Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Health Forum

Old 04-27-2009, 03:18 PM   #1
Actor4hire

Actor4hire does more than just post hot picsActor4hire does more than just post hot picsActor4hire does more than just post hot picsActor4hire does more than just post hot pics
Default The daily excercise report thread!!

I think that the majority of us on this board believe just because we are large, doesn't mean we cant be healthy. I think daily is important for both your physical & mental health, regardless of whether you are trying to lose weight or not. I would like this thread to be a place where people (fat or thin) can support each others (or lack there of) routine.

I am a big guy who goes to the gym 5-7 days a week & I love it!! So let everyone know what you did in your routine today & let us all be supportive a healthy large lifestyle!!!

Feel free to post questions or suggestions & let's see what we can do for each other. This isn't meant to be a place of judgement, so if you did 5 minutes of walking today, that's great!! If you did 60 minutes on the elliptical machine, that's great!!

Report what you did and let's all applaud!

I did 45 minutes on the elliptical machine today. How about you??
Old 04-28-2009, 03:40 PM   #2
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!

Just so you know, there are several exercise threads on the board already. I'm not saying you're in the wrong for what you posted, but the mods are more than likely going to redirect your thread into one of the previous threads.

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal
Jon Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 03:41 PM   #3
Actor4hire

Actor4hire does more than just post hot picsActor4hire does more than just post hot picsActor4hire does more than just post hot picsActor4hire does more than just post hot pics

That's cool. Where can I find them?
Old 04-28-2009, 03:53 PM   #4
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!

http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/fo...light=Exercise

Bad title, but it pretty much turned into a workout thread.

http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/fo...ad.php?t=48852

http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/fo...ad.php?t=53678
My combat sports thread which also asks about any regiments one is in to.

Old 04-28-2009, 06:40 PM   #5
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Jon: Thought I would add to more threads to the one that you mentioned

Health Forum

What Are Your Fav Workouts?

Main Dimensions Board

BBW/SSBBW Self Defense

Also there is a Powerlifting thread on the BHM/FFA board.
tonynyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:33 AM   #6
lypeaches

lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I dunno, seems like this thread has a slightly different angle, since it's more of a daily exercise diary, no? Thought the other threads were more informational....and a tremendous amount of information at that.

I'd be up for a virtual exercise buddy thread, since I have no one to go to the gym with in real life.
lypeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:47 AM   #7
Actor4hire

That is EXACTLY what I meant for this thread to be. A daily place to say what you did & get support for doing so. So I will keep it going and see if it can get a pulse.

Today: 40 minutes on the elliptical, 5 minutes on the stair climber, 5 minutes running on the treadmill & ten minutes of weight work.

How about you??
Old 04-29-2009, 11:44 AM   #8
lypeaches

lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I exercise after work, so I haven't done today yet...

Monday I did 35 minutes on the treadmill. Yesterday was off. Today I'm planning to do elliptical, I think.

PS I'm impressed with 45 minutes on the elliptical. I remember when I first tried it, I could barely do 5 minutes. Took awhile, but I've built up to about 30 minutes.

Last edited by lypeaches; 04-29-2009 at 11:46 AM. Reason: ps
Old 04-29-2009, 12:03 PM   #9
Actor4hire

Thanks for the props on the 45!!

30 Min is great as well! Just keep doing it and you will continue to build up more stamina.

Keep up the good work!
Old 04-29-2009, 01:47 PM   #10
JoeVanHalen

JoeVanHalen can now change their title

I do a 3 and a bit mile walk a few times a week. Going to step it up to everyday along with doing some weight training and maybe an exercise bike. Just gotta push myself a bit more before it gets to late.
JoeVanHalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 02:04 PM   #11
Carrie

Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

2 hours of swimming, cardio and resistance training in the pool this morning.
Old 04-29-2009, 04:22 PM   #12
Actor4hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie View Post
WOW!! That is awesome!! Keep it up!!
Old 04-29-2009, 04:33 PM   #13
Fyreflyintheskye
☯tae kwan donut champ☯

Fyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor4hire View Post

I agree. That sounds fantastic right about now. I think my bum is glued to this comfy chair, though... or at least suction cupped. I'm dying to go swimming. Carrie, you should live up here again!! Come back!!
Old 04-29-2009, 05:58 PM   #14
Jon Blaze
Dusk

I'm about to do the leg portion of the pit workout in a few. 52 minutes. Today is legs, which involves kicks, shadowuhhh kickboxing , about 400 squats of different variations, and a basic warmup.

Old 04-29-2009, 06:46 PM   #15
Carrie

Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor4hire View Post
Thanks! I do it 4-5 times a week, normally, so my contributions to this thread are likely to be pretty repetitive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyreflyintheskye View Post

I agree. That sounds fantastic right about now. I think my bum is glued to this comfy chair, though... or at least suction cupped. I'm dying to go swimming. Carrie, you should live up here again!! Come back!!
Believe me, I think about it all the time! I still think of it as home. Who knows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Blaze View Post
I'm about to do the leg portion of the pit workout in a few. 52 minutes. Today is legs, which involves kicks, shadowuhhh kickboxing , about 400 squats of different variations, and a basic warmup.
400 squats? I DIE. You're hardcore, Mr. Blaze; I salute you.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:44 PM   #16
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:

Jon: The Great Gama must be smiling

400 Squats: very impressive now how do you vary the sets and reps...

------------------------------------
And for those who don't know who "The Great Gama" is

The "Great" Gama (1882-1960), also known as Rustam-e-zaman Gama Pahelvan, born Ghulam Muhammad, in Amritsar, British India, was a renowned wrestler and a practitioner of Pehlwani wrestling. He was awarded the Indian version of the World Heavyweight title on October 15, 1910. To this date he is the only wrestler in history who remained undefeated his whole life; his career spanned more than 50 years. Gama died in Lahore, Pakistan in 1960.
-------------------------------

As for me- I did a workout of Prisoner Squats the other day. Only 200 reps (4 sets of 50) and my knees were feeling it the next day.

One of my favorite free weight workout is the Dumbbell Squat & Shoulder Press

I usually use 45 lbs Dumbbells for 3 sets 10 reps. A nice full body workout.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:03 PM   #17
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonynyc View Post

Jon: The Great Gama must be smiling

400 Squats: very impressive now how do you vary the sets and reps...

------------------------------------
And for those who don't know who "The Great Gama" is

The "Great" Gama (1882-1960), also known as Rustam-e-zaman Gama Pahelvan, born Ghulam Muhammad, in Amritsar, British India, was a renowned wrestler and a practitioner of Pehlwani wrestling. He was awarded the Indian version of the World Heavyweight title on October 15, 1910. To this date he is the only wrestler in history who remained undefeated his whole life; his career spanned more than 50 years. Gama died in Lahore, Pakistan in 1960.
-------------------------------

As for me- I did a workout of Prisoner Squats the other day. Only 200 reps (4 sets of 50) and my knees were feeling it the next day.

One of my favorite free weight workout is the Dumbbell Squat & Shoulder Press

I usually use 45 lbs Dumbbells for 3 sets 10 reps. A nice full body workout.
Well for this: Whenever John Hackelman tells me to squat, I squat. lol

If I do it on my own. I usually Ginga (Capoeira base movement), and just do a couple... Ginga some more... Do a couple until I hit 500. My times vary, but I usually do it in under an hour with a ginga for added cardio.

Old 04-29-2009, 08:20 PM   #18
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

Quote:
Well for this: Whenever John Hackelman tells me to squat, I squat. lol

If I do it on my own. I usually Ginga (Capoeira base movement), and just do a couple... Ginga some more... Do a couple until I hit 500. My times vary, but I usually do it in under an hour with a ginga for added cardio.
Jon:

Is this the Ginga movements that you do? Do you follow Hackelman's workout through DVVDs or going to one of the schools at your free time?
Old 04-29-2009, 08:22 PM   #19
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie View Post
Great workout Carrie - behind the smile of your sweet avatar beats the heart of a fierce ninja warrior....
Old 04-29-2009, 08:59 PM   #20
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Quote:
Jon:

Is this the Ginga movements that you do? Do you follow Hackelman's workout through DVVDs or going to one of the schools at your free time?

You are right about the movement, but I have the pit workout DVD on hand. I would love to go to Cali and train though.

http://www.amazon.com/Pit-Workout-Jo.../dp/B000FP2IQO

Chuck still rules!

Old 04-29-2009, 09:32 PM   #21
Jon Blaze
Dusk

But my knee doesn't. I couldnt' finish because the more I did the squats, the more my right knee ached. No reason to try to break something today.

Old 04-30-2009, 05:42 AM   #22
lypeaches

Holy mother of Pearl, Jon, can't believe how many squats you can do! Awesome! And good on you too, Carrie. I used to do a lot of swimming, but my gym with a pool closed, so no more swimming until summertime when our lake opens up .

Anyway, I did my 30 minutes of elliptical last night. I notice that my heart rate is going down for the same pace, so that's progress.
Old 04-30-2009, 04:28 PM   #23
Carrie

Quote:
Great workout Carrie - behind the smile of your sweet avatar beats the heart of a fierce ninja warrior....
Tony, you know the way to my heart is to call me a ninja.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lypeaches View Post
And good on you too, Carrie. I used to do a lot of swimming, but my gym with a pool closed, so no more swimming until summertime when our lake opens up .
Thanks, Janelle! It is truly the first form of exercise I've ever done that I don't hate with the passion of a thousand fiery suns. I fully expected to hate it, but the results have been nothing short of amazing, so I'm a happy aquatic girl now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lypeaches View Post
Anyway, I did my 30 minutes of elliptical last night. I notice that my heart rate is going down for the same pace, so that's progress.
That's awesome, yay you! It's funny how we notice progress, isn't it? I find way more often than not it just kind of creeps up in a "Heeeeey, this is easier than it used to be!" kind of moment.

2 more hours of pool-work today, then had my 2 month physical therapy reval, where I was officially discharged from their care. Now it's up to me to keep on track with the swimming. I've already spoken to one of the PT assistants about doing some personal training with me in the pool periodically, so I can keep learning new movements and exercises and keep my body guessing, so that should keep things challenging.
Old 04-30-2009, 05:08 PM   #24
ashmamma84
Om Namah Shivayah

ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Dayum! Ya'll are all hardcore!

At least compared to my lil stuff, but I'll share anyway.

3 days a week I do an hour and a half of bellydance at an intermediate level

And the other 2 I practive Vanyasa and Hatha yoga.

The other two days I'm still active (living Chicago forces me to be); walking to and from the subway, etc.

And I'll be taking up pole dancing next month! Woot! I'm gettin' my big ass up on a pole and droppin' it like it's hot if it kills me!
Old 04-30-2009, 06:02 PM   #25
Suze
Too Vanilla For You

Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

i haven't worked out regularly in about 2 months, but started again last week.
don't have a sick routine, but when i DO shake it, i shake it gooood

3 times a week:
30 min/threadmill (warm up)
60min/various strength and condition training

...and like ash, i end up walking around a lot too.
Suze is offline   Reply With Quote