Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Health Forum

Old 11-17-2016, 11:45 AM   #3501
socrates74

socrates74 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokessocrates74 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
Ten minute walk about with a coworker and fifteen on the bike
Low impact, good for your joints
socrates74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 07:44 PM   #3502
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

ten minute walk and twenty minute bike ride on Tuesday

@Socrates- my joints DO feel much better!

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 04:40 PM   #3503
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

So, my cardiologist cleared me to start working on getting my stamina and endurance back. My mobility has taken a huge hit from the beta blocker I have to take now. Right now, I can walk out to the end of my driveway and get the mail out of the mailbox, and then walk back into the house. But that's my limit. Just that short walk leaves me short of breath and feeling like my heart is pounding hard, and it takes a lot of time to recover.

I'm supposed to get up and walk around the house for a few minutes every hour or so, then "mark" the event on my heart monitor. That way they can make sure I'm safely exerting myself. And try to walk just a little bit farther each day.

He expects me to get my endurance up to 2500 steps a day by mid January. So far today I've only done 190. I'll probably hit 300 by bedtime. But I have a lot of progress to make before my next appointment.
Old 11-21-2016, 04:50 PM   #3504
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Three hours housecleaning this past Saturday

twenty minutes on the bike with ten minutes walking today at lunchtime

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
Old 11-22-2016, 06:50 PM   #3505
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

619 steps so far, I'll make it to 700 by bedtime.

So, for Christmas, my husband ordered me a Bellabeat Leaf wearable activity tracker. It's more of a wellness tracker than a fitness tracker. It'll have a pedometer but also has stress relief promoting functions, which makes it perfect for my needs. Plus it looks like jewelry, not a piece of wearable tech. I should get it by the beginning of January at the latest. I'll definitely post my review of it.
Old 11-23-2016, 07:11 PM   #3506
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Ten minutes walking and twenty minutes on the bike on Tuesday

Old 11-24-2016, 09:12 PM   #3507
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

Four hours of housecleaning Saturday. Been walking just over four miles a days the last five days.
ScreamingChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 05:38 PM   #3508
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

twenty minutes walking on Thursday

Old 11-30-2016, 07:51 AM   #3509
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

Hour long walks on Monday and Tuesday.
Old 11-30-2016, 01:47 PM   #3510
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

Twenty five minute walk today at lunch time.
Old 11-30-2016, 02:18 PM   #3511
Rojodi

Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!

Walked to and from the market, 1.6 mile round trip, in 31 minutes, a trip that should take longer.
Old 11-30-2016, 06:58 PM   #3512
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

twenty minutes walking Saturday
ten minutes walking and twenty minutes bike riding on Monday

Old 11-30-2016, 09:10 PM   #3513
Tracyarts

1344 steps so far, and I should reach 1500 by bedtime. Now that it's finally cool here, I can walk around outside without getting lightheaded.
Old 12-07-2016, 07:32 AM   #3514
Tracyarts

1883 steps yesterday. But it was a very busy day, I was out from 7 am until 10 pm. I completely overdid it and was in a world of hurt by the time I crawled into bed last night. Today I'll be surprised if I get a third as many steps in.
Old 12-07-2016, 12:49 PM   #3515
socrates74

socrates74 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokessocrates74 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default Steps.

Good job. 1/3 will be 628. Figure everything more is bonus points
Old 12-07-2016, 02:42 PM   #3516
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

Just walked four miles.
Old 12-08-2016, 10:33 AM   #3517
socrates74

Not too shabby
Old 12-13-2016, 04:41 PM   #3518
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Monday= ten minutes walking and twenty on the bike
Same thing again today!

Old 12-14-2016, 05:48 PM   #3519
Raindancer

Raindancer has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingChicken View Post
Just walked four miles.
That's cool! I walked rather long too two days ago And today I made my usual yoga complex, it's my favourite and I try to make it every day Also I practised with such elliptical http://stylemann.com/best-proform-elliptical-reviews/ , I do this several times a week too, I think that combining calmer and more active exercises is very good for health
And I want the warmer weather for more walking again!
Old 12-17-2016, 01:17 PM   #3520
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Three hours straight house cleaning today

Old 12-17-2016, 02:22 PM   #3521
Rojodi

Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!

10 minutes of shoveling before I was yelled at: Adhesive capsulitis SUCKS!!

40 minutes of mall walking carrying 20 lbs of laptop and backpack
Old 12-29-2016, 03:56 PM   #3522
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

Walking four plus miles a day for the past seven days.
Old 12-29-2016, 07:37 PM   #3523
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Last Monday- twenty minutes on the bike with ten minutes walking

Old 12-30-2016, 09:39 PM   #3524
Tracyarts

2796 steps, or 1.2 miles walked today. Goal achieved, now to get to where I'm consistently reaching it by my cardiologist appointment at the end of January.
Old 12-31-2016, 01:06 PM   #3525
Rojodi

3.2 miles of mall, carrying laptop and backpack