Post
I bought some of the fudge yesterday and it was DELICIOUS.

WAS. Haha.
I knew I should have purchased some Loblaw's stock before posting that review....
Old 11-21-2011, 07:48 PM   #15
MattB

Good Gravy...Have we not done this for three years???

Okay, we need to mobilize the forces this week...Find a thread and post in it!

Canucks Attack!! SWARM!!! SWARM!!
Old 11-21-2011, 09:13 PM   #16
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Watch Out Guys!

No turkey coma for us, we're doing home made spaghetti this year. We could end up in carb-comas, I guess.

You got to lose to know how to win.(Aerosmith-Dream On)

Fat is like grass, it'll never go away and there's a hell
of a lot of money to be made by controlling it!

Life is only therapy, real expensive and no guarantees.

Fat is only ugly to those who hate.

Federal Pacific Panels & Breakers have known fire hazards!
Old 11-21-2011, 09:27 PM   #17
MattB

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfree View Post
No turkey coma for us, we're doing home made spaghetti this year. We could end up in carb-comas, I guess.
Espionage!!!
Old 11-21-2011, 10:02 PM   #18
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Link That!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB View Post
Espionage!!!
Ya' need a link, 007!!!

You got to lose to know how to win.(Aerosmith-Dream On)

Fat is like grass, it'll never go away and there's a hell
of a lot of money to be made by controlling it!

Life is only therapy, real expensive and no guarantees.

Fat is only ugly to those who hate.

Federal Pacific Panels & Breakers have known fire hazards!
Old 11-22-2011, 07:11 AM   #19
spiritangel
AmandaClause

spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!

hey you should be challenging all of us to run amok

after all there are a few aussies and UK and other peeps who I am sure we could have some real fun
Old 11-22-2011, 08:02 AM   #20
Tad
mostly harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritangel View Post

after all there are a few aussies and UK and other peeps who I am sure we could have some real fun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
....its our chance to run amok on the boards for a couple of days (well, along with the brits, aussies, and the rest of the world).
I admit that when I posted this originally, way back when, I didn't post to all the non-American boards....but I did at least acknowledge that you all are also turkey-coma-free!

Please feel free to run amok to your hears content.....of course you are free to do that at any time

ETA: I just realized that, except for the paysite board, there isn't really much of this site that I don't post in occasionally, so it is a little hard for me to post somewhere that I normally wouldn't!

Last edited by Tad; 11-22-2011 at 08:14 AM.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:36 PM   #21
MattB

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritangel View Post

Absolutely you should! It's a bit different for us though, we're like their annoying cousins...We're the same, yet sort of different, and they're stuck with us...
Old 11-23-2011, 07:13 AM   #22
Tad
mostly harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB View Post
Absolutely you should! It's a bit different for us though, we're like their annoying cousins...We're the same, yet sort of different, and they're stuck with us...
And we are exposed to enough American media to get fully saturated by American thanksgiving furor! So, kind of like the John Candy character in "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles" we don't have anywhere to go this Thursday (except work and school), but we are kind of along for the ride and they can't get rid of us....
Old 11-23-2011, 08:19 AM   #23
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
And we are exposed to enough American media to get fully saturated by American thanksgiving furor! So, kind of like the John Candy character in "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles" we don't have anywhere to go this Thursday (except work and school), but we are kind of along for the ride and they can't get rid of us....

I miss John Candy. Planes, Trains and Automobiles makes me laugh like crazy. "Those aren't pillows!"

Old 11-24-2011, 02:15 AM   #24
Shosh
Susannah

Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.

John Candy was awesome. I loved him in Stripes
Old 11-24-2011, 02:33 PM   #25
MattB

Added some random Canadiana just now...